New Member Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
vape Guru" data-source="post: 21806515" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape Guru said:
Hello all, im a YouTuber
(Edited - Rules)

Might look at your Youtube channel in a little. Thought you should know ECF removed your link to it here in your post. Not quite sure why, won't speculate either. Will say other forums exist where such things are not a concern. You might want to go poking around underground while vaping and find one or two of those forums. Welcome here to ECF though. Excuse me if I've spoken too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vape Guru

May 24, 2019
Might look at your Youtube channel in a little. Thought you should know ECF removed your link to it here in your post. Not quite sure why, won't speculate either. Will say other forums exist where such things are not a concern. You might want to go poking around underground while vaping and find one or two of those forums. Welcome here to ECF though. Excuse me if I've spoken too much.
Thx for the advice

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Where exactly is the competition thread? How do I get to it?
Hi, just read the rules there and your comp directing people elsewhere is against ECF rules. That comp aint ever going to fly anywhere here. I guess its like this. People come along not to engage here but just to use the place as a stepping stone to self promoting. It's not what ECF is about at all. It's a community of like minded people who vape, to swap ideas and help others. To engage, not to use. ;)

Reactions: Nancy D

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Hi, just read the rules there and your comp directing people elsewhere is against ECF rules. That comp aint ever going to fly anywhere here. I guess its like this. People come along not to engage here but just to use the place as a stepping stone to self promoting. It's not what ECF is about at all. It's a community of like minded people who vape, to swap ideas and help others. To engage, not to use. ;)

32. Polls and Contests

a. Any event decided by voting, or polls, or contests, run by and for members or groups, cannot be termed 'ECF xxxxx Of The Year' or similar as this gives the impression that ECF has sanctioned the event and has some input into the conduct of it, or has requested appropriate quality standards where the poll is for a product. ECF would require independent proof of safety standards or similar. Such private events must be termed 'ECF Members Choice xxxxx Of The Year', 'ECF [Group] xxxxx Of The Year', '[Group] xxxxx Of The Year', or similar.

b. No contest may exceed 2000 post. Any contest exceeding this amount will be closed without notice.

Citing: Forum Rules

Does not appear his contest, hosted on another site no less, altogether violates either stipulation of the rules of ECF. I have viewed his videos. Yes, he drinks adult beverages. He is clearly an adult and has that right.

Yes, he may let a few profanities slip into talking. The site hosting his videos has not made issue of that. He is a plain spoken person in my view. Adult people can sometimes use profanities artistically, or simply to emphasize a valid point. He does not commit battery, the act of cursing someone out, in his videos. He does ask in one video those using an illicit drug to stop doing so. He like most of us dislikes losing friends to overdoses.

I see no grounds that calls for a link to his Youtube channel to be removed, either due to a contest, or any other imagined "wrong".

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Can't say it any better than that !

Thread closed :)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
1. The system does not allow links until after 5 posts.
New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
0 to 5 posts:
New Member.
Cannot post live links.
Cannot use Private Messaging (PMs).
Cannot have a signature.
Cannot post images (photos) if linked to on another site.

After 5 posts:
Full member.
Members can post in all open forums, use Private Messaging, and can have a signature.
Note that some forums are private: access is for special membership categories.

2. Member Contest Rules and Guidelines
Member Contest Rules and Guidelines:

Contests are held right here - by members for members

Prizes are to be E-Cig related

All contests have a 2000 Post Maximum

No contests directed to Facebook or for Facebook "Likes"

No contests via YouTube subscriptions, "likes", comments...contests are held here for members

No contests for joining groups...contests are held right here - by members for members

No sending members off site to participate for any reason

It must be your contest, not an advertisement for one

Raffles are not permitted - they are not contests

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread