Status
Not open for further replies.

JerneysAngel

Mar 10, 2018
Hi all I’m new here. I used to vape on an eleaf istick power with 1.8 coils and 11 mg of nic. I just switched over to a smok t priv with a .4 cool and 3mg of nic. But started getting lightheaded and headaches... thoughts?
The headache is probably Nicotine related. Too much? Too fast? Salts? Anyway try cutting your Nic down. It should help.

I am New here too! This is my first post!

JamesDMad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2018
Indiana
Good morning and welcome. You may want to try backing down on the nic. I’ve only been vaping a couple months but started with 6mg Even with that, I did experience some side effects. You may also try to reduce your intake l.e. Smaller hits. Good luck on your journey, this is a great forum and people are friendly and very willing to answer your vaping questions. :vapor:

JamesDMad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2018
Indiana
Another question for you, when I started I was still on the cigs too. That’s a definite overload, not to mention if your just starting DTL you are probably coughing, I know I did and afterwards even felt dizzy as well. I found going slow until I got used to it was essential

Derkin

Mar 10, 2018
Another question for you, when I started I was still on the cigs too. That’s a definite overload, not to mention if your just starting DTL you are probably coughing, I know I did and afterwards even felt dizzy as well. I found going slow until I got used to it was essential
I quit cigs four years ago I bought this new setup because was harder and harder to get coils for my old aero tank but the headaches and dizziness are killing me

JerneysAngel

Mar 10, 2018
I started with 24mg straight off cigs for more than 20 years. In 2 months time I am down to 6mg. Decresing to 18, then 12, then 6. All due to Nic OD. The headaches are only the beginning. If you over do it really badly, you will get VERY sick, and feel like you want to die for about 15 minutes. Luckily it passes quickly. However, the Nic is still there so you have to wait a while or you will send yourself right back into hot flashes, nausousness, headache, racing heart, and vomiting with your next hit.
Now that I am getting really comfortable vaping, I find that I keep taking bigger and bigger hits. At first it was mouth to lung, coming of cigs, but then I became accustomed to straight lung hits. As I said, the hits keep getting bigger, too, so I am most likely looking at going down to 3mg soon. I still over do every now and then with 6nic.
Sorry so long. Hope it helps.

JerneysAngel

Mar 10, 2018
I started with 24mg straight off cigs for more than 20 years. In 2 months time I am down to 6mg. Decresing to 18, then 12, then 6. All due to Nic OD. The headaches are only the beginning. If you over do it really badly, you will get VERY sick, and feel like you want to die for about 15 minutes. Luckily it passes quickly. However, the Nic is still there so you have to wait a while or you will send yourself right back into hot flashes, nausousness, headache, racing heart, and vomiting with your next hit.
Now that I am getting really comfortable vaping, I find that I keep taking bigger and bigger hits. At first it was mouth to lung, coming of cigs, but then I became accustomed to straight lung hits. As I said, the hits keep getting bigger, too, so I am most likely looking at going down to 3mg soon. I still over do every now and then with 6nic.
1 more thing. If you get the hiccups, this is a definite sign of nicotine sickness. The other symptoms will follow shortly after. Do not hit your vape again for several minutes.

Derkin

Mar 10, 2018
Helps a lot congrats on quitting cigs

JerneysAngel

Mar 10, 2018
Helps a lot congrats on quitting cigs
You too!
Its a HUGE deal. I was amazed at the easy transition.
I tried vaping before, but I tried the Convienient store disposables. That was awful, because I vaped inside when it was cold outside, but would still end up running out in the snow to huff down a cig after about an hour. So I had effectively INCREASED my smoking habit. Luckily the disposables were easy to quit.
I smoked from 13 to 50 years of age with the exception of 18 months of pregnancy. :(
So happy I don't smell like a walking ashtray anymore! And I feel like I got a giant pay raise!! We have some of the most inexpensive cigarettes where I live, and still they had gone over 6.00 a pack when I quit, and our state legislature is adding another 1.25 per pack cig tax this year.....
They are ridiculously expensive. They were .50 a pack when I started. I swore I would quit if they ever went over a dollar a pack! Ha!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Lower your nic, I will add to the consensus. MTL is VERY different from DL, and it does sound like you are sensitive, nic salts MAY add to the problem as they are very quickly absorbed. You could try just using freebase nicotine at 3 m.g. and see if that makes a difference for you, or lower to 2 m.g. or 1. 5, but it sounds to me like you either need less quickly absorbed nicotine (there are some folks who seem more sensitive to nic salts than others, although I don't find them problematic) but it could either be the sub0hming, or the nic salts.

Best of luck

Anna

Derkin

Mar 10, 2018
Lower your nic, I will add to the consensus. MTL is VERY different from DL, and it does sound like you are sensitive, nic salts MAY add to the problem as they are very quickly absorbed. You could try just using freebase nicotine at 3 m.g. and see if that makes a difference for you, or lower to 2 m.g. or 1. 5, but it sounds to me like you either need less quickly absorbed nicotine (there are some folks who seem more sensitive to nic salts than others, although I don't find them problematic) but it could either be the sub0hming, or the nic salts.

Best of luck

Anna
Thanks I’m picking up some 1.4mg juice tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread