The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

"New" REOnaut checking in..

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by rustybikes, Jan 4, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rustybikes

rustybikes Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Concord, NC
    A couple weeks ago, I scored a Mini from the classies. I wont bore you with the epic journey that led me there; Long story short, the REO Mini unseated my Darwin (of all things) as my daily-driver. For the past couple weeks, it's been pretty much the only PV in my collection to get any serious face-time with me.

I did get side-tracked with an Ali'i for a few days, and I learned from it that it was entirely practical to go to 5-ish volts with the NiMH batts that Madvapes sells. And then, I squealed with delight to find that those batteries would work in a REO Grand! The Mini had clearly shown me that the build quality and durability of the REOs is a fair bit ahead of the Ali'i. So, when one of my Xmas gifts turned out to be a wad of twenties, I simply had to see what Rob had up on the site. I let out another squeal of delight when I saw that there was a Grand available in the same colour combo as my Mini. My co-workers hate me.. :)

So without further ado, my matched set of REOs:

[​IMG]

I'd say that the number-one thing I love about these is that they've freed me from screwing around with cartos, tanks, dripping (actually, I still occasionally do this for flavour variety) and managing all those fiddly bits. I keep spare supplies around, but the most I've done while away from home lately is to pop a fresh battery in.

These things have made my workflow for vaping as simple as it was to smoke. I refill the juice bottle every morning, charge batteries over night, and do very little but vape in between. When I smoked I used a Zippo. Filling it was very similar to loading up a carto. Plus, it was another simple, reliable, purpose-built machine. I sense a theme. Ha.

Thanks Rob!

2. redeyedancer

redeyedancer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    Maine
    Congrats rustybikes Funny I have the same grand love that combo . Vaping made easy enjoy my friend :) forgot to mention I loved my zippo to

3. mlinky

mlinky ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Kentucky
    YAY!! Nice addition and great pics! :)

4. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    Congrats - that is a beautiful pair, indeed!

5. whatitstrue

whatitstrue Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Congrtulations!!!!! Its like Danny Devitto and Arnold Shwartznager From the movie Twinns

This calls for a banana dance!!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I really like that Grand!!!!!!!!!!

6. washvap

washvap Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2011
    wa
    Congrats Rusty!! It's good that you got the matching set and found them so good that it replaced your Darwin. Hear a lot of stories about how the REO has been their main PV and unseated their VV devices. Great combo by the way, have the same for my Grand.

7. 714pedro

714pedro Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    philippines
    nice pair buddy... congrats and welcome..

8. Delilah718

Delilah718 Vape Enthusiast Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 18, 2011
    In the clouds
    Congratulations Rustybikes! :D I love having matching REOs too :thumbs: Welcome to REOvil, where, thanks to our REOS, we all enjoy simple, effective, enjoyable and satisfying vaping that keeps our quits secure! :thumbs:

Enjoy them in good health and [​IMG]

9. Della Cirque

Della Cirque Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2011
    Deep East Texas
    Congrats on your new addition! They look fabulous together!

10. Streptile

Streptile Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    East Coast USA
    Congratulations on some very nice looking devices and welcome to the club :)

11. rustybikes

rustybikes Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Concord, NC
    Aww.. Thanks for the warm welcome you guys!! :wub:

I'm already thinking about the next additions to the REO cadre in my collection. I've got red, next is green, then blue. In Mini/Grand pairs, of course. Oh boy.. :lol:

12. elencius

elencius Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    North Carolina
    Have to add my congrats from one new REOnaut to another - REOs = bliss! And many thanks to all the REO vets in this forum who are always willing to assist and share. I definitely should have joined ECF sooner instead of just researching all this time... What a great group of folks :)

13. Rhapsodies Fire

Rhapsodies Fire ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    Bow, WA, USA
  14. elencius

Dec 8, 2011
    North Carolina
    Thank You, Rhapsodies!

15. tmcase

tmcase ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Welcome rustybikes & Elencius! Always nice to see some new Reonaughts. Be sure to check out the Reo Roll Call thread.

16. elencius

Dec 8, 2011
    North Carolina
    Thank You tmcase, for the welcome and the link - will go there now...

17. Donzo317

Donzo317 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2011
    Rochester NY
    Congrats they look good. Now i feel like I should get a matching mini ohhh how to convince the wife

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.