New Juices on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
Just got all my nicotine bottled up in 4oz bottles in the freezer. Winded up with a little over a gallon of 100mg. Still have a 500ml of VG and 750ml of PG left over, and I just got some new flavors in the mail today.

Mixed 50ml of my proven Apple Pie recipe
Mixed 50ml of my proven Orange Cream
Mixed 50ml of Strawberries and Cream

Mixed 10ml tests of the following

Strawberry/Orange Cream Cheesecake
Buttery Nipple

And one I threw together a 30ml that I named

Land's End (Mocha, Cappuccino, Irish Cream, and a hint of Dark Rum)

Any suggestions on how long to let the "Land's End" steep? All my flavors are TFA. This is my first time working with the coffee and Irish Cream flavors.
Screenshot_20180522-182922.png

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Any suggestions on how long to let the "Land's End"
Steeping is not something I consider a subject of concern. Some juices change a little with aging; some change a lot. I mix many mixes per mixing session and everything gets 4 weeks min. and more often, 2-3 months is not unusual. It's all about managing what you mix vs what you have left in stock. I believe If a mix is not good or has not approached my minimal taste acceptance (after a few shakes various times through the aging process) the mix is a failure. If the taste is good only after 2-3 weeks and goes down hill, it's not for me. If anyone believes a more rigorous mechanical/thermal intervention hastens and improves your mix, go for it.
Looks good, MTL non sub ohm recipe?

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
Steeping is not something I consider a subject of concern. Some juices change a little with aging; some change a lot. I mix many mixes per mixing session and everything gets 4 weeks min. and more often, 2-3 months is not unusual. It's all about managing what you mix vs what you have left in stock. I believe If a mix is not good or has not approached my minimal taste acceptance (after a few shakes various times through the aging process) the mix is a failure. If the taste is good only after 2-3 weeks and goes down hill, it's not for me. If anyone believes a more rigorous mechanical/thermal intervention hastens and improves your mix, go for it.
Looks good, MTL non sub ohm recipe?
Sub ohm 80vg/20pg 9mg mix. DTL. I still have about 400ml of other DIY to go through before I will need it. I figure if I go through what I have and the 3 50ml I made, then would be a good time to start sampling "Land's End". The 10ml I use the flavors in a lot of my recipes, so I can pretty much judge steep time

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
For me a coffee cream is vapable at 2 weeks to get an idea where the recipe is heading, better at 4 weeks. My experience is the coffee fades a bit as the creams mature but with the rum and Irish cream to support the coffee note I suspect you may not have the same experience. I have some VTA coffee liqeur I'm going to play with. Hoping it will keep my current coffee & cream mix more equal flavor wise.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
For me a coffee cream is vapable at 2 weeks to get an idea where the recipe is heading, better at 4 weeks. My experience is the coffee fades a bit as the creams mature but with the rum and Irish cream to support the coffee note I suspect you may not have the same experience. I have some VTA coffee liqeur I'm going to play with. Hoping it will keep my current coffee & cream mix more equal flavor wise.

I can't remember how long the caramel cappuccino took but the change was drastic. It smelled unvapable fresh mixed.
Think tire fire.

• Useful
Reactions: NatashaTMT

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I can't remember how long the caramel cappuccino took but the change was drastic. It smelled unvapable fresh mixed.
Think tire fire.
Purilum caramel coffee with sweet milk is actually a decent vape as a stand alone at 7% and pretty good at 2 weeks. I add HS cream and Fa dulce de leche. I was boosting the coffee note with LNW cappuccino but think I will prefer the liqueur. Can hardly wait to mix the VTA coffee liqeur with the RF SC aged bourbon cream which I'm out of, should be here Fri.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The only thing I can much say about coffees is I had a tiramisu mix that I found horrible. I put it aside and returned to it a couple months later and really liked it. I will do that with some of my mixes, from time to time especially if I'm not sure if it needs more steeping, or what.

I was pretty shocked at the difference, actually. It was pretty foul after 2 weeks.

Sadly, some mixes need more time, and some will fade more quickly (think citruses, etc.) while I can't imagine lime coffee ever tasting good, well, I've had some bakery flavors with citruses where the citrus did fade over time, nowadays if something is going to fade on me but still needs a steep, I will either bump up the citrus after a steep, or not add it right away.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread