New model - Vaporstation

What name do you feel best suits the new model?

• The Ocarina

• The Binary

• The Pylon

• The Zephyr

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Hmm...For the PT, couldn't it have the option of using two USB ports simutaniously to get the required power? Just a thought. Looks real cool!

Hmmm, yeah. Like external DVD drives that use dual USBs to get enough juice. That's a good idea.

Here's another idea, probably a good deal less practical: the Silver Bullet has a similar twin-atomizer arrangement, but I've heard that getting a good lip seal around both isn't easy. How about a 2-into-1 manifold type of adaptor tip?

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hmmm, yeah. Like external DVD drives that use dual USBs to get enough juice. That's a good idea.

Here's another idea, probably a good deal less practical: the Silver Bullet has a similar twin-atomizer arrangement, but I've heard that getting a good lip seal around both isn't easy. How about a 2-into-1 manifold type of adaptor tip?

Yeah, but a lot of people won't have 2x USB ports available. Many of us only have 2 in the first place on our home PCs, and without those, no keyboard and mouse :)

And even on my laptop, which I use most often for passthroughs, only has one USB port at all.

I like the 5v idea, personally, because it can be sold as a 5v 510 battery accessory to folks at a much more affordable price than the other 5v alternatives on the market.

This model has the 2-into-1 cart and atomizer bar. That's what the patent is.

Last edited:

Perfectionist

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2008
London
OK, a small change.

The passthrough will be 5volt. Only one atomizer will be capable of use at a time, but the passthrough unit will have two switch settings instead of the four on the standard battery.
The reason for this change is pretty reasonable, you just can't function 2x 3.7v at the same time with a USB.
Either way, this thing is going to be sweeeeeet!
Dang right it's Sweeeeeet !! You're a Genius !!

I have decided to hold off on the video until I get the actual unit as the sample I've received is of a plastic material and looks.... well.... like a prototype. I'd rather do a video of the end user product in 2 WEEKS!
Cool, so hopefully some time this week ??

Pre orders will be up next week. The color schemes available initially will be Matte Black and Chrome - both with blue LED.
Nice !! What other colours are you planning ??

The new features list:
1a. Battery
--1x Battery unit
--1600 mAh
--4-setting switch (1: unit off, 2: left atomizer, 3: right atomizer, 4: both atomizers)
--3.7v output per atomizer
--manual button activation (no automatic available)
1b. Color scheme
--Chrome or Matte Black
--Blue LED
2a. Atomizer element
--2x standard 510 atomizers
--5x LR 510 cartomizers (1.5~1.7 ohms?)
2b. Color scheme
--Stainless Steel or Matte Black
3. USB Passthrough Binary battery
--5v output
--2-setting switch (1: left atomizer, 2: right atomizer)
4. Charger
--1x USB charger
--1x USB-to-wall charge adapter
5. Warranty
--6-months on Binary battery and Binary passthrough battery
--DOA on cartomizers
--3-months on atomizers
1) Kickass batty !! Is it easy to replace and will you be selling them ??

2) How reliable is the firing button and setting switch ??

3) Is there room to use Adapters for other attys like the 401 ??

4) Does it also function as a PT when being charged through the USB (like a Janty Stick) ??

Price - $75.00
ECF member $10.00 discount when pre-orders open.
Not a bad price at all, especially if it includes shipping !!

Again, pre-orders will be open next week.
Video will be uploaded the minute I receive the end-user sample.
Pre-orders are estimated to ship out on October 15, 2010. This may change for obvious reasons (customs, development delays, etc.), but it is the expected date of arrival.
Will you be sending one to any of the reviewers, particularly Igetch69 ??

Any ideas, suggestions, comments?
Yes, I wish you had created this badboy sooner dude !!

Oh, and can you squeeze in a Variable Voltage function in your next version !?

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Cool, so hopefully some time this week ??

No luck just yet, but it's on the way.

Nice !! What other colours are you planning ??

Oh, probably just about anything you can think of. I'd be more than willing to take requests if the request can get enough backing. It really depends on how well this takes off.

1) Kickass batty !! Is it easy to replace and will you be selling them ??

Oh, we'll definitely be selling spare batteries and whatnot as accessories, but this model will also carry the same 6-month warranty all of our models have.

2) How reliable is the firing button and setting switch ??

They're both very reliable. I'd say the button is more reliable than the standard 510 button. And like any other new product, as the product grows in popularity it will evolve and become better and better.

3) Is there room to use Adapters for other attys like the 401 ??

Unfortunately, no. In the future we might add a system that can utilize adapters, but it'll be a while. We do have plans to create atomizer bars for other atomizer models, ie 302, 401, 901, etc.

4) Does it also function as a PT when being charged through the USB (like a Janty Stick) ??
No, it doesn't, but the PT is included in the starter kit, so it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience.

Not a bad price at all, especially if it includes shipping !!

It doesn't include shipping, the shipping price will be the same as it is with any starter kit order.

Will you be sending one to any of the reviewers, particularly Igetch69 ??

More than likely, yes.

Yes, I wish you had created this badboy sooner dude !!

Me, too. This unit has the vapor production we've all been waiting for. Hands down, the best.

Oh, and can you squeeze in a Variable Voltage function in your next version !?

I've thought about it and, yeah, it will probably happen. Again, it'll be a while, though.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, the model worked beautifully. I mean, this thing was a godsend. I tested it out and it lasted 3 days on a single charge before it finally went. So I plugged it into the charger.

Then...

It wouldn't charge.

The problem has been addressed and the final (fingers crossed) sample will be here early this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread