New Person thread and starting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezymagic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
STL
hey all. been trolling this forum for a week or 2 now along with other forums, youtube, etc.
23 years old. 7 year smoker. been going back and forth on vapors for a several months. finally decided that my last cig was on christmas this year.
i started with a pos vap. moved to an evod. currently i have a protank 3 and some smok twist battery (i think thats what it is). currently vaping strawberry/banana, love it.

im looking to get more into vaping. decided that logically my next move is either a dripper or a tank style (i think most people call them genesis style?). after looking at a lot of info, i think i want to try a dripper. main reasons...it wont leak on its said and such (i.e. in my pocket), pretty straight forward, seems a bit easy for a starter. all good. id also like others opinions on this subject and please correct me if im misinformed about any of this post. after looking at many reviews and videos, i cant decide. on one hand, go cheaper because itll be my first in the rebuildable venture and on the other hand, get something more expensive because its better and id eventually get it anyways (assuming it is better). i think cheap option (that ive seen and know of) would be something igo and the more expensive option would be the atomic rda (based on reviews and it caught my eye).

next would be a power source. i believe theyre commonly called mods? not too sure on this either. i dont think i want a mech because of battery life versus a variable. havent done too much looking into this yet because i figure one thing at a time (start with the rebuildable, then power, etc) maybe something using the dna20 board because it has the option of more wattage if id ever want to use that. id love opinions on this. i think i saw someone doing modding with a dna20 board. manu i think was the user. looked pretty cool. maybe something like that style.

after that would be coils and wicks. i hear good things about cotton so id probably like to use that. gauge of wire? no idea, i see a lot of 28g or 30g. i know resistance but would the gauge (that small of a difference) really matter? i figure it matters even less when combined with number of coils, style of coil, how well the coil is done. please correct me if im wrong. i think the nano dragon coil looks tight so id probably try that. whats the point of a dual vs single coil on a drip? i assume double coil, less life on juice, wick, battery but more vapor. you know what they say about assuming though.

still have to look into ohms vs coil vs wattage vs vapor. dont really understand it much other than dont go sub ohm (because i havent researched it enough), i see a lot of like 1-2 ohm range and adjust wattage for desired vapor, flavour and type of juice. still need to learn more on that.

well its late (4am) so im out, thanks in advance and i cant wait to get started.

tl;dr - intro. drip vs tank. which atty. what mod. some crap about coils and wicks. more crap that i should know or will soon know with ohms and crap. outro. p.s. i dont like shifting or caps lock unless raging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread