*NEW* MK1 510 Screwdriver - The one

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhowardpeters

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Thanks Prof that is what I thought, but I needed the facts from the folks that have both.

What is the best 16340 batt to use in them, because the 1000 mAh stock batt is way overrated as far as performance (longevity) is concerned?

I've been wondering if they're not lasting as long as I thought they would. I'll have to do some timing.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
yea I have yet to find a 16340 that will last all day at work. I have to carry an extra. The AW 750mah ones are OK. Better then any others I have used.
Thanks! I have read that as well, but feel reluctant to take the plunge without further info. The down side I got 4 identical batts coming (stock), from a different source.

How long does the AW last. What other devices/batteries do you use for comparative purposes?

I get easily get 5-6 hrs on my eGo which is rated @ 650 mAh, and I believe that one to be a "true" rating. This has also been the experience of the avg vaper who were heavy smokers.

Last edited:

nicadd

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2010
Germany
I've got 6 of the blue unprotected "stock" batteries and 6 protected TrustFires, and get anywhere from 5 - 10 hours from a single battery. The quality is totally inconsistent, i.e., I have "good" and "bad" ones of each type, although I rotate. One TrustFire died after just a week. I've got 4 unprotected SpiderFires in reserve, and I bet they're just as inconsistent.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
I've been using the Spiderfires for over a year - I agree they are over-rated in terms of mah - I'd say probably around 700-750 mah in my experience. However they DO last a very long time - I use them in fours (rotating) and got around 7 months out of the first four - at $6 including shipping, a cheap solution. I reckon I get 6+ hours steady vaping out of a new spiderfire between chargers (but always carry a spare). I use the slow Nano charger which I suspect extends life.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I'm using the Nano and the Trustfire chargers; the latter charges faster and has the advantage of taking two at once, but the batteries just don't hold the charge as long.
I will have to do some experimenting with that. I do not like to leave batteries unattended in a charger, protected or otherwise.

boxhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Chico, california
pretty Metal SD buttons and big pretty Metal buttons..

fin-1.jpg

big-b.jpg

oooooo this would be nice, eh?

Eye Candy!!

you got the metal button one? do they lock? i spent a long time at home depot looking for the fit/style/mod ability to add some flair <grin> i have silver sculls from my tatoo machines, have to make the threads bigger, and change the spring because the sculls are heavy...

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Yes, I got the metal button one...the exact same one that is in the picture! :D I'm loving it and the price was right(;)). It is not lockable, though. I wonder if you went to - The ScrewDriver - An electronic cigarette that simply works forums and asked if you could purchase just the button, if you could purchase one? This is a good question...I may just explore this, myself. To me, this metal button just adds to an already durable device and it feels as though I have a special device. Oh yeah, and it just friggin works! :w00t:

I gotta get some pics ... just been real busy and haven't forgot...I will eventually take 'em!...promise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread