New owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkGeoffrey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
Florida
Yep.. most people who buy one think it's worth the money. I did send mine back for the upgrade but I really didn't have to, the v1 would have kept me happy. Glad you like it :)

I'm also debating on sending mine in for the upgrade. But I do not use cartos I'm strictly a CE2 tank user and with that said the Provari V1 works great. I guess the only reason to upgrade would be for resale appeal, and I have no intension of reselling my Provari.

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
I'm also debating on sending mine in for the upgrade. But I do not use cartos I'm strictly a CE2 tank user and with that said the Provari V1 works great. I guess the only reason to upgrade would be for resale appeal, and I have no intension of reselling my Provari.

That's what I thought until I started getting into the rebuildables.. being able to drop below 3.3 would be helpful, as some of the coils I wrap end up at 1.1 / 1.2 ohms.. it'd be much easier to drop the voltage, then re-do the entire coil.

I plan on sending mine in for the upgrade after I get my 2nd one in, after the blue/green lcd batch. I can't be without a provari.. gotta have one, even while the original goes in to get the upgrade!

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
Just pulled the trigger on a black satin V2. Can't wait to join the club. E-cigs have come a long way since I started nearly 3 years ago!

My first experience was about 3 years ago as well. I had no clue what I was doing when I purchased a Blu- I think I even paid something like $70 for it. The ecig community was much smaller then and information wasn't as readily available as it is today.

I was horribly disappointed with the Blu; primarily because it wasn't reliable. If I were to get off analogs, I knew I'd need a something I could rely on. I gave up on vaping for a few years after my Blu experience...

I never would have guessed vape technology would evolve so quickly. We have so many choices today! After a few year break from the vaping world, I happened to stumble across a local vape store and I impulsively purchased an Ego. I haven't touched an analog from the second I purchased my Ego. The Ego was exactly what I needed (at that time) to quit analogs.
The Provari was available when I bought my Ego, but I wasn't willing to drop that much money on another potential "blu" experience.

Now...after learning what that I have about the Provari (on ECF), buying one just seems like the natural progression for me. While I don't like spending that much money, I'll do practically anything to enrich my vaping experience and keep me off analogs for good. I look at this as a life or death decision...

Robertogee

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
I'm with Randy C. Been with V4L since I started. Got their Titan XLs about three months back, and a couple of tanks. LOVED 'em. Then, thanks to ECF, bought a couple of kGo 1100 mAhs to recycle. Loved THOSE. Now, the Provari V2 is on its way.

Of course, I've had to enroll in an electrical engineering course to understand what I'm doing.

But the assortment of carts, tanks, lo-res / standard-res, Stardusts, drip tips and great new flavors I've discovered after being happy with Tasty Vapor's Cafe Machiatto for two years -- somehow it's all WAY more involving, pro-active, interesting and CHEAPER than buying two $5 packs of analogs a day to kill myself in slo-mo.

One month's analogs alone costs more than the Provari, so the cost is negligible.

Can't wait to vary my voltage.

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
somehow it's all WAY more involving, pro-active, interesting and CHEAPER than buying two $5 packs of analogs a day to kill myself in slo-mo.

One month's analogs alone costs more than the Provari, so the cost is negligible.

Can't wait to vary my voltage.

I can't remember the last time I saw a $5 pack of analogs! I quit 2 mos ago and was paying over $10 a pack.

But back on subject, I'm thinking of becoming a Provari owner - been doing my research and keep coming back to the Provari. One question - can you use stardusts (any resistance) on the Provari?

rem700

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Mn
I can't remember the last time I saw a $5 pack of analogs! I quit 2 mos ago and was paying over $10 a pack.

But back on subject, I'm thinking of becoming a Provari owner - been doing my research and keep coming back to the Provari. One question - can you use stardusts (any resistance) on the Provari?

Need a 510 extension adapter inorder to use the stardust.

Robertogee

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Hmm. Can't wait to get my Provari V2. It arrives next week. The description on ProVape's site says, "stock 510 connection."

"Stock" means "standard." So I'm expecting the V2 to have a standard 510 connection like they say.

Are you saying that to use any standard 510 devices such as Stardusts, carts, etc., on the Provari we need a 510-to-510 connection for the Provari to work with all stock 510 devices?

Or just with Stardusts? Or what?

That would be misrepresentation on Provari's part, wouldn't it, if the connection is not "stock" or "standard" and in fact requires an adapter to use 510 devices?

Sure hope you're wrong as, after all my research on VVs, that's not what I thought I was getting.

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
I'm really not sure - but I have the Vivi Nova which is "stock" 510 connection and it does not sit right on my eGo VV or my K-eGo. I've read some threads where people file them down a little so they sit right. As far as the stardust, my thought is that it's too long for the Provari, so using a 510 to 510 connector raises it up so that it can sit right - but I could be 100% wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread