New Member has problem with vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrakat

Aug 10, 2010
Chicago
I just recently received my new Bloog Fusion, I had the older model also. My problem is when I inhale vapor all I do is cough.. It makes me cough so bad I can't stand it. I've tried all different cartridges and only the old Virginia Slim (which they no longer make) didn't bother me, but it also didn't satisfy me. Any suggestions on what I can do, or what's causing this? I've been a heavy smoker for many years, and not even a regular cigg bothers me like that. It's terrible. Help!!

Electrakat

Aug 10, 2010
Chicago
I will check out info, but my cartridges are 11 mg nicotine, I add nothing, you use it and when done throw away. PG or VG is another question, I have no idea of. I guess I have more to learn.

Ok, I checked out inhalation techniques, I have an automatic model, and I already do the primer puffs. But, when I inhale after that I'm done.

Last edited:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Looking at the site it doesnt say if its PG or VG so I'd guess its just PG - nothing wrong with all PG juices btw but some people do have a sensitivity to it - to be sure Id contact them and ASK it seems to be the easiest way to find out lol
I havent used this brand but as it doesn't mention atomizers at ALL I suspect its a cartomizer deal.
I know loads of people LOVE cartos but I found the TH I got from them was really 'smack in the throat' country - I gave up using mine as for that reason; I really dont want or need a lot of TH and it made me...COUGH!
If someone with a better eye than me can identify the model we might be able to recommend if you can buy cartos at another vendor that are refillable (Bloogs might be refillable I jsut cant see from the pictures) - if they ARE refillable Id suggest trying a liquid with a higher VG content. VG tends to damp down the TH so it feels smoother.
Its also possible that this particualr model and you aren't compatible.
That's not unusual - a lot of new users try a model or 2 before they find a good 'fit'. I was lucky I found mine first go (as do many others) but it can be a bit hit n miss at times.
Don't give up - this is a bump in the road not a cul-de-sac :)

vikings

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Malaysia
I believe the Fusion is a kr808d-1 model. One thing I noticed about their cartomizers is that the vapor is pretty harsh....even at low mg. I started coughing a lot when I first used them....but eventually got used to it.

Having said that, I now use the Reo and even at 24mg, I don't get the same harsh effect I do with the Bloog cartos.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I just went to their site again to refresh my memory. They look to me like a standard kr808 D-1 model that is way over priced. 80 bucks for a 2 battery kit and 11 bucks for a pack of cartos? You can get a 2 batt 808 kit for $37.00 here https://vaporsetc.com/vaporkits2.asp or $40.00 here KR808D-1 2 piece e-Cigarette and a box of cartos shouldn't cost more than $8.00. I just bought some blank ones for $6.49 a box.
Buying blank cartomizers and refilling them is the way to go. There are a lot of great juices out there in VG, PG, or a mix thereof, many different nic levels and every flavor you can think of.
I'm not 100% sure a kr808 carto works with the Bloog but I'm sure the 808 works as well as the Bloog. It looks the same. Same threads.
Anyway, I'd say for future reference, keep the kr808 in mind. Companies that sell over priced cortos and don't tell you what model they are are kind of a scam and are just trying to make people think that they have to buy their cartridges. This is limiting and expensive. At least more so than it needs to be.

windsprints

Jul 13, 2010
NY
The Bloog Fusion was the first e-cig I ordered and I had the same experience. I found the taste pretty awful and I could not stop coughing. I thought it was the nicotine level so customer support sent me lower nicotine cartridges to try (free of charge). I still coughed badly every time. I sent the kit back for a refund. I have used others since, Eluma and Vapor4Life, and did not experience any coughing. I had tried/returned the Bloog before I found this site. I had no idea that other cartridges may have worked so I didn't try any others with it to know if they will fit.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
The Bloog Fusion was the first e-cig I ordered and I had the same experience. I found the taste pretty awful and I could not stop coughing. I thought it was the nicotine level so customer support sent me lower nicotine cartridges to try (free of charge). I still coughed badly every time. I sent the kit back for a refund. I have used others since, Eluma and Vapor4Life, and did not experience any coughing. I had tried/returned the Bloog before I found this site. I had no idea that other cartridges may have worked so I didn't try any others with it to know if they will fit.

This is how MANY of the "commercial" sites work. If the site does not tell what model the device is, and customer services will not tell you, then DO NOT ORDER IT!!

The way these companies work is by locking you into "there special cartridges" although they are ALMOST ALL overpriced KR808-D1 or KR808-D2(V9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread