Status
Not open for further replies.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I had the same problem with my Evods when I first got them... then it stopped and they became my favorite device. They might just need a little breaking in time. I've also noticed that they gurgle more when they're below 1/2 on juice so I try to keep them full when possible. They also hate to be moved around or standing on their side, try to keep them standing up straight (mouth piece to the ceiling).

Prime Time Vapist

Apr 7, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    I had the same problem with my Evods when I first got them... then it stopped and they became my favorite device. They might just need a little breaking in time. I've also noticed that they gurgle more when they're below 1/2 on juice so I try to keep them full when possible. They also hate to be moved around or standing on their side, try to keep them standing up straight (mouth piece to the ceiling).

That's some good advice too, thanks. I'll be playing with them today on my day off and see how it goes.

Prime Time Vapist

Apr 7, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    I tried out all three heads I have with the two different bases and Evod tanks I have and they just kept on leaking. They start out fine then after a dozen or so vapes start gurgling then I get juice in my mouth.
    All the heads are 1.8ohm and to get good smoke I was cranking them up to 3.6-3.8v on my ego-c twist. Maybe the heat is too much?
    The good news is after a full day of vaping my Protank is still going strong, no leaks or gurgling. This thing works like a dream. It really was the heat that was just making my juice too thin and causing leaks.
    I ordered a bigger Vivi Nova 3.5ml tank and wooden drip tip the other day but now I don't think I need it for my eVic.
    I might just run one kind of juice in my Protank then another in my Nova. Its hard to beat the flavor of a Nova anyways, I love how my Mini tastes on my ego-c twist.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    There are two things you need to know about those BCC tanks. 1) If you don't fully screw the body of the T3 or ProTank onto the knurled part, you'll get leaks--that connection has to be tight. 2) On the other hand, screwing the knurled part onto the battery shouldn't be too tight, just enough to make contact. If you overtighten, you may raise the center post and your juice will leak. You also have to make sure the thread seal stays above the threading and the other seals are in place but it's just 'eyeing' them mostly.

I own and use all of them--T2, T3, baby T3 and an eVod, with different resistance coils. Never had a leak. Just check the seals and connections carefylly. Especailly with the eVod--that small coil unit needs to screwed into the base tightly--it tends to get loose. Tighten it the first time you use your eVod and every time you clean or refill.

Last edited:

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
    Ok, so I have a suggestion:

I have seen that some of the Protanks are being shipped missing the loose wicking that sits on top of the coil wrapped wick. So the solution is to remove the metal stem from the coil assembly and add some wicking, return the stem, put it back in the tank and try it.

I took a piece of wicking out of mine per the Phil Busardo review video. Still working like a champ and not a single leak. On my 4th tank of juice (Boba's Bounty ... which may explain the no leaking since it's thick to start with).

Got two more ordered and gonna hit up the next co-op I can catch for a few more. Loving the ProTank.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread