Status
Not open for further replies.

TakenALeft67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Va
Hi,

Just joined ECF and its first forum i've ever used! I'm new to the forum, but i've been "vaping" for a few weeks now! (so much better then cigarettes)

Since i've started using e-cigs i've been looking around at some of the mods available and the GGTS has really caught my eye. I haven't heard any regrets from people who bought it, so i'm hoping the hefty price tag is worth it. Problem is the product doesn't seem to be available anywhere online and I see that it is a product released in very limited quantities. I was wondering if anyone had any idea about when the GGTS would be available again? and if there was anyway of pre-ordering one?

Thanks!!

TopCookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Greetings TakenALeft67...

I'm a newbie on the forum myself...

I will say this about the GGTS... I got one after converting to e-cigs a few months previously, after seeing several reviews and noticing it has a sensational reputation. However, I wasn't impressed with it and ended up returning it very quickly. I don't wanna go into details as to why I wasn't that keen and risk getting on the wrong side of the GGTS fan club, lol, but can tell you that I swiftly bought a Provari with the refund, and that has been flawless for the last six months... In fact, the longer I've owned it, the more I'm convinced it was the right decision... :)

TopCookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
I must admit that if there was a checkbox list, the GGTS would have more ticks in the pros than the cons... and I'm sure you don't need me (or anybody else, for that matter) to describe the many pros that it does have... But there are cons, and a fair few of them... If I was to say it is a true enthusiasts PV and is almost certainly better suited to folks who already have a collection of nice mods, I guess that would be about the size of it... I could never recommend the GGTS as a main PV or only mod to any friends of mine... in fact, it would be way down the list and behind many other fine mods to be honest. But don't be too quick to believe the almost "walks on water" reputation of this most holy of mods, because it is a long way from perfect...

TakenALeft67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Va
Thanks for the input. Honestly I'm glad they don't have any available right now because $230 is a lot to drop on something I can't try out and have never seen in person before. I definitely want to do some more research into mods, I've heard a lot of good things about the Provari and other mods, but I didn't look much into it them because the "god-like" rep and following behind the GGTS.

Again thanks for the input. I'd appreciate if you went into some more pros and cons for the GGTS and te Provari though!

TopCookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Well, being new on the forum myself, I don't wanna give the wrong impression by slating the GGTS too heavily, and it is gorgeous looking etc... But I found it far less flexible than it is claimed to be... With a bunch of 18650 batteries that simply won't fit in the GGTS because it is a fraction too narrow... Not a problem if you plan to stick with the more slender batteries such as AW IMR 18650s (no protection strip down the side)... The more recent airflow control ring is ludicrously heavy and pretty much unnecessary really - ie: how many other mods have to have an airflow control ring? The bottom section is unwieldy, and the threads are smooth, but feel loose with a long 18650 battery in place, in that there is a little too much wobble... The activation switch is unreliable at the best of times, or perhaps "inconsistent" would be a better word here.. Just too many daft niggles really, the sort of thing that certain people will see as "character", I suppose...

I ended up with a Megalodon shortly after ditching the GGTS, and that takes almost every battery you can throw at it, it is more compact, less heavy and basically does everything I wanted the GGTS to do, but it does it better and it costs less...!!!

The Provari on the other hand is just superior, plain and simple... You will have seen how many people have bought LavaTubes, and most think they are getting a Provari on the cheap. They are not. Still a great device once you accept the inevitable limitations due to the incredibly low price though. The Provari does not have the failings of the LavaTube, and has amazing engineering & construction. It is reliable & consistent, and I can promise you this: it looks so much nicer in the flesh than any photos or video reviews manage to show... A keeper, plain and simple... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread