New mod required for my Serpent RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Everyone completely trashes some batteries because re-wrappers over state the batteries capabilities.
It doesn't mean the battery doesn't mean the battery doesn't perform quite well, when used within its real capabilities.
I still use many EFest batteries, but I use them within the capabilities I KNOW they have not what is purported.
I'm stroking the fire here ;), but how do you really KNOW the capabilities of a rewrap? Because the ones that Mooch tested months ago? Mooch ALWAYS says the rewrappers can change out the cell at any given time with a poorer performing battery. Often, even the rewrapper doesn't know the battery is of poorer quality.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
As much as I poke fun at Smok’s naming procedures, I don’t think they produce a bad product. If we dig deep enough you will find flawed products with any company so Smok is not alone. But just like every industry, we need a poster child to point our finger at. Smok, due to some unfortunate circumstances, has become that poster child. They do produce some gimmicky products, but to me that’s a company testing the waters. That takes balls and $$$. But they also have great products that can go toe to toe with the best. Would love to get my hands on a Majesty Resin. But these fly off the shelves faster than they can be stocked….at least in my neck of the woods.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I'm stroking the fire here ;), but how do you really KNOW the capabilities of a rewrap? Because the ones that Mooch tested months ago? Mooch ALWAYS says the rewrappers can change out the cell at any given time with a poorer performing battery. Often, even the rewrapper doesn't know the battery is of poorer quality.

That's where reasonable safety margins come into play and common sense.
How do we really know that an HG2 made yesterday is the same as one made when Mooch tested it?
At one time the VTC5 hadn't been manufactured in years, but people were buying them like crazy with no idea how long it had been sitting on the shelf, or if they were the same as the ones tested.

You're actually helping prove my point to a degree..........:D

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I didn't hear the rumor about the 25R, but I do remember the rumors that Sony stopped making the VTC batteries. Yet they continued to be available and were by most accounts "genuine" Sony that performed as expected.

Final word on Sony's production plans for the US18650 VTC4 and the US18650 VTC5 (April 9, 2015)

Sony VTC Batteries are Back!

Sony 18650 Cells | IMRbatteries.com

Sony 18650 Battery (Who Makes them???) Not Sony. | E-Cigarette Forum

Sony No Longer Making Vtc4 And Vtc5 Batteries? - VapeTopics.com

Sony no longer making VTC4 and VTC5 batteries? | E-Cigarette Forum

I just have a difficult time rationalizing why someone would support a company who repeatedly, consistantly, and intentionally misrepresents their product with over-rated specifications. In any other country but China that's false advertising. But I support your right to purchase and use whatever battery you choose to use. :)

Last edited:
  • Useful

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I didn't hear the rumor about the 25R, but I do remember the rumors that Sony stopped making the VTC batteries. Yet they continued to be available and were by most accounts "genuine" Sony.

Final word on Sony's production plans for the US18650 VTC4 and the US18650 VTC5 (April 9, 2015)

Sony VTC Batteries are Back!

Sony 18650 Cells | IMRbatteries.com

Sony 18650 Battery (Who Makes them???) Not Sony. | E-Cigarette Forum

Sony No Longer Making Vtc4 And Vtc5 Batteries? - VapeTopics.com

Sony no longer making VTC4 and VTC5 batteries? | E-Cigarette Forum

I just have a difficult time rationalizing why someone would support a company who repeatedly, consistantly, and intentionally misrepresents their product with over-rated specifications. But I support your right to purchase and use whatever battery you choose to use. :)

Because I still use 26650s and some other sizes that are only readily available from them. :p

That was a brain fart, it should have read VTC5. :w00t:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I also do not want to support a re wrapper necessarily because it is in essence a forgery. I mean I know with some of the batteries, it can be hard to find what you need from the big 3 and etc., but when you can find and support a genuine battery maker, you are in essence becoming part of the solution not the problem.

In ADDITION, seriously does it NOT make sense for rewrappers to supply high quality cells initially when they know they are being reviewed, tested and whatnot, then drop quality down the line? It sort of seems like Forgery 101 to me---send out the good stuff first, then slowly drop quality, or like that Thomas Kinkaid dude "The Painter of Light (TM)" and yes he did trademark it. Well, that stuff SELLS to the point that he hade students FORGING him in essence while he wandered around giving pointers and then adding a dot or two of light here and there, then SIGNING it.

While I never bought a Thomas Kinkaid piece as a RULE when I heard that, even less so would it be appropriate to do with batteries that would blow up in my face. Not that I collect art anyway, and not that I have much need for the huger batteries... Yet.

IDK.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread