"New & Improved" 510 Automatic Batteries (NOT!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
Well the battery fried while I was using it (all of 2 days old). I got a lung full of something that hurt like hell when I took a puff. Not sure if it was liquid from inside the battery or possibly burnt plastic form a wire or something. (No, it wasn't just from getting over-heated. It was 1000 times stronger than a cleaning cycle).

The battery smells really bad and wont' shut off and the atomizer tastes like a checmical spill. I don't think the atomizer is safe to use any more.

It's all going back, I'm going to exchange it for liquid or something, but not another 510 after that experience.

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
FYI Noobie/ DigDreams, On Your Post After This That The 510 Kills The Flavor Shows How Green You Are, Its A Fact That The 510 / Dura's Produce The Most Flavor!

So Go Back To Your Little 510 & 901 Or What Ever You May Have and Go vape Yourself Away!

~Keep Vapin~!

Did you just call me a "Noobie"? Are you even old enough to smoke?

It's a common opinion that the 901 has more flavor than the 510. Besides, there are no "facts" when it comes to flavor discussions, only opinions.

testerjtester

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Seattle, WA
Well the battery fried while I was using it (all of 2 days old). I got a lung full of something that hurt like hell when I took a puff. Not sure if it was liquid from inside the battery or possibly burnt plastic form a wire or something. (No, it wasn't just from getting over-heated. It was 1000 times stronger than a cleaning cycle).

The battery smells really bad and wont' shut off and the atomizer tastes like a checmical spill. I don't think the atomizer is safe to use any more.

It's all going back, I'm going to exchange it for liquid or something, but not another 510 after that experience.

Sounds like the battery switch stuck on, and burned all of the liquid out of the atomizer - that chemical spill taste seems to happen when the atomizer dries out more or less completely, when the inner wick material starts burning.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but it could happen with any device... it's certainly not the norm for this one.

Tim

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
Sounds like the battery switch stuck on, and burned all of the liquid out of the atomizer - that chemical spill taste seems to happen when the atomizer dries out more or less completely, when the inner wick material starts burning.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but it could happen with any device... it's certainly not the norm for this one.

Tim

Tim,

No, that is not what happened. Smoke was coming OUT OF THE BATTERY. Besides, it happend as I started to puff, the atomizer hadn't even been on 2 seconds.

I know what a dry atomizer tastes like, it's just a bad version of what it tastes like after an auto-clean cycle. This was nothing like that - it was much, much, stronger.

If don't know if you have ever had a UPS blow up on you but that is exactly what it smelled like. Add the smell of a leaking battery to the smell of burning electronics/plastic and that is what I got. Even when disconnected from the atomizer the battery still reeked of this odor.

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
Old thread I know but…….
My wife didn’t really like her 510 w/manual batteries (she didn’t like pushing the button) so I took a chance and got her this kit from smartvapes.com. Both batteries hit for a full 6 seconds consistently and the tank hits great!

-Don

SmartVapes.com. Joye 510-T Starter Tank Kit $43.35

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
I'm not plugging anything here - coz I'm just an old-skool vaper - but from my experience, every single automatic battery I had DIED within 3 months. I have 3 I'm running now only coz they're warranty replacements (free). When the warranty expires and they die, NO MORE. I got a 3,7V Box Mod from 'Godzilla' - a registered supplier on ECF.
I'm very happy with it - and the TrustFire batteries last longer each day than the cheapie-Chinese e-cig batts do. I also made an emergency "N Texas Dial-A-Vape e-Hookah" (glorified hand-made passthru) from a Variable Voltage Adapter and a dead 4081 battery. I love it. Works great. I'll never get 'caught short' again with nothing to vape!

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
Alžběta Madragana;3420665 said:
I'm not plugging anything here - coz I'm just an old-skool vaper - but from my experience, every single automatic battery I had DIED within 3 months. I have 3 I'm running now only coz they're warranty replacements (free). When the warranty expires and they die, NO MORE. I got a 3,7V Box Mod from 'Godzilla' - a registered supplier on ECF.
I'm very happy with it - and the TrustFire batteries last longer each day than the cheapie-Chinese e-cig batts do. I also made an emergency "N Texas Dial-A-Vape e-Hookah" (glorified hand-made passthru) from a Variable Voltage Adapter and a dead 4081 battery. I love it. Works great. I'll never get 'caught short' again with nothing to vape!
Interesting. From what I’ve read a big auto battery killer is when the e-juice leaks into the battery. Were any of your problem batteries used with a tank system? So far, the 510 and eGo tanks we have don’t seem to leak at all.

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
I've yet to have juice leak into a batt. I'm very careful about carto refills. I tried a tank for a few hours and it leaked outside the batt. Lost a lot of juice. I .....canned them pretty quick after that. No batt problems, and I've mostly used cartos. I did use attys the first week I vaped, then learned about cartos (from this site) and have been on them ever since.

GolemGolem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
Arkansas
Odd, I'm a noob but I recently got a 510 manual and they are wonky as heck compared to my 808autos. 808s no cut off work as advertised, 501s 5second cut off, they cut on randomly when nothing is touching the button and stay that way...but if I press the button it'll cut back off in five seconds....sucks to hear that 510 autos seem to suck..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread