New member... and General Juice question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelux

Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hey all,
I've been usung this forum as a fantastic place for all my research when hopping onto the "vape-train."

I tried a TAWA PV, and absolutely loved everything about it! I have just recently gotten a 510 from MFS, and a few juices as well... This is where my "newbie-ness" kicks in:

I cannot tell if it's the PV or the juice, but I got all 18mg flavors, and they all taste like old chewing tobacco spit... I'm not mixing atty's or anything, so it's not a case of bad mixes... it's hard to describe, but after each hit, I'm left with a terrible after-taste, like you get when you swallow chewing tobacco spit. Be it the flavor "Mar-Bro... in tobbacco spit" or "Wintergeen, floating in a pre-salivated tobacco leaf," there is no escaping the sensation.

This sensation was not even close to being present with the TAWA (generic one I bought at a quick-e-mart) PV... I really liked the flavor there.

I've read damn near everything on dripping, topping, wetting, cleaning, etc. for the 510 and general atty's, and no matter the proccess, there it is.... the lingering "Skoal-lugie."

So, all you "Masters of the Vape," I ask you this: What is it? Is it:
a.) Too much nicotine in the juice, and I should go down to a lower amount (currently at 18mg)?
b.) Two bad atty's... or atty's that need to be somehow cleaned in some way that I don't know about?
c.) Bad juices?

Thank you for your guidance, and I hope to once again (asap) be enjoying the fantastic world of vaping!

Angelux

Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the info! I'll try to (again) clean the atty's out... and I'm pretty sure I've got the right fill level (swampy, not a lake)... but will continue to experiment with the fill-levels...

I smoke (though almost not, now) Camel Light analogs... so not quite "full-flavoured." On my next order, I'm going to get 10ml's of the full specrtum of nic levels under 18mg... as well as trying various suppliers (which I only have purchased from those recommended on this forum).

But just so I'm sure: The very present flavor of chewing tobacco (currently equally in "cig flavor," apple, and wintergreen, all from the same supplier), should this be common at 18mg?

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
Try putting those juices aside for a few days, or a week. I was thinking it was more of a oily taste (never having chewed). I think it was because the two place I ordered from mixed them right before shipping, and the flavor hadn't diffused yet. One I couldn't stand two days ago, is better now. It's not my favorite, but I can vape it. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread