New Juice Bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
juice users, what is your opinion of the new Blue Capped, skinny tipped bottles?
The bottles I received were produced 3/3/13. I hope they have been discontinued.
My opinion is :glare:. It is so hard to get the juice out with my arthritic fingers.
Our measurements using "drops" will be tremendously off. These are the world's
tiniest "drops"....takes a lot of squeezing of the bottle. Also, if you use a
syringe, when filing, the syringe fit the old top of the bottle, and does not now.

What say? Am I seeing things differently from anyone else? (not unusual for me).:facepalm:

MystStick

ECF Veteran
At first I thought I would love them because of the tip.... and they did make it easy to fill tanks or smileos, but after the first use, the bottle was too hard to squeeze (with my old hands)... and the bottle started to collaspse in the middle making it even harder to squeeze. The last few drops were almost impossible to squeeze out and had to take the top/tip off and drip it into a different bottle. That little tip is not easy to get off as now I prefer to transfer my juice into my needle top bottles. Personally, I am hoping they go back to the old bottle design.

emb

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
San Diego
I don't like these new bottles. I too thought at first it would be nice but after using the new bottles I have found: it is too hard to squeeze the juice out of the bottle, takes too long, if you don't pay attention to the direction of the angle of the tip you can end up with juice in the wrong place.

I do hope they change back to the old bottles or I am going to have to find away around these new bottles (maybe saving the old bottles and reusing them).

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
I like the skinny tipped bottles. The juice I use (Apple Breeze) comes out very easily and the tip fits perfectly into the smileo. I have seen other people comment that their juice comes out excruciatingly slow though, so you're not alone Sally.

Harmony...I can get it to come out faster, but you have to squeeze the bottle very hard, and my old hands just can't take it.
Does anyone know if they are sending out new juice with that bottle? Mine was made in March.

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
Can you force something in it like a nail or paperclip to make the opening bigger? I haven't gotten the new type of bottle yet, but I am due for a juice order soon... Good luck!

No JenJen....it is too tiny for anything! I tried to transfer my juice to washed out bottles today. First, the tip is very hard to get off. Secondly...you can't really empty the bottle. Instead of having sloped sides, the bottle has squared sides and no matter what you cannot get all the juice out. It won't even POUR out. There is always something left.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Can you force something in it like a nail or paperclip to make the opening bigger? I haven't gotten the new type of bottle yet, but I am due for a juice order soon... Good luck!

JJ, I agree with Sally. The tip is so small that I had a really difficult time just getting my syringe in :(. I cut the tip down to make it easier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread