New setup {input appreciated!}

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4sdaq

Feb 26, 2013
Michigan
How's it going, everyone? I currently have an eGo-T 1000mAh passthrough with CE4 clearomizer as my current setup.

I have been drooling lately over the mods people have, so I decided to upgrade. I'd like your thoughts please.

So here it is:
  • Vamo v2 black chrome kit w/ 2 18350s and charger from Vapor Break
  • Vivi Nova 3.5ml w/ red metal tank from Aqua Vapor Cig
  • SmokTech 5ml blue/chrome UDCT from Aqua Vapor Cig
  • Triple V Pyrex 7ml tank from Valley View Vapes

And I plan to later purchase two 18650 batteries and an XTAR WP2 charger when funds allow for it.

Do I need anything else to make it awesome? And what replacement cartomizers do you recommend for the SmokTech UDCT and the Triple V Pyrex tanks?

Thanks for the help! Cheers!

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
I would highly recommend a tank refilling tool like the slap yo mama or this one from IBTanked. Makes filling a carto tank much easier.

Carto's, it's hard to say what you will like best. I liked smoktech but in tanks they seem to flood a lot for me. Right now I'm using boges. A lot of people swear by ikenvapes but they're always out of stock so I haven't been able to try them in a tank.

Congrats and good luck with the upgrade! :vapor:

Telescope Neil

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
It's best if you buy AW IMR batteries as these have a safer chemistry than the ones with the kit. They are orange batteries which have the logo AW near the printed side of it. Also, if you're into RBAs i would suggest trying an AGA-T+, Genesis atomizers are just amazing when setup correctly. Oh and the AGA seemed like it was made for the Vamo. I don't really own an AGA-T+ nor a Vamo, but i have seen pictures of them together and i just drool at it. haha

n4sdaq

Feb 26, 2013
Michigan
Thanks for the replies and advice!

I had heard about the Slap Yo Mama tank filler from PBusardo but never looked into it much. Unfortunately, the price is a bit too high for me to get right now. I'll buy it when I get the 18650s and new charger, I guess!

And as for the 18650 batteries, I was looking at the AW IMR batts from AltSmoke. They're the orange kind that say AW on them. AltSmoke also carries the XTAR charger I'm looking to get eventually.

Just out of curiosity, what is the difference? I know you said the AW batts are chemically safer, but is there any danger in using the kit batteries (single or stacked)?

Thanks again! Cheers!

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
The slap yo mama does seem a little pricey but I've never used it so I can't say it's not worth it. I've seen some places with similar filling tools for cheaper in the drip tips section. The one I have came with the tank kit from IBTanked and it gets the job done. They sell them for $2.50, but you still end up paying $3 for shipping as well. If nothing else see if one of the places you are already ordering from sells the plastic, needle tip filling bottles. Should only be a couple bucks and it makes getting the liquid in the tank a lot easier.

Sorry but I'm no help with the batteries but hopefully this bump will get someones attention who knows. :)

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
Hi n4sdaq,
Save your pennies and go directly to ExhaleVapors.com @$38.98 before shipping you're still winning as that's less than VaporBreaks price anyway. They are taking pre-orders and will have stock on the 10th of March. I think there is a discount coupon floating around I'm not sure what it is tho'.

I wouldn't recommend the battery charger from VaporBreak. It's Rubbish. You're wasting your money. It does not have a voltage cut off, therefore it will overcharge your batteries. It is Not a Safe Battery Charger. You really do not want this charger.

Also, the batteries offered by VaporBreak are of very Poor quality. Buy IMR AW's or eFest's or Panasonic CGR High Drain Safe Chem Hybrids instead.

I have purchased from VaporBreak in the past, they have a very Poor communications record. If you want the assurance of having a vendor correct an issue VaporBreak then is not your type of Vendor, if you prefer buying out of China use HealthCabin.net instead, they have an excellent track record, are customer orientated, offer super fast shipping and are registered ECF Vendors.

Lastly, a Smart Battery charger like the Xtar is an excellent choice and will charge your batteries in half the time compared to a Trustfire TR001. Shop around you can find these at lower cost than that offered by most e-cig vendors.

Never Stack batteries, unless you know exactly what you're doing. tc1's thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...scussion/355443-read-batteries-explained.html. Have look through the Vamo Forum for further information and Help on your Vamo, which is an Excellent Choice by the way.;)

boomdizzle

Mar 18, 2013
Daly City
Try to get an evic from Welcome to Vape Alot Shop - QUIT SMOKING VAPE ALOT they got some good deals. I own a VAMO V2 and I personally recommend it. I bought it from desertvapes.com. They ship from AZ and good service. Get some Kanger T3s or Kanger evods from exhalevapors.com or whimwhamvapes.com.

That should bring your experience to a whole new level. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread