New member, kinda..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speigel42

Aug 10, 2017
Chino, CA
Hey guys, signed up a while ago, but I don't think I ever made a presence.
Well I'm actively trying to be a bigger part of the community so thought I'd be on here.
Just got laid off from a local vape shop due to lack of business, but it was part-time anyway; I work as a line cook.
Just gonna post my profile, look forward to convos and q&a's!
30 years old
Former addict
14 yrs smoking analogs
vaping as of 2-16

vaping has changed my life style, health, and plays a huge role to my sobriety from ....... I've never had hobbies aside from using, but building coils and collecting mods in search of the perfect vape has truly fascinated me. Now I spend my spare time watching reviewers, builders, instagraming coil shots, and finding the most flavorfully, satisfying experience one I wouldn't give up for any high.
Thank you for your interest!

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
Vaping sure can be an interesting hobby that adds the right amount of distraction from life for me.

I'm happy to hear you have overcome your addiction and are finding new ways to spend your time.

I used to cook in a restaurant, that's hard and demanding work. Am disabled now. Sorry you got laid off from your vape job but I'm sure something will come along.

I've only been a member here for about a year but have found a very helpful place.

Speigel42

Aug 10, 2017
Chino, CA
Thank you for that, I appreciate every day I have and give a lot more thought to my health.
Yes , it is very demanding. I have been cooking professionally for about 8 years and feel it is time to go to school. Hopefully something in aeronautics, and airframe maintinance.
I look forward to gathering more vaping knowledge from you and the others here.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF and it sounds like you will fit right in. Congrats on vaping and sobriety, honestly vaping took me a LOT longer than sobriety. But congrats on switching to vaping that's fantastic.

I used to work in the restaurant industry from 16 until I got my Master's degree, and I really enjoyed it. Did all sorts of things including line/prep cook and mostly waiting tables. The back of the house is definitely harder! :) Usually.... :)

I hope you are able to achieve your ambition to return to school soon, but most of all welcome to "visibility". :)

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey guys, signed up a while ago, but I don't think I ever made a presence.
Well I'm actively trying to be a bigger part of the community so thought I'd be on here.
Just got laid off from a local vape shop due to lack of business, but it was part-time anyway; I work as a line cook.
Just gonna post my profile, look forward to convos and q&a's!
30 years old
Former addict
14 yrs smoking analogs
Vaping as of 2-16

Vaping has changed my life style, health, and plays a huge role to my sobriety from ....... I've never had hobbies aside from using, but building coils and collecting mods in search of the perfect vape has truly fascinated me. Now I spend my spare time watching reviewers, builders, instagraming coil shots, and finding the most flavorfully, satisfying experience one I wouldn't give up for any high.
Thank you for your interest!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Ditto your interests, right on.
Maybe one day our local and federal agencies will get it.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. Always room for more vapers around here. I am a bit curious exactly what a "line cook" might be, and how this differs from a regular old cook. I have never worked in the restaurant business, but when I was younger I was on the team who did the cooking for pretty much all the events in the (smallish) town where I was raised. We did the stew for the annual Irish Association bash and the gumbo for the Cajuns and grilled the steaks for the Ducks Unlimited dinner and the barbecue for the 100 Club for the cops and firemen and so forth. Cooking for a large number of people is a challenge without question, I think, however, it's easier if everybody gets the same food. Short orders and individual preps would be harder to do, I'm thinking.

Speigel42

Aug 10, 2017
Chino, CA
Hi and welcome. Always room for more vapers around here. I am a bit curious exactly what a "line cook" might be, and how this differs from a regular old cook. I have never worked in the restaurant business, but when I was younger I was on the team who did the cooking for pretty much all the events in the (smallish) town where I was raised. We did the stew for the annual Irish Association bash and the gumbo for the Cajuns and grilled the steaks for the Ducks Unlimited dinner and the barbecue for the 100 Club for the cops and firemen and so forth. Cooking for a large number of people is a challenge without question, I think, however, it's easier if everybody gets the same food. Short orders and individual preps would be harder to do, I'm thinking.

Hello, and thank you for the welcome..well, a "line" cook's job is to man one of the stations in a kitchen. There's not a lot of difference I guess from a "regular old cook" haha, but cooking professionally and listing this in a resume means you will be able to jump on pretty much any station in a modern kitchen and work cleanly, timely, and professionally. The biggest difference in large batch cooking and a la carte service would just be timing. With the right prep work though, it is not much different(have worked in schools, catering halls, and restaurants) without proper prep work all hope it lost!

Speigel42

Aug 10, 2017
Chino, CA
might want to go look around ecf there are alot of good people on here and many different forums that might interest you

Thank you, finally have a day off so I'm planning on spending some hours down the rabbit hole..or maybe the "dead rabbit" hole ;) haha
I would love some help wrapping wire..I haven't been wrapping claptons long and am still finding my technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread