New search failed to find the string: "NFE Toolbox/ArcticFox"

NFE Toolbox/ArcticFox
Can't say I see any improvement yet.
Again, google/bing did better.

Thank you
I

I ran the same search again today.
Much much much improved!!!!
The new "search" appears to be leaps and bounds better than the previous "search".

Kudos Oliver!
Thank you for making our home more comfortable.

cheers
I

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I have to say kudos on the new search system.

There was a blog post that I had read when first coming to the forum. I thought I had it bookmarked but apparently not, and so lost the link. When I used search to find it again, I could not find it. When I used Google to find it again, I could not find it. After months of trying to find it again periodically, I still couldn't find it.

THEN, with the new search engine algorithm, I was able to find it! Woohoo!

Totally awesome search engine! Very happy with it!

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
When I tell search to display the results as a thread and not every stinking occurrence found in each post, I expect the results to be just that. Apparently this is not possible with Threadloom? (Going to be a royal pain going to advanced search to utilize the old system.)

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Not sure if this has to do with threadloom, mobile version or just an issue for me. I have cleared cached versions of ecf to ensure site refresh.
When I search anything via mobile device (iPhone 5s, Safari Browser in OS version 9.0.2), I will get the results initially but then the page reloads and never stops reloading until I kill the page. Upon page reload, all results disappear, like the search never took place.
I know my OS is outdated so maybe this is optimized for later versions of safari?

Reactions: Letitia

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Is it possible to get an "Older Than:" option also? Could have used this numerous times in past searches.
Or even better, a "Date Range" option, where if you leave one field blank it defaults to the beginning or end of time depending on context of blank field.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Is it possible to get an "Older Than:" option also? Could have used this numerous times in past searches.

Or even better, a "Date Range" option, where if you leave one field blank it defaults to the beginning or end of time depending on context of blank field.

I use Newer Than box. It works if you want to find old posts--but it involves a lot of clicking if you want to go back to the beginning.

I really liked our old option of searching in ascending or descending order. One click took you right back to the oldest post. Can't find it here.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So, please use this thread to feed back.

I have but one question (I was always afraid to ask ;)). What is the "Search child forums as well" box for? We have child forums here? Or is this some technical term I'm not familiar with? Either way, I find it rather perplexing. :D

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I have but one question (I was always afraid to ask ;)). What is the "Search child forums as well" box for? We have child forums here? Or is this some technical term I'm not familiar with? Either way, I find it rather perplexing. :D

It's called the Outside :)

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona

Yeah this, I be perplexed too :confused:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    It's called the Outside :)

smiley26.gif
    :lol:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Making fun of YOU? Take a number and stand in line. I'd have to WELL make fun of myself before gettin' to anyone else, loviedovie.

I don't know what it is! I'm going to crawl out on a presumptuous limb tho, and guess that they are subforums to the adult (big) ones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread