New mod options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiptowncat

Sep 24, 2017
Manchester UK
It looks like my wismec reulaux dna 200 has a problem. It is reading ohms wrong and causing dry hits in TC mode. If I swap my tank to another mod in TC it vapes perfectly fine.

I used it for work and had the limited edition brass edition due to its sturdiness, I must have dropped it hundreds of times.

Any ideas for a sturdy mod for me to buy, must be at least 2 battery and built like a tank?

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's only a single battery mod, but the Geekvape Aegis is nearly built like a tank. Shock proof, dust proof, and water proof. It was designed specifically for the "outdoors" vaper. Many construction workers use this mod. If I were you I'd carry a spare charged battery with me in a plastic battery case.

geekvape-aegis-kit-aegis-100w-mod-with-new.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Another mod to consider might be the Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus. It's a dual battery mod. I have this as a backup to my all day user and its appears to be a very sturdy mod that could withstand some moderate occassional abuse. I've never dropped mine to know for sure.

Last edited:

skiptowncat

Sep 24, 2017
Manchester UK
It's only a single battery mod, but the Geekvape Aegis is nearly built like a tank. Shock proof, dust proof, and water proof. It was designed specifically for the "outdoors" vaper. Many construction workers use this mod. If I were you I'd carry a spare charged battery with me in a plastic battery case.

geekvape-aegis-kit-aegis-100w-mod-with-new.jpg

Does that do TC well?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Does that do TC well?
I've never used one, but from the reviews I've seen, yes. The manufacturer says their chip "uses one of the most advanced chips featuring the real rated power and instantaneous firing (0.015 seconds)." Watch some You Tube reviews for yourself.

• Agree

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
For 2 battery TC I have Smoant Battlestar (not sure if you can still find that one), Smoant Cylon and just won Innokin Proton. But all I can say is they work, I haven't dropped them to death yet to know if they're actually sturdy, only make predictions.
I think only the Battlestar has been dropped and that's been light falls on carpet.
I'm curious about the Proton, it doesn't feel sturdy like a SS case but it's a lot lighter so may not crash as bad. I guess I have some case wear and it looks like it is some kind of metal for at least parts of it.
Cylon feels sturdy but has the weight problem that goes along with that.

Battlestar is a magnet cover similar to Wismec so that might go flying in a hard fall but the case seems sturdy.
Cylon and Proton may have a battery door failure with a bad fall at the wrong angle .

My Joytech Cuboid took a lot of hard drops over the years before it stopped reading right enough (it never did agree with other mods which is why I didn't replace it with the same).

Single battery, my Joytech VTC mini assortment has had a few falls (but nothing like my Cuboid went through) and all 3 live.
Bad thing if they've been time tested they're probably not a new model.

My RX200 never gets carried to be dropped.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Smoant makes a quality mod. The Battlestar is probably the sturdiest and able to withstand the most abuse. The Cylon is a great mod but might not be as sturdy as the Battlestar, but that’s just a guess. Both mods are great and perform great in power or tc. The aegis is the only mod I know to be mil-spec but is a single battery. There is also a legend that just came out that is two battery but I don’t think it is mil-spec like the aegis. I’d say go with the Cylon, it’s an amazing performer and can be bought for $40-$50 range so if it breaks just get a new one. I’ve dropped mine quite a few times without issue but I think it’s luck of the draw because if you hit the battery door just right I think it’ll break. Good luck in whatever you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread