New Member from WV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdolin

Apr 16, 2016
Hello everyone,

Pretty new to vaping but having fun with it so far. It has helped me quit smoking and have been cigarette free for over a month now. I'm also down to 0 nic juice. I'm currently using an EVOD Mega that I picked up from eBay for 20 bucks shipped. I feel like this was a decent setup for a pen style starter kit. Definitely better than the blister pack setups you see at gas stations for near the same price or cheaper. However, I want some more vapor so I ordered the new Subvod Mega TC. With the new subvod would you guys use the .5 ohm in power mode or just go with the .15 ohm nickle coil TC mode? From what I can tell the main benefit for TC in a non VV/VW mod is that it'll prevent dry-hits, are there any other benefits? Or should I just stick with traditional coils?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
First:

viannen_01.gif

Welcome to ECF!​

pJYvGY3.gif

Second: Bump for help. :)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. If it were me, I'd go in power mode. I don't care for Ni wire. I do TC with stainlrss and Ti, but not Ni. That's just me, though, you might like it. You know to cut the nic in your juice when you go subohm, right? I'd say give each coil a try and see what you like best.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have ordered the subvod. I have little intention of using the TC. It outputs at 3.7v so the 0.5ohm coil should handle the 27 (?) watts without worry.
If not, we'll all know what to do. :)
Overall, I find TC most frustrating and unnecessary for the lower-power vaping I do.
27 watts is twice my normal power (give or take) so I'm going in with 1.5mg as an experiment.
If you are already on zero, many congratulations. :thumbs:

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
I use Temp control but only with Titanium or stainless steel. ..No Nickel for me.
To use a well worn analogy around these parts I'd say temperature control is like having cruise control in a car. No one "has to have" it but it's a nice feature once you get used to it. It allows you to do other things with your thoughts and attention and not worry about exceeding the speed limit (with your Car or Coil)
Once most people get accustomed to cruise control on a car they want it on their next one. If you've never had it you won't miss it (and the car does just fine). Just my 2cents...ymmv- David

nickdolin

Apr 16, 2016
Thanks for the replies!

I'll try both (Power/TC) but have read that the Ni coil that is included is a bit polarizing as compared to Ti or SS. O think the Subvod (Mega) puts out 35-40 watts so not a super high power device. For those of you who vape at lower power, can you get good vape production at 10-20 watts? I had the assumption that you needed more power for more vape, but it seems that vapor production also varies depending on coil/airflow/wick/etc.

As of today I bought a 1 ohm coil for the Evod Mega that I'm using for a little more power (13ish watts from about 9) and it did increase the vapor production and I also put a new drip tip with some slits for increased airflow (I'm a lung hitter). I'm hoping the new Subvod Mega isn't too much power but I guess I could get a higher resistance coil if it is. I'm also thinking the new Top Evod looks good except the weak 650 mah battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread