New kind of carto????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I'm sure it can be done though t is difficult because the circumference in a carto body is very tight.
I have been thinking about this for the past few weeks. It would have to filler-less to keep it user accessible and again the small radius we will be working with for standard carto tank compatibility would generate too much heat that would lead to scorching. If we can allow the 510 connection to be separated it would allow rebuilding which would be the ideal goal.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
It is certainly possible to re-coil and/or re-wick almost all of the BCC types. Re-wicking is actually very simple (unless the old wick is so gunked in there that it won't come out without destroying the coil). Re-coiling is a bit more work, but it's still very doable.

Look for "evod coil rebuild" on you tube. This one isn't too bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdl7glHoHkU

You don't need all the pliers and stuff, I take the heads apart and put them together with fingers and fingernails. (You do need something like a tiny screwdriver or drill bit to wrap the coil on, though).

If you just need to re-wick:
a) Pop the cap off the coil head
b) carefully remove the old wick (often they come out more easily one strand at a time) with tweezers
Dry-burn the coil once all the wick is out.
c) Put in the new wick and trim it
d) Pop the top cap back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread