New member here..My quick story of smoke 2 vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintX

Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Denver,Colorado
Initially back in May of 2009 I tryed one of those electronic pipes (DSE 601) shipped from china. This pipe has built in atomizer.I didnt really like the flavor of carts it came with but was still trying to quit smoking and tryed to stick with my e-pipe. Sadly this pipe broke within 1 week of use. I bought another atomizer replacement for the pipe and it lasted 1 month and broke. So I said screw it and went back to analogs. Smoked till about 3 weeks ago and decided to give it another try after seeing blu e-cig ad on the web (my cough was starting to kill me after 18 years of smoking). Placed an order and while I was waiting for the order to arrive (took almost 2 weeks) I kept watching vodeos on youtube and educating myself about vaping. Watched many videos and came across Dr Vapor's silver bullet video (one with taxido) :blush: That video made a sale. I bought a silver bullet and all needed accessories. Havent had analog in over 2 weeks and love vaping :vapor:

Anyways thanks for reading and nice to meet you all :)

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
In the long run (at least for me) it will be cheaper, but at the onset it will cost you $$$$.....unless you have a vaping mentor to stop you from buying stupid stuff. Unfortunately for me I was on my own and worked through it...spent $$ and purchased things that were very disappointing but now, 9 months later, I have my "vaping nirvana" squarely in view and only "waste $$" when I want to try something new.

The Silver Bullet was, at one point, the mod that I most coveted. One day I might own one but now have my eye on another beauty. Still....I'm very jealous of you and your new bullet. Everything I have ever read or heard leads me to believe that you have one of the best pv's out there....congrats.

Post a follow-up post in a week or so and let everyone know your impressions of it after putting it through its paces. Also would like to know what voltages you find to be the best with it.

Jealous still....but glad you ponied up for a great mod.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
You said you tried vaping before and quit after you had some atomizers die. (One after a week, and one after a month.)

Replacing atomizers or cartomizers or whatever you use is part of the deal. You can clean them once a week or so, and that will extend the lifespan, but they die, and they have to be replaced.

Saying "OMG, my atomizer died, so I'm going back to smoking" means that you are going to smoke because you aren't willing to buy a part that is, by nature, going to need to be replaced.

If anyone has told you "Spend $100 on a kit, one time, and then you'll never need to spend another dime on vaping", they were lying to you. Batteries don't last forever. Atomizers don't last forever. Cartomizers don't last forever. Fluid doesn't last forever.

However, buying a kit and replacing parts is still far cheaper than smoking.

If you don't already have backups, you should make a plan to get them. You need a backup on your batteries, and your battery charger. Whatever you are using (atomizer/cartomizer/tank) as your fluid delivery and heating system, you want a backup. Eventually, you might even want a backup of the silver bullet itself, or possibly just get a different mod. If you only have one, and it falls in the lake, or gets lost or stolen, what do you do while you wait on another to come in?

SaintX

Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Denver,Colorado
Baldr you prbably didnt get what i was saying. Back when i tryed i bought an electronic pipe. If you look up pictures of the model I posted above then you will see thet once atomizer burns you need to replace the whole unit minus plastic mouthpiece. Pipe atomizer part was 59.99$ shipped fom china so I expected a bit more then a week out of it. So $139 later and waittime for china shipping I gave it up, didt wqnna spend another $59.99 plus shipping for something that doesnt last that long and takes forever to recieve. Nowdays you get a couple of attys or cartos and if you take care of them you are all set for couple of weeks or even a month. Thats how how I went back to smoking :)

@hawkizefan Yes so far I am very happy with my silver bullet. I have tryed both 3.7 and 6v and found that with most of juices I have so far i like 3.7 with a low rezolution cartomizer. I like dripping but cartomizers are more convinient since when I am not at home I find it hard to drive and drip at the same time, so i pack about 3-4 cartos and I am all set for a day at work :)
I will upfate my post later on to let you know how silver bullet performs. Do far its awesome as I said.
I am jealous too :) of the mod junkie.She has Alot of mods :) As to money spent so far I am up to about $500 but I dont buy stupid stuff before i buy I usually research alot and see what pll have to say about it. I spend money mostly on juices to find my juices for every day and different ocations :)
I am also interested in getting one more mod like mini monkey boxx or a reo mini wood but cant get ether one since they both out of stock :/ just wanna try something that feeds juice :)

Sorry for misstypes since I used my phone to type all this :) plus english is not my fist language anyways :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread