New Lithium Ion Battery Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
I'd love to see some manufacturers integrate some of this stuff into their designs when it becomes available :)

A prototype battery made using the new technique could be charged in less than 20 seconds - in comparison to six minutes with an untreated sample of the material.

However, the researchers found that their new material does not lose its capacity to charge over time in the way that standard lithium ion batteries do.

Full article:
BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | Battery that 'charges in seconds'

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
Just a few calculations, based on battery charge time of 4 hours.

6 minutes = 360 seconds / 20 seconds = 18 (times faster charging with the new technology).

4 hours = 14400 seconds / 18 = 800 seconds / 60 seconds = 13.33333... minutes.

So this would mean instead of charging our batteries for 4 hours, it would take just over 13 minutes...

I should add that I have a tendency to totally mess up calculations, so can someone confirm this for me?

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
All I know is that my EVO batteries already charge in 15 minutes...

And they last 10 hours :D

Very true. Not only that (I get about 8 hrs but vape more than I breathe) but unlike other batteries they don't fade. They keep going at the same steady excellence 'til they're done, when they flash "goodbye" and stop completely. This makes them the perfect "out and about" e-cig imho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread