New Jersey Vape Expo Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
In NJ, vaping indoors IS a crime. Of course, in NJ, all sorts of of things are a crime that are perfectly OK in most other states. At one point, back around 1990, PA had these signs at all the Delaware river crossings:

Om3UE.jpg
That is something that they do not have the right to decide. Any legitimate officer would be going after the people making those laws. But, I am part of a group in Texas that has over 3 million signatures seeking the execution of officers and politicians that are overstepping their bounds. Public servants acting as rulers are criminals, simple as that.

Fort Worth used to have a couple signs that read "Fort Worth, where the west begins. Dallas, where the east just kinda peeters out..." They went away years ago.

Reactions: azb8496

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
When all the vendors sue the venue for violation of contract, and they in turn sue the health department, heads will roll. Should be an easy win. Of course, a few armed people standing up for their rights would have set things straight as well. Strength in numbers, a few cops wouldn't stand a chance against an angry and smart mob. Some mech mods would make good clubs...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Pavilions are covered as far as I can tell, the designated vaping "pavilion" sure didn't look covered in the video. I'm sure that would be an easy way to get off the hook on the ticket. "Couldn't find the pavilion, so I vaped in the covered area that I paid to be in..."

That really isn't how the law works. No vaping inside or a fine doesn't stipulate vaping inside is ok under certain circumstances...
The organizers and promoters of the event are the ones who should pay the fines...

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
That really isn't how the law works. No vaping inside or a fine doesn't stipulate vaping inside is ok under certain circumstances...
If they are claiming to provide an area to vape and it doesn't exist, then they don't have the right to prosecute you.

I'm sure vendors paid for spots expecting to be able to demonstrate their products. Without that option, would they have paid? No. The health board made up bs rules that they did not have the right to and used traitors with badges to enforce them. A criminal system enforcing criminal "rules" to discriminate against people that didn't want to fork over a criminal amount of taxes to smoke. Simple nazi policies discriminating against vapers.

Why are you sticking up for them? If the people stick up for their rights, they could cost the "board of health" and the cops enough money to make them leave vapers alone.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I've won quite a few court cases by going for civil rights violations. Juries are tired of government bullying people. Even anti-vapers understand that a vaping convention is not for people scared of vaping. And people see that as a misappropriation of funds, sending cops to spoil a convention. With the other problems Jersey has, those cops had way better places to be. Huge waste of time and taxpayer money to be a thorn in someone's side.

Again, why are you sticking up for the anti-vaping crowd?

I just don't see that, at all... I'm not defending anyone, other than the truth and reality of the situation. One trying to get out of a vaping ticket claiming a civil rights violation defense would be laughed out of court...
Unless the police were on overtime or hired just for the event, there was no extra taxpayer money spent...

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Acton, Maine, United States
I am part of a group in Texas that has over 3 million signatures seeking the execution of officers and politicians that are overstepping their bounds. Public servants acting as rulers are criminals, simple as that.

Excessive punishment for use of excessive force?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm stunned that whoever organized the NJ vaping convention didn't know (and didn't bother to find out) that vaping has been banned in that convention center (and all other workplaces and public places in NJ) for more than 5 years.
Curious: Is this the first time there's been a vape expo or convention in NJ in those whole 5 years?

But this is an excellent opportunity for the vaping industry (i.e. the ones who were issued citations in NJ) to challenge the the 2009 NJ vaping ban in court (by pleading Not Guilty to the citations) arguing that the NJ legislature disingenuously and improperly redefined the word "smoking" to include the use of smokefree vapor products, and to point out that vaping poses none of the risks to the public that secondhand smoke poses.
Yup, more than a few people now have "standing". The question is, do they have the motivation and the resources to mount a challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread