Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Hello all, I just ordered a new mod (usmodz stinger bf dna75c) and I'm looking for some opinions on some nice 22mm single coil BF compatible RDAs. I already have a wasp and a pulse 22, so I am looking for something other than those two but that can preform at least as well as them. I was leaning towards the Gas mods GR1, but I'm posting this in the off chance I have overlooked something awesome.

Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Are you a cloud chaser or a flavor chaser? Wide open air, restricted dtl, mtl? Single coil, dual coil or both? Give us a head start and we'll literally bury you with the best recommendations on the innerwebz.

Not knowing the answers to any of those questions, I'll suggest the NarDA or the NarCA . Simply because they're the best bf attys . If they don't fit your vaping style then you're doing it wrong.....:lol::blink:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Don't forget the Nudge 22. Seems to get overlooked a lot.

If you don't mind an aluminum top cap, it's a GREAT little single coil squonker if you're looking for something similar to the Wasp, Pulse, etc.

The build deck is very much like the Serpent SMM, air intakes very similar to the Wasp Nano. Very simple to build, and has great flavor. It's a tiny little RDA that looks great (size) on single battery squonkers. Personally I prefer the looks of small, single coil RDAs on small squonk setups. I like my Wasp Nanos, but this is a nice step up from them and has a lot smoother airflow than the Wasp.

I just ordered a blue and green to go with a pair of Asmodus Luna squonkers. I'm not usually one that has to coordinate atty/mod colors, but I think these are going to look fantastic on my Lunas.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Are you a cloud chaser or a flavor chaser? Wide open air, restricted dtl, mtl? Single coil, dual coil or both? Give us a head start and we'll literally bury you with the best recommendations on the innerwebz.

Not knowing the answers to any of those questions, I'll suggest the NarDA or the NarCA . Simply because they're the best bf attys . If they don't fit your vaping style then you're doing it wrong.....:lol::blink:

Just as my opening post says, I'm looking for a single coil 22mm RDA similar in performance to the wasp nano and the pulse 22.

DTL, flavor means more than vapor production, and if it doesn't come in black then its not an option.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Don't forget the Nudge 22. Seems to get overlooked a lot.

If you don't mind an aluminum top cap, it's a GREAT little single coil squonker if you're looking for something similar to the Wasp, Pulse, etc.

The build deck is very much like the Serpent SMM, air intakes very similar to the Wasp Nano. Very simple to build, and has great flavor. It's a tiny little RDA that looks great (size) on single battery squonkers. Personally I prefer the looks of small, single coil RDAs on small squonk setups. I like my Wasp Nanos, but this is a nice step up from them and has a lot smoother airflow than the Wasp.

I just ordered a blue and green to go with a pair of Asmodus Luna squonkers. I'm not usually one that has to coordinate atty/mod colors, but I think these are going to look fantastic on my Lunas.

The nudge 22 is one I had in mind as well but keep forgetting to check it out when i go searching. Thanks for the quick rundown of it. That is definitely a contender.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
No problems. I like the Pulse 22 and the Wasp, but also overlooked the Nudge 22 for a while. Was glad I gave it a try. I'll have four of them when the green and blue I ordered come. I keep one ready to go and it's in my daily rotation with the Pulse 22 and Wasp.

Not sure why it hasn't gotten more attention. Perhaps because of the aluminum top cap. I think it's great, cools down very quickly. Only thing that bugs me about the aluminum top cap is the SS colored one looks like aluminum. Go figure. :D I usually prefer SS attys, but with the Nudge, the black, gunmetal and colored ones look better IMO.

Good luck with your search. Hope you find your happy vape.

• Agree

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
No problems. I like the Pulse 22 and the Wasp, but also overlooked the Nudge 22 for a while. Was glad I gave it a try. I'll have four of them when the green and blue I ordered come. I keep one ready to go and it's in my daily rotation with the Pulse 22 and Wasp.

Not sure why it hasn't gotten more attention. Perhaps because of the aluminum top cap. I think it's great, cools down very quickly. Only thing that bugs me about the aluminum top cap is the SS colored one looks like aluminum. Go figure. :D I usually prefer SS attys, but with the Nudge, the black, gunmetal and colored ones look better IMO.

Good luck with your search. Hope you find your happy vape.

I have only heard good things about it (minus the aluminum looking silver top cap). I'm pretty sure my local B&M has a couple that I can get handsy with later today.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The Psyclone Mods Hadaly is a 22mm single coil BF RDA that is noteworthy for it's ability to deliver max flavor. Their AFC's can do from MTL up to restricted DLH's. A flaw in them by design is their AFC's can be easy leakers if over squonked or even when tilted to vape if there is standing joose in them. I have 2 authentic Hadaly's, bur seldom use them now days as a dedicated DLH vaper. I ran RxW in them and got stellar flavor. They have also been cloned if you are inclined to support that market.

hadpico2.jpg

reohad6s.jpg

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The Psyclone Mods Hadaly is a 22mm single coil BF RDA that is noteworthy for it's ability to deliver max flavor. Their AFC's can do from MTL up to restricted DLH's. A flaw in them by design is their AFC's can be easy leakers if over squonked or even when tilted to vape if there is standing joose in them. I have 2 authentic Hadaly's, bur seldom use them now days as a dedicated DLH vaper. I ran RxW in them and got stellar flavor. They have also been cloned if you are inclined to support that market.

View attachment 727125
View attachment 727127

I am not saying this is true as I have not used either of these but a guy I know told me to go for the entheon and stay away from the hadaly. He was saying it was basically like a v2 of the hadaly and he made it sound far superior. Is there any truth behind his statement?

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I am not saying this is true as I have not used either of these but a guy I know told me to go for the entheon and stay away from the hadaly. He was saying it was basically like a v2 of the hadaly and he made it sound far superior. Is there any truth behind his statement?

IMO the only thing wrong with the Hadaly is the AFC/shallow deck well design if you want a single coil 22mm. Get past those issues and it's a stellar atty. Any atty with similar fluid dynamics that corrects those issues would be an improvement.

Since I don't have an Entheon I can't speak with any authority about it in use. I knew about them coming out well ahead of time, but but was not at all interested in them. Mainly because single coil atty's are not my thing.

The Psyclone Mods BF ready RDA that did, still does and always will appeal to me in every way is my 6 authentic 24mm Kryten's. They all have big dual super sub ohm coils in them for exceptional everything from the DIY's that were mixed specifically for them. I ran them on Reo P67's before I retired all of my Reos. Now some of them see intermittent duty on TC mods.

• Informative

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The B2k is also another good choice... about the same airflow as a wasp ...full kit comes with a bunch of extras....easy to build ....not gonna break the bank price wise......the V4 should be available soon (it sold out quickly but more are shipping)

Thank you for the advise, I never heard of them before so its likely I never would have seen it. It does come with a ridiculous amount of goodies and it looks like something I would like.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The block is super strong I can't see how It could break haven't even had any dust

Like the barrel look over the same plain Jane most rdas have these days not a fan of how blocky the hadaly or entheon have

But vape quality over aesthetics imo

I know ceramic is a strong material and will likely hold up for a long time, that block is just a bit small making it harder for me to put in my longer coils I tend to use in my single coil RDAs. I know they will fit, it is just a little harder to get my leads in place. I measured it out at my local B&M last time I was there.

I am not knocking the RDA, I hear lots of positive about it, it just simply does not fit what I am looking for. A 22mm RDA with a tight condensed chamber, and low profile is what I am after. And funny enough, the blocky style is something I seem to really like the looks of.

I am getting ready to place an order for an Entheon and the GR1 in the morning. I just figured why not both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread