New Poll - When did you stop smoking analogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
The "Long-Term Success Rate" poll was not working as well as I envisioned. I have replaced it with a new poll.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/polls/168282-when-did-you-stop-smoking-analogs.html

This poll will allow us to take a look now and at future points and see the numbers of our folks who have made it past benchmarks such as 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, etc.

For purposes of comparison, here is a report on long-term success using prescription nicotine nasal spray.

How much does relapse after one year erode effectiveness of smoking cessation treatments? Long term follow up of randomised trial of nicotine nasal spray

A total of 227 heavy smokers entered the trial; 116 were given the nicotine spray and 111 the placebo. Of these, 47 sustained abstinence from smoking for 1 year. They constituted the long term follow up group; 33 were in the nicotine group, 14 in the placebo group.

Mean follow up period was 3 years 4 months (range 2½ to 4⅔ years) and was shorter by 21 days for the nicotine group. All observed relapses occurred within 3½ years. The table shows that the nicotine spray maintained an advantage over placebo up to 3½ years. Relapse after 1 year’s abstinence was similar in the two groups and totalled 23% at 2 years, 38% at 3 years and 48% (95% confidence interval 32% to 64%) at 3½ years.

Of those remaining abstinent in the nicotine group, 19 used the spray for 1 year and 14 for <1 year (range 1-39 weeks).

Success rates after 1 year or less of follow up substantially overestimate lifelong cessation after a single treatment episode.
Link to abstract: How much does relapse after one year erode effectiveness of smoking cessation treatments? Long term follow up of randomised trial of nicotine nasal spray

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Not a record for me either. My record is 1.5 yrs, but this is the 1st time (9 mos) that I am totally happy and don't wish I had a ciggie!

The beauty of it is that when we come back to look at the poll 10 months from now, it will show that you have achieved a new record!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread