New REO Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
My Black Wrinkle Grand arrived amid a flurry of great anticipation....

Putting my perfectionist hat on, I could only find 2 problems. One I fixed, and one I cannot. The door was very sticky, I had to use two hands to open it. I looked closely at it, and saw that the finish was applied to both the door edges and the track that it rides in. A VERY brief discussion with 320 grit sandpaper cured all ills. I can now open and close the door with my thumb while holding the mod in the same hand.

The second problem was a wobble on the atomizer. My wife tells me that it is the fault of the "Chinese tolerance" on the threads of the connector. It seems that the Chinese do not subscribe to the tolerance of American manufacture. The wobble will vary with each atomizer. Not too much that anyone can do about that. If push comes to shove, and I cannot stand it, perhaps an o-ring on the base of the atomizer should cure all ills. I could also make a gasket out of Teflon tape to seat the atomizer into the connector.

I am impressed with the workmanship of this mod. It is far and above that of the Bogger Box (that is now in the shop being repaired after 1 week). Having watched my wife use her REO's for about a year now, I have no doubt about its reliability.

Way to go, Robert!!!! You have my honest appreciation!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Even without the sandpaper, that tightness in the door would have taken care of itself after a few slides off and on. Mine did, at least. The paint quickly wore off where the door and the body meet. Congratulations on your new REO. If your wife's been using REOs for about a year now, it's hard to imagine how you've held out this long. LOL

debzcf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
At the shore...
My Black Wrinkle Grand arrived amid a flurry of great anticipation....

Putting my perfectionist hat on, I could only find 2 problems. One I fixed, and one I cannot. The door was very sticky, I had to use two hands to open it. I looked closely at it, and saw that the finish was applied to both the door edges and the track that it rides in. A VERY brief discussion with 320 grit sandpaper cured all ills. I can now open and close the door with my thumb while holding the mod in the same hand.

The second problem was a wobble on the atomizer. My wife tells me that it is the fault of the "Chinese tolerance" on the threads of the connector. It seems that the Chinese do not subscribe to the tolerance of American manufacture. The wobble will vary with each atomizer. Not too much that anyone can do about that. If push comes to shove, and I cannot stand it, perhaps an o-ring on the base of the atomizer should cure all ills. I could also make a gasket out of Teflon tape to seat the atomizer into the connector.

I am impressed with the workmanship of this mod. It is far and above that of the Bogger Box (that is now in the shop being repaired after 1 week). Having watched my wife use her REO's for about a year now, I have no doubt about its reliability.

Way to go, Robert!!!! You have my honest appreciation!

Congratulations on getting off the cigs!!!!!!

debzcf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
At the shore...
JC, I told him the door would loosen after a few uses. :rolleyes: For all his nitpickiness, it sure took him long enough to come to "The REO Side". But we Reonauts will prevail! :laugh:

Super_X, I don't think he used the tubes often enough anywhere for me to be embarrassed! :laugh: He's better than 2 weeks off the cigs now. :thumbs:

"The REO Side" ---- exactly!! :)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
JC, I told him the door would loosen after a few uses. :rolleyes: For all his nitpickiness, it sure took him long enough to come to "The REO Side". But we Reonauts will prevail! :laugh:

Super_X, I don't think he used the tubes often enough anywhere for me to be embarrassed! :laugh: He's better than 2 weeks off the cigs now. :thumbs:

Aaahhhhhh......so he belongs to you......... LOL I'm sure you can keep him in line. :)

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
Here's a pic of his black wrinkle. I love the finish on this Grand!

samsreo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread