The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

NEW MOD! MKB-TS APV has arrived at SVC!

Discussion in 'Stormy's Vapor Cellar' started by CloudBurst, Mar 7, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dwcraig1

dwcraig1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

The battery spring looks to be an area for high resistance, appears to be hc steel,with an 18650 I think the battery spring could simply be left out.

2. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    It can. But with my Vamo extention 18650 "kicked" Chimera setup it needs the spring to make contact lol.

But I guess with the Kick's power regulation the contacts are not as important? "shrug"

3. dwcraig1

My vamo is ss v2, I tried the vamo tube and the threading was different than the ts

4. Slartibartfast

Feb 14, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Really? Wow I have no idea dude. The threading on mine is nice and smooth with the telescoping tube going into the top of the Vamo piece and the vamo piece threading into the MK top tube wher the Vamo cap would normally go (Vamo piece is upsidown). I do have my threads lubed up with vas but even without I don't think it would cross thread.

5. dwcraig1

They're almost the same on mine but not quite right, one ends too loose and the other end is too tight. With an 18650 my battery spring is screwed all the way in and compressed all the way.I tried with the battery spring out and noticed no difference so I put it back in.
    With one 18350 I have to unscrew the spring way out to make contact.

6. Slartibartfast

Feb 14, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    The springs from the gg don't match...bummer

7. Slartibartfast

Feb 14, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Another option for people using Terminators with the MKB-TS is to just use a 510-to-ego adapter and leave the top cap off the MKB-TS. The top of the 510-to-ego is level with the top of the collector tank rim and the Term screws down flush on the rim. Gives it a nice solid look.

1.jpg 2.jpg

8. dwcraig1

Now why didn't I think of that, it's real nice that way,thanks for the tip

9. dwcraig1

I got my genuine GG-TS collector tank for my MKB-TS today so when my Ithaka arrives next week it will be able to attach using the GGTS connection instead of the 510. Upon looking at it I see no difference in the threading that the atomizer will screw into(or any other), in fact the MKB-TS' gold cap screws right into the GG part.

10. dwcraig1

The answer to this is yes it fits. Here is my GG-TS colletor tank with the top cap from my MKB-TS screwed into it. The MKB-TS control ring also fits it perfectly.
    GG-TS collector tank MKB-TS top cap.jpg

11. dwcraig1

I should note that I've had no problem with the battery spring, it seems to conduct just fine.

12. dwcraig1

I received my Ithaka today and even though the MKB-TS top cap screwed perfectly into the GG TS collector tank the Ithaka GGTS base will NOT screw into the MKB-TS collector tank. Almost but there seems to be ever the slightest difference in the pitch of the threads to keep it from screwing in all the way.

13. dwcraig1

I polished the MKB-TS with a bench polisher
    [​IMG]

14. dwcraig1

15. CloudBurst

CloudBurst Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
  16. zell666hell

zell666hell Full Member Verified Member

17. dwcraig1

I scrapped the top starter threads inside(in the valley) the MKB-TS' top with a precision flat tipped screw driver and my Ithaka with GGTS base screws right in now.
    IT FITS after all
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Vdust

Vdust Full Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Savannah
    I just relieved the MKB-TS today and my buddy has the Ithaka and it works perfectly. Straight out of the box from MOVs. Love this mod and pan to use the Terminator-C on it.

19. mrcrunch08

mrcrunch08 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2013
    mount airy, NC
    I got mine yesterday from svc along with the adapter and love this thing. Didn't expect something that is such a clone to feel or vape so well. I'm waiting for the standard top cap to be stateside. I think that will make it disturbingly like the EA mod.

20. dwcraig1

EDIT: I think if I would have been a little more forceful it would have screwed in just fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.