The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New REO Daddy

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by malkuth, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. malkuth

malkuth Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2013
    Gray, TN, USA
    My Black Wrinkle Grand arrived amid a flurry of great anticipation....

Putting my perfectionist hat on, I could only find 2 problems. One I fixed, and one I cannot. The door was very sticky, I had to use two hands to open it. I looked closely at it, and saw that the finish was applied to both the door edges and the track that it rides in. A VERY brief discussion with 320 grit sandpaper cured all ills. I can now open and close the door with my thumb while holding the mod in the same hand.

The second problem was a wobble on the atomizer. My wife tells me that it is the fault of the "Chinese tolerance" on the threads of the connector. It seems that the Chinese do not subscribe to the tolerance of American manufacture. The wobble will vary with each atomizer. Not too much that anyone can do about that. If push comes to shove, and I cannot stand it, perhaps an o-ring on the base of the atomizer should cure all ills. I could also make a gasket out of Teflon tape to seat the atomizer into the connector.

I am impressed with the workmanship of this mod. It is far and above that of the Bogger Box (that is now in the shop being repaired after 1 week). Having watched my wife use her REO's for about a year now, I have no doubt about its reliability.

Way to go, Robert!!!! You have my honest appreciation!

2. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Somewhere out there
    Awesome bro :). Say goodbye to those tubes so you don't embarrass the Cat while out in public :)

3. JC Okie

JC Okie REOnaut Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    Even without the sandpaper, that tightness in the door would have taken care of itself after a few slides off and on. Mine did, at least. The paint quickly wore off where the door and the body meet. Congratulations on your new REO. If your wife's been using REOs for about a year now, it's hard to imagine how you've held out this long. LOL

4. CATastrophe

CATastrophe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    JC, I told him the door would loosen after a few uses. :rolleyes: For all his nitpickiness, it sure took him long enough to come to "The REO Side". But we Reonauts will prevail! :laugh:

Super_X, I don't think he used the tubes often enough anywhere for me to be embarrassed! :laugh: He's better than 2 weeks off the cigs now. :thumbs:

5. CATastrophe

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    OH! And I finally have my much missed and loved VVGrand topped with a RM2 back! :banana:

6. debzcf

debzcf Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2013
    At the shore...
    Congratulations on getting off the cigs!!!!!!

7. debzcf

May 8, 2013
    At the shore...
    "The REO Side" ---- exactly!! :)

8. Treebeard

Treebeard Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Congrats on your new grand! What atomizer are you having problems with? Would like to hear about your experience with Bogger sometimes and how it compares to the Reo.

9. JC Okie

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    Aaahhhhhh......so he belongs to you......... LOL I'm sure you can keep him in line. :)

10. CATastrophe

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    Well, I finally got him here - with no loss of blood to either of us, so .... I think it's working! :lol:

11. CATastrophe

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    Here's a pic of his black wrinkle. I love the finish on this Grand!

samsreo.jpg

12. JC Okie

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
  13. debzcf

May 8, 2013
    At the shore...
    And, if you drop the Black Wrinkle on concrete, it won't sustain any boo-boo's. :p

14. CATastrophe

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    Deb, that's really good to know and thanks for testing it for us! ;)

15. debzcf

May 8, 2013
    At the shore...
    The first thing I thought, "OH NO, I didn't bring the Mini for back-up." No back-up needed -- the Grand IS Grand. haha.

16. redeyedancer

redeyedancer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    Maine
  17. Thedan1284

Thedan1284 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2013
    Travis AFB, CA
    Im soon to be able to review boggers and reos once my boggers arrive. If still interested, pm me.

18. elscorcho

elscorcho Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2013
    Treasure Coast, FL
    CONGRATS malkuth!

Enjoy that black-wrinkle goodness!:vapor:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.