The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Products

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by LongDraw, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LongDraw

LongDraw Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    Suburbs, IL
    So I went on the provape sight today, and noticed a new pass thru add on and wraps for the provari. Hoping to see some reviews soon, see how useful the pass thru would be.

2. LV SuzyQ

LV SuzyQ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Why do you need a pass through on a Provari? I've never had issues with my battery life ( using one other always charging) when I go out put in freshly charged battery and carry other full battery( rarely need other one). The wraps are from Jwraps Alon Dotan. I think it's a nice idea if your Provaris are badly scratched up but I like mine naked or with a Serenity sleeve/lanyard when I'm out. But I've seen lots of pics of the wraps on the Provari Cult and they look nice and well fitted.

3. Fury83

Fury83 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    Just buy one of those little battery cases they sell and some extra batteries.

4. LongDraw

LongDraw Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    Suburbs, IL
    Not planning on buying a wrap, I agree I like mine as is and in time scratches are normal part of any products life. And since I am quite protective/carful/anal about my things they last awhile.

The pass thru, not buying immediately either, only like the idea for long car trips, such as when we we to the east coast last summer.

More so was just posting the thread because I think it is great provape keeps putting stuff out, and wanted to share with others.

5. GrimmTech

GrimmTech Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2012
    West Virginia
    My ProV is on the way. I bought 4 batteries. Two to take, two to charge. With a dual charger I cant imagine every needing a passthrough.

6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I never thought about using a Provari passthru in a car for long trips, but would only be pratical if you take a lot of long trips or your work requires a lot of driving. Even then, $65 is pretty steep. That would buy 5 batteries.

The wraps are nice. Don't know that I'd get one as I like my satin blue. But getting one might curb my desire for a red Provari which may never happen.

7. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I'm in with the "too pricey" crowd, on the pass through. I'd have probably gotten two (one for wife) if they came in around $25. At $65 though, I realize that our batteries work quite well!

As for the wraps, well, I just might (wabbit!).

8. SavePaperVapor

SavePaperVapor Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota, USA
    I drive for a living and still see no need for a passthrough. You can buy a lot of batteries for 60 bucks. I guess perhaps one could figure in replacing those batteries over time but I figure the provari will be retired by then anyway with all the new tech coming out these days.

9. Bob57

Bob57 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2012
    Indiana
    Most chargers have a 12 volt car adapter, one came with the Xtar WP211 and you can get one for the Pila .

10. EvilOne

EvilOne Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I've been eyeing the wrap now hehe

11. RedhatPat

RedhatPat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lancaster, Pa
    would be cool if they sold pre oxidized mesh for zap, some drip tips that blend nicely with zap, oh yeah and a paint can shaker for ejuice!

12. jasl90

jasl90 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
  13. SavePaperVapor

SavePaperVapor Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota, USA
    Gotta admit that I was disappointed after clicking that link.

14. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    I like the concept of the passthrough, but I can't get past the idiotic notion that having a male plug sticking out of the bottom of the unit is stupid. They should have, at the very least, made it capable of standing upright.

15. GrimmTech

GrimmTech Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2012
    West Virginia
    Kinda takes away the option of a Genesis style atty huh?

16. williebb123

williebb123 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

DSC01090.jpg pass thru=fail....wraps=win....i have 2 black chrome that are not that black anymore ...i e FDA trying to pry from my cold sweaty palms,so went with the black kevlar and the DR Who sonic screwdriver = me verry happy ....FDA=not so much

17. xsphat

xsphat Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2012
    Wisconsin
    That thing looks like something you'd use at home, after a lap dance.

18. Chiku

Chiku Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    I was really interested until I saw the price. Sometimes I am forgetful, and leave my charger at home when I leave in the morning and wish I had one. But for that price I can buy a charger to leave at the office and a lot of extra batteries.

19. danimal40

danimal40 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    Boston
    think I would buy the 18650 trustfire Enhanced at fast tech for 6.23 a 2 pack....thats what 20 or so batteries for the price of the pass thru..

20. RedhatPat

RedhatPat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lancaster, Pa
    Here is a nice one for single bottles.
    http://www.robart.com/products/hobby...ctric-100-240v
    You can find them or similar at hobby shops and remote control shops.

Here is a video of it in action.
    Robart Hobby Paint Shaker for Vallejo, Reaper & Citadel Paints - YouTube

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.