New Member needs advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAH57

Aug 18, 2022
Hello and glad I found this forum. Okay, I am an antique. I am on my last KR808d-1 and I can't find any available. I started about 6 years ago with Smokeless Image and at least it got me off cigarettes. I used to like their NicQuid Soho but I found Halo Tribeca to be very close.
Here's my problem. As some of you may know the KR808d-1 is a very basic "sissy" ecig but I love it. I realize I won't be able to find it unless I go the China route which I really am not looking forward to. KKEMC sells them but they want me to pay with Western Union and then send them the order number. Sounds a bit off to me.
If I were to change to a new ecig - what is the simplest one that is about the size of a cigarette? I believe the KR808d-1 is 220 mah.
I also have a question about the numerous online places that sell ecigs in the states, I thought they couldn't send through the mail anymore. Could I be mistaken? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I smoked for over 40 years and I just can't go back, it has already done enough damage to my lungs.
Thanks all

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    KKEMC sells them but they want me to pay with Western Union and then send them the order number.

Yes I went down this rabbit hole about 4 years ago. First of all, KKEMC is not really the type of Chinese site you wanna be buying from. It's a Chinese wholesaler marketplace site and those sites have more scammers than legit companies. Then you have to buy in bulk as the sellers there cater to wholesale buyers, not retail buyers.

There's a US company TheMagicMist.com that sells a few different cigalike batteries and accessories that fit different cigalike brands. I'm pretty sure any cigalike battery and carto in the Vertigo line will be 808D and will be compatible with Smokeless Image cigalikes. However you need to contact them first to verify it's the Vertigo line of products you want before you make a purchase.

Realize that their batteries are unsealed, meaning the positive pin has a vent hole in the middle of the positive pin unlike SI that has it's vent underneath the positive pin. I like unsealed batter as they hit better (more responsive), but you have to clean the carto a few times a day to make sure you don't get liquid down that hole, which IMHO is a small price to pay for a more responsive hit. Sealed batteries aren't truly sealed anyhow and can still be infiltrated by eliquid from the carto.

PAH57

Aug 18, 2022
    Wow - The Magic Mist was a fabulous find. Just got off the phone with Amit - very patient and helpful. He said the Vertigo and another one should work so I ordered one of each. He thought the charger I have would work but he threw in another one for free. Such a great find and I can't thank you enough. Wish me luck

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Wow - The Magic Mist was a fabulous find. Just got off the phone with Amit - very patient and helpful. He said the Vertigo and another one should work so I ordered one of each. He thought the charger I have would work but he threw in another one for free. Such a great find and I can't thank you enough. Wish me luck

I would like to know which one of the ones doesn't end up working if you don't mind. I assume the other one is going to be the Geneva line since it has male threads. The Vertigo is KR808D1 and Geneva KR808D2 as far as I can tell. Both may work. The threads are a little different from D1 to D2 so not really sure. They use the same image for both so you can't really tell using their pics.

PAH57

Aug 18, 2022
    I would like to know which one of the ones doesn't end up working if you don't mind. I assume the other one is going to be the Geneva line since it has male threads. The Vertigo is KR808D1 and Geneva KR808D2 as far as I can tell. Both may work. The threads are a little different from D1 to D2 so not really sure. They use the same image for both so you can't really tell using their pics.
    I don't remember what the second one was but I certainly will come back to this post and let you know what works. I really appreciate all the help you have given to me.
    Best,
    Pat

PAH57

Aug 18, 2022

2nd one is : Vapor 4 Life Titan Manual Battery - White

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    You might want to jump over to tastypuff.com. I haven't been to the site in a while, and even the last time I went there just to see it, the site had a whole new look and new and different products were available. All the old stuff (basically the eGo batts and clearomizers) that I was interested to see was still available though. The eGo/CE4 setup they got there is what got me switched over, 8 years ago.

• Agree
    Reactions: Bliss Doubt

PAH57

Aug 18, 2022
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread. I couldn't find it and then realized I could search my member name. Duh

Anyway, I am really liking the V4L battery. I did not care for the Vertigo but possibly I got a bad one. Didn't do anything for me.

Now I am stuck looking for empty clearomizers that fit the V4L. I emailed MagicMist because I can't find them on their site and they never got back to me. I am going over to Tastypuff to look and see if they have them.

If anyone knows where to get them please give me a shout out.

Very helpful community here.....thank you
    Pat

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You're just going back in time but the fact is, if you find sources for 808 supplies, it's only a matter of time that you'll just be back at square one because 808 died a long time ago. Cigalikes, regardless of thread type, are dead.

Your best bet is to find pod system that suits you. None of them will be the shape of a cigarette and none of them will vape the same as a cigalike. But if you don't want to go back to smoking, you will just have to accept this and find a pod system that suits you best. This means you might just have to spend a bit of money before you find one that suits you. That's just the way it is. Maybe start with a Vaporesso XROS 2 pod system. Keep an open mind and keep telling yourself that if you do not try to accept what the market has today you will go back to cigarettes...and you o not want that.

This 808 rabbit hole ends nowhere.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Mig Vapor makes a T4 tank, 808 threaded, called Clear Fusion tanks (the Max is just taller, I believer. They do not sell on their own site anymore and only sell through VaporFi. I have no idea if they ship to NY.

But keep in mind that if the V4L batteries you have are a 5v constant output, that might change how these tanks taste and how long they last.

I have some T4 tanks and a bunch of Smokeless Image stuff I might be willing to part with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread