New Member, new to ecigs/vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPBALLER

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
SAN FRANCISCO
Hello, new member to the ECF forums as well as vaping in general.

Figured a quick introduction of self would be a good way to begin getting some posts in.

I am 28 years old, live in San Francisco, California (USA), and have been smoking cigarettes since I was 16. I am now ten days removed from real cigarettes and am quickly getting excited about their electronic counterparts.

I spent about 5 or 6 good solid hours poking around the website last night familiarizing myself with terminology and technology and am completely blown away with this industry. It reminds me of lego's, but for adults. I don't know about yourselves, but I looooved lego's growing up :). Very excited to upgrade my mod and start tinkering with different setups.

I look forward to becoming a part of the ECF community and hopefully positively contributing as I venture into this ecig territory and accumulate more information, knowledge, and experience.

Cheers

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Welcome. Congrats on staying off the cigs for 10 days too. I think you're right - there's a lot of enjoyment in the "lego" aspect. I was a 45-50 a day smoker and stopped over 2 years ago thanks to vaping. I think pretty much everything gets covered here and if it isn't some-one finds out and posts.

I've never been to San Francisco but heard lots of songs about it.
band.gif

Welcome SP to the ECF family. I too am a noob to this. Have been cigarette free for 15 days now. I started smoking at 17 and am to 28 yrs old. It was actually rather easy to give up once I switched. This site is very addicting just like vaping is. I seem to be vaping a lot more than I actually smoked but I hope in due time it will slow down some. But again. Welcome and congrats on not smoking anymore.

Kudos on quitting! Vaping is a wonderful hobby, but you sure can wear out a debit card if you're not careful. :unsure: At the same time, if it keeps someone off cancer sticks it's a good thing. Enjoy your new hobby and your healthier lifestyle!

Oh, BTW, I really love San Francisco. Visited there 3 times and think it's the most beautiful city I've ever seen. San Remo Hotel in North Beach, Sts. Peter and Paul, and the food...love it. I also have a special connection to the sea lions. :p

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
I've had a VTR for months collecting dust. There is a lot more to this hobby than just buying anything and quitting. I ordered some quality e-juice and a better tank and it made a huge difference going on 3 days without cigs. Enjoying vaping more than smoke.

Same here bought a VTR with generic cheap e-juice and she sat for half a year. Finally discovered vaporite.com and have been vaping ever since. The 4th day was the hardest. I've also spent a fortune finding the perfect tank/coil/flavor,etc. But it pays for itself.

itskohler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL
Keep your eye on the Terrible 3s as I have heard them.
3rd day, urge to smoke is very strong and often one of the toughest days.
3rd week, nothing seems to work right and you want new or better stuff
3rd month, you start to get bored.

After that you should be at the hobbyist level and its al fun and games.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Hello, new member to the ECF forums as well as vaping in general.

Figured a quick introduction of self would be a good way to begin getting some posts in.

I am 28 years old, live in San Francisco, California (USA), and have been smoking cigarettes since I was 16. I am now ten days removed from real cigarettes and am quickly getting excited about their electronic counterparts.

I spent about 5 or 6 good solid hours poking around the website last night familiarizing myself with terminology and technology and am completely blown away with this industry. It reminds me of lego's, but for adults. I don't know about yourselves, but I looooved lego's growing up :). Very excited to upgrade my mod and start tinkering with different setups.

I look forward to becoming a part of the ECF community and hopefully positively contributing as I venture into this ecig territory and accumulate more information, knowledge, and experience.

Cheers

Loved Legos. Looking forward to my second childhood. :)

Welcome aboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread