New new

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAP1

Verified Member
Aug 13, 2014
Oregon, USA
Hello vapers, another new guy here. I'm from Oregon and a 15+ year cancer stick smoker now converted to vaping. Been cig free for 5 days now and have no desire or interest in going back. I've tried to quit many times unsuccessfully over the years and turned into a psychotic monster each time. I quit DAY ONE with vaping though. I'm already lowering my nicotine dose from 18mg e-juice to 12mg e-juice. I'm so proud of myself!!!

I first started with a ego-t and loved it. I started searching the net for more info on ecigs and found out about the massive amounts of vaping equipment available and the 3 local stores in my small tow that carry them.

Got myself several ecigs now :) So far the mods/battery I got:
Itaste SVD
Vision Spinner 2
Aspire CF G-Power

Then the tanks
Evod
Mini Protank 3
Aspire BDC
Kanger Aerotank
iClear X.1
Aspire mini Nautilus (my favorite)

Still on the hunt for a daily vape but I think I'm close now.

Vape on!

Cyatis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Stratford, Wisconsin
Congrats, and welcome to the forum. Best advice I can give you, is don't kill yourself about the nicotine. I smoked 29 years. I'm now working on four years without smoking. The first week it was one day at a time, and I still believe it's the hardest time after making the switch. It's easier to get through those days, relatively happy and as time passes by, it does get easier.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Welcome Cap! Your story is almost the same as mine although I smoked for 40 years. The 18mg vape handles the nicotine addiction just fine for me and the ritual of hitting the button and taking a big slow mouth to lung hit is as satisfying as the smokes ever were. An added plus is I won't have to go outside this winter in -30F to smoke, which we never did in our house.

CAP1

Verified Member
Aug 13, 2014
Oregon, USA
Congrats, and welcome to the forum. Best advice I can give you, is don't kill yourself about the nicotine. I smoked 29 years. I'm now working on four years without smoking. The first week it was one day at a time, and I still believe it's the hardest time after making the switch. It's easier to get through those days, relatively happy and as time passes by, it does get easier.

4 years is awesome congrats! I look forward to the day when I can say the same. I know it will take time so i'm not stressing over the nic levels I find the 12mg and 18mg to be close to the same but the 12mg seems to taste better and with less throat hit/burn, granted I do vape a few more times per day with it.

I smell good stuff on this thread. Great news! E cig are storming the world and the tobacco companies along with the government doesn't want that. LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD!!! WE WANT OUR FREEDOM!!!!!! WE WILL NOT GIVE UP OUR VAPOR THAT IS SAVING LIVES!...

Late night coffee and whatnot...

FREEDOM!!!!

Welcome Cap! Your story is almost the same as mine although I smoked for 40 years. The 18mg vape handles the nicotine addiction just fine for me and the ritual of hitting the button and taking a big slow mouth to lung hit is as satisfying as the smokes ever were. An added plus is I won't have to go outside this winter in -30F to smoke, which we never did in our house.

The oral fixations are as tough to quit as the nicotine is! Vaping handles that pretty well. I still go outside to vape though since I have a baby girl at home but now I don't have to change all my cloths and scrub my hands, face and arms like im preping for surgery just to pick her up.

Congrats on quitting and welcome to ECF! Sure is good to put away the smokes isn't it?

Im currently looking for someone to pawn off my smokes too. I was going to give them to my cousin yesterday but I managed to convince him to try vaping instead lol. I let him borrow my eGo-t and some e-juice he likes it so far. Ill know at the end of the week if he has keep up using it or not. I hope he does.

Thanks everyone else that responded. I may have found my daily vape for now, Irie Nights by The Standard. Its a bit spendy but delicious and smooth at 12mg!!! been using it exclusively for the last 2 days.

Here is my main reason for quitting, my baby girl Lilian aka evil Lily lol I quit for her first then me and my health second. I WILL live long to watch and help her grow up.

EvilLily2.jpg EvilLily1.jpg

CAP1

Verified Member
Aug 13, 2014
Oregon, USA
Almost 2 weeks without the stinky sticks! Picked up a a cheap mechanical mod and kanthal today to try out on my cheap RDA just for fun. Looking up some coil builds after this post. My collection continues to grow! Got a bit of vapers fatigue the last few days which is sad but im curing that asap so I can taste my new daily vape again. Berry Lemon-Lime, its my new favorite and its cheap.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
The reason I decided to quit was for my son. I was on the internet when I came across " Bryan's Story" about Bryan Lee Curtis. It really opened my eyes. I don't want to leave my family like that. That was December 1st 2013. I ended up smoking again for about a month during a really stressful time, but I am back to vaping again. I spend most of my free time with him at the park. It still amazes me how I can run and run and run... Congratulations on your little one, and good luck!

CAP1

Verified Member
Aug 13, 2014
Oregon, USA
I took a photo of my stuff while I was cleaning and sanitizing my hardware. Wish I had a few more mod's like a mvp or similar. I'm missing my vision spinner 2 as its out on loan right now.

u2uteje3.jpg

I gave my rda a try today but ended up not liking it at all. I like a tight draw and that thing let so much air in I keep choking every puff plus having to fill it every other hit was lame. So instead I wound my own coils on the iClear X.1 to .7 ohm's with dual 28awg coils. Works great so far with no leaks or gurgling and I like the mechanical feel of the mod even if it's a cheap one. I think I should try a RBA instead of the RDA next. I want a tank not a dripper.

Any cheap rba's out there worth buying just to try out? Adjustable air flow would be a plus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I never ran at all before my kid turned 3. Now he wants me to play soccer with him all the time. I have gotten back in shape, so it's been a good thing. I have been using a dripper pretty much exclusively for a while now, but tonight I took the vv to work and it was a nice change. I am kind of tired of constantly tinkering with mech mods and rda's. I gave away and sold a lot of my stuff, now it am looking for a regulated mod to carry with me. I miss the simplicity of a clearo, and I miss one 18650 lasting all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread