Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Im going to be getting myself a new mod soon. I really like the way the voopoo drag has performed and the only bad thing i can say about it is the finish started coming off pretty soon after i got it. 4 months in and it looked like id used it for years. Still works like a charm but looks like crap. Im looking at the aegis legend as a possible contender. Ive heard good things about it and not much bad. Im hoping someone here can give me a few cons to consider as well so i can at least make an informed decision. Thanks and happy holidays to all.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The only issue with the Legend is the size. But in return you get a very solid build that's tough to break. But it is way bigger than your Drag. There is a new Drag 2 out. Reviews seem pretty good on it, but no idea how the finish will hold up. Apparently it has been changed, but as it's new there's no track record for how it will hold up over the long term.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Own both the Drag and the Legend and will agree on the integrity of the Drag’s finish – seems it will scratch just from a stern look. The Legend is slightly thicker and longer than the Drag, but the difference is minimal. Same height. And to much of my surprise (I just weighed them both), it is the same weight of the Drag sans battery’s and atomizer. Legend is very comfortable in the hand (more so than the sharp edge Drag) and is a pleasure to use. Given its durability it is an excellent choice. As for cons, it is a large device in comparison to what else is available, but if you are use to the Drag, the Legend is pretty much the same dimensions.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I dont really mind the size and heft of a well built mod. I dont carry them in my pocket anyway. The drag 2 and the drag 2 mini look like a solid improvement though the mini is a single fixed battery device that im not all that crazy about. Decisions decisions, right?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
You maybe interested in DJLsb review on the Drag 2. He mentioned forum factor was greatly improved with the Drag 2 but the finish looks to be the same poor quality. He also brought up a concerning fact in regard to heat from the 510 affecting the battery compartment - but did stress this was from torture testing the device and using it in a non normal fashion. Interpret that how you wish.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
I own the Drag 2, pain in the rear about the paint. Under a month it took bettor finding out it was chipped where my finger rests on it. The Too, well on day two started to shock me. I'm done with the Voopoo line. Although I do like the chip.
My Naboo is my goto mod. Don't know much about the one you're looking at but good luck! :)

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
For a finish that will last... anodized aluminum has a hardness of around 60 on the Rockwell scale so it will hold up much better than paint. Unfortunately most mods are made with painted zinc alloy like the Drag because it is cheaper. In addition to anodized aluminum, you might consider a 3D printed mod made of a fade resistant nylon.

Reactions: ranjen617
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread