New Ovale eGo-C changeble system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy43

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Atlanta, GA
brunal - Try this and see if it helps out. :)

I wanted to share something I have noticed regarding wicking on the C. Kent C touched on aligning the atty with the tank earlier in this thread affecting how the air flows through the cone in turn changing juice delivery to the atty. I have experimented with this with some ultra thick juice (Boba's Bounty VG) and ultra thin juice (anything from Virgin Vapor) and here is what I have concluded.

6665359057_10a8fa74aa_z.jpg

Notice the tank is flat on the sides. The atty is also shaped the same with flat sides. Looking into the cone, when you tighten it down, you can rotate the atty to increase or decrease airflow around and up through the tank depending on how you align it. This will affect the vacuum inside the tank and increase or decrease juice flow to the atty. Other factors, of course, affect juice flow so this is assuming a clean atty/wick and a wick that is performing as it should.

If you are getting gurgling or leaking with thin juices then the first arrangement on the left might help. If you are getting dry hits or burnt flavors with thicker juices then the second arrangement on the right may help. This is assuming you have the button on the top (or bottom) and the tank aligned as shown.

This has helped me with Kona Coffee Milkshake from Virgin Vapor. It is an ultra thin juice as Annette pre-thins her juices and I was getting gurgling in the atty and even some juice down in the atty base. I set everything up like in the first illustration and the juice delivery slows and stops the gurgling.

This has also helped me with Boba's Bounty. Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions is all VG and is uber thick! I get some dry hits with thick juice sometimes. Set up the C like the second illustration on the right and I get better juice delivery and no dry hits.

Let me know what you think and how this works for other eGo-C owners out there. :)

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I sometimes have the opposite problem with the coil flooding a little and that cuts down the vapor productions. So I have learned when this happens and I know the battery is strong, to pull off the tank and vape the cone for a little while to clear it up then snap the tank back in and I am back in business. I have did this several times, and It works great.

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
I've had the same problem sometimes. I now soak the attys in PGA or vodka for a day or two on the theory that it might help soften up the burnt on crud that glues the wick to the coil. Then I use a Monoject 412 curved tip syringe to shoot PGA/vodka through the atty several times in the hope of nudging the wick to unglue itself from the atty and then let it soak some more. On the two attys that I've tried that with, the wicks didn't pull off but that's not a large enough sample to say it actually works on a reliable basis.

RedZone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
Denver, CO, USA
I keep a 30ml bottle of everclear, and as Atty's start losing performance, I chuck them in the EverClear. Then when I get several, I do the cleaning process. Soaking in the Everclear reduces the chance of the wick pulling out. I've still lost one, every so often, but no where near the % before I started soaking them, prior to cleaning.

sammy43

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hello,

Have the Ovale Ego-c, upgraded from the T. Love it!! But I have tried 3 times the cleaning method suggested by Sammy43. ALL 3 times I have lost wick do to it sticking to the coil. What am I doing wrong?

thanks

I have had a couple problems with this as well even with boiling/hot rinsing the atty. I have started dry burning the atty before I take the wick plate off and then hot rinsing the atty. This seems to ash the gunked up juice on the wick and coil enough to not make the wick stick to the coil. Haven't noticed any problems using this technique. :)

DonD13

Aug 25, 2010
Illinois
I have cleaned C attys maybe 30 times and have only lost one wick to this point. When I disassemble the atty the wick is ALWAYS stuck to the coil. I simple get ahold of the wick firmly in my tweezers and very gently move my tweezers back and forth a few times while i give a very slight upward pull on the tweezers. The wick has come every time except the once.

I don't soak them in anything. I just disassemble the spike and wick from the coil, rinse the coil and wick in hot water, dry burn the coil pretty good and that is it. I am having attys last for 3 or 4 weeks on occasion and I am a heavy vapor. Usually the burnt taste can be fixed by simply straightening out a paper clip and inserting it into the top of the spike and pushing down the wick just a tad.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I have cleaned C attys maybe 30 times and have only lost one wick to this point. When I disassemble the atty the wick is ALWAYS stuck to the coil. I simple get ahold of the wick firmly in my tweezers and very gently move my tweezers back and forth a few times while i give a very slight upward pull on the tweezers. The wick has come every time except the once.

I don't soak them in anything. I just disassemble the spike and wick from the coil, rinse the coil and wick in hot water, dry burn the coil pretty good and that is it. I am having attys last for 3 or 4 weeks on occasion and I am a heavy vapor. Usually the burnt taste can be fixed by simply straightening out a paper clip and inserting it into the top of the spike and pushing down the wick just a tad.
I am not sure if I understand your cleaning method. If you don't soak in anything and just pull the spike plate off, doesn't it pull the wick out of the spike plate and leave the wick stuck to the coil??

DonD13

Aug 25, 2010
Illinois
Yes. The wick is almost always stuck to the coil. I think that when you start to notice a tight draw, that is the point at which the wick has stuck itself to the coil. At any rate, I just wiggle it a bit and pull it off very gently with the tweezers. I have only lost one wick doing this when the mesh pulled from the wicking. You have to be careful but it works for me.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Yes. The wick is almost always stuck to the coil. I think that when you start to notice a tight draw, that is the point at which the wick has stuck itself to the coil. At any rate, I just wiggle it a bit and pull it off very gently with the tweezers. I have only lost one wick doing this when the mesh pulled from the wicking. You have to be careful but it works for me.
When I have pulled the spike plate off, sometimes it just pulls some of the wick from the spike plate and ruins the wick with only 1/2 of the treads in the spike and you can't put them back in the needle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread