New Mod (Sigelei Zmax V5) Questions *Newbie*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shishka

Jan 20, 2014
United States
Hey guys,
I recently just purchased my first actual "mod", which is the sigelei Zmax V5. It says it comes with 1 CE4 Clearomizer. Which probably isn't the best quality. What Voltage and Watts should i run this on when i first fire up my V5, to avoid burning out the coil? Can i chose whatever watts and volts i want? Or does it matter?

Thanks.

-Here's a link to my purchase Brand New Sigelei Zmax V5 Telescopic Kit w Variable Voltage Wattage System | eBay

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Welcome to the forum. The short answer is start low, and turn it up until you get a vape that you like.

In this case it doesn't even matter if you use it in voltage or wattage mode - start low, increase until it vapes like a champ. If it starts to taste burnt, give your clearomizer a twirl (you'll see the juice in there soaking into the wicks so you are wetting them with juice by doing this twirl) and try again.

If it still tastes a little burnt, turn it down again. It won't hurt your mod or clearo at all.

Have fun with it - experiment with different modes (voltage/wattage) and different settings for different juices.

Shishka

Jan 20, 2014
United States
Welcome to the forum. The short answer is start low, and turn it up until you get a vape that you like.

In this case it doesn't even matter if you use it in voltage or wattage mode - start low, increase until it vapes like a champ. If it starts to taste burnt, give your clearomizer a twirl (you'll see the juice in there soaking into the wicks so you are wetting them with juice by doing this twirl) and try again.

If it still tastes a little burnt, turn it down again. It won't hurt your mod or clearo at all.

Have fun with it - experiment with different modes (voltage/wattage) and different settings for different juices.

Thanks! Will do! Hopefully this is a huge improvement from those stupid BLU cigs. Spent over $50 on the kit for those and they were WEAK!

Shishka

Jan 20, 2014
United States
I never used the clearo that came with my Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic. You can't go wrong with anywhere in the 6 watt range or 3.5 to 4.0 volts for starters. Just be sure to set the Sigelei to RMS and not Mean in Menu Item #8 and you will be fine.

Thanks for the tip! Any other menu options i should be aware of? Or other tips to maximize my use?

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
The Achilles heel of all Sigelei Zmax Telescopics is the telescopic tube itself. It's plenty strong and well machined but it's not that hard to over-tighten the battery tube on the larger batteries and this could damage the internals. Don't tighten that spring down flat. Tighten the battery spring no more than about 1/2 way on all battery sizes larger than 18350. Using Noalox on the tube threads will prevent pesky misfires down the road.

Telescopic battery tube adjustment

Last edited:

BostonJim

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Las Vegas
I have it, the V5. Its variable so you can adjust the power level. I like it in the 18350 short mode but battery life is relatively short. I tossed the cellphone charger, never used it. The V5 is a pretty decent unit.

Use the RMS mode, search the internet if you have to to get a user manual. And say good bye to the cig-a-likes.

When you install the battery or the tank you are going to use...NEVER CRANK DOWN TIGHT. Just tight enough to use, there are parts in there you can damage with over tightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread