New Kanger Pro Tank----Eating up batteries??? Help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
Set up is a ProVari . batteries are 6 months old and using 4-5 on rotation
Regular cartomizer use, change battery every 8 hours or so.

New Kanger Pro tank purchased 2 days ago, and it appears will be nice, if I can find out how to carry
a charger with me everywhere I go. LOL.
Using watts(?) at 4.5 to 4.8
Batteries will last after a full charge, about 1 to 1.5 hour in ProVari and then blinking red light goes off!

I take same battery, recharge, use regular cartomizer and again will last many hours, back in for Kanger
Pro tank use....lasts less than a hour.

Help! What is happening and is this gonna happen all the time with the Kanger??:(

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Set up is a ProVari . Batteries are 6 months old and using 4-5 on rotation
Regular cartomizer use, change battery every 8 hours or so.

New Kanger Pro Tank purchased 2 days ago, and it appears will be nice, if I can find out how to carry
a charger with me everywhere I go. LOL.
Using watts(?) at 4.5 to 4.8
Batteries will last after a full charge, about 1 to 1.5 hour in ProVari and then blinking red light goes off!

I take same battery, recharge, use regular cartomizer and again will last many hours, back in for Kanger
Pro Tank use....lasts less than a hour.

Help! What is happening and is this gonna happen all the time with the Kanger??:(

Can you check the Ohms on the Protank coil and let us know what it is?

Also, the Provari does not do watts, it's 4.5 - 4.8 volts that you're using.

What size batteries are you using? 18350? 500? or 650?

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
what does the protank ohm out at? the factory atty's for them suck. worked much better with the ones i rebuilt. the protank seems to want to flood alot after the tank gets below half full. some kind of wicking issue.

hmmm... I've only had my Protank 2 for two days now, but have run at least 10 tanks thru it, and it hasn't flooded a single time. Is that something that happens when the atty's begin to become "used"?

gmb225

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
somerset ky
i have 3 of them, from first use they all seem to start having a problem at the half way mark. usually they flood, sometimes its the other way they cant wick well. like there is a vacume were the ejuice is. ive never been able to figure it out. i just open it up and clean out the tube goin up to the mouth piece. that gets alot of ejuice build up and runs down into the atty.

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
Thanks to all for coming here to try and help this ole girl...granny. Yes, its volts, not watts...and the ProVari measured the Pro tank atomizer at 2.4 and Im using 18490 batteries.
It is weird and it's with all my batteries, not just one or two. I went thru 6 batteries yesterday at work. ProVari blinking red light comes
on after about a hour or so use with the pro tank.
Charge up that battery, use on regular cartomizer and get almost 8....
Im using 100& vg from Johnson Creek, which I have for over 2 years, even with other tanks and with all my cartomizers.
The atty is 3 days old that's in it. Just bought the kit.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Thanks to all for coming here to try and help this ole girl...granny. Yes, its volts, not watts...and the ProVari measured the Pro tank atomizer at 2.4 and Im using 18490 batteries.
It is weird and it's with all my batteries, not just one or two. I went thru 6 batteries yesterday at work. ProVari blinking red light comes
on after about a hour or so use with the pro tank.
Charge up that battery, use on regular cartomizer and get almost 8....
Im using 100& vg from Johnson Creek, which I have for over 2 years, even with other tanks and with all my cartomizers.
The atty is 3 days old that's in it. Just bought the kit.

That's very weird indeed. 4.2 on a 2.4 coil is 7 something watts, and should not be taxing the battery much at all. Can you check your battery when you first put it on the Provari (CB option) and see what the voltage is on the battery. Also, when you start to see the red blinking light, check it again and see what it shows.

Something is causing the battery to drain really quickly. Did you try a different coil head on the ProTank?

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I'm getting a full day on my Provari running the PT II. Can vape my tank down to barely any juice in it with no problems. No gurgling, no flooding. Just Make sure you allow a fresh coil/wick head to fully saturate before your first vape, and you should be trouble free. Also, I've my switch light off on the Provari, and this has extended my battery life by a couple of hours. You won't get the low level warning blink, just no vape and then the rapid battery below minimum threshold blink. But hey, an extra 2-3 hrs of vaping time plus stealth vape on the shuttle, it's all good. Also, don't over tighten the tank, this can bend the coil wire, and shut off air flow. Just loosely tight, and then adjust the draw with the tightness of the tank.

bullseye36

Dec 4, 2013
Youngstown
I'm having the same problem with a protank 3. I'm using an itaste MVP 2. Took it off the charge around 10 am today and its down to 3.9 volts on the battery. Its running 2 ohms and I have the vv set to 4.2. I work afternoon shift and with the iclear heads I'm usually only down to 4.0 on the battery by the time I get home at 1am. Is this normal for a protank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread