"New Smoking Study Suggests Quitting with an Aide Is Just as Ineffective as Cold Turkey" (not ecigs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest
Quote from article:

"The American people spend $1.5 billion dollars every year on smoking cessation devices. That's a huge market for a product that's supposed to work the first time. A forthcoming study suggests that, in the real world, the patch is no "magic bullet." The 787-person study is set for online publication Monday in the online journal Tobacco Control and followed adults who had quit smoking within the previous two years. It found that in 1/3 of the cases, the person started smoking again. Of that 30 percent, researchers found no difference in the relapse rate between people who used cessesion aides and those who did not."

New Smoking Study Suggests Quitting with an Aide Is Just as Ineffective as Cold Turkey

Lacedolphin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Harrodsburg,Ky.
From someone sitting here smoking an analog and fussing that I'm out of French vanilla and would rather vape, I say bullshavic!!! I went from 2 packs a day to not even wanting analogs in 6 weeks without trying? I didn't even want to quit until I found vaping tastes better! Forget the money and health, I can vape pie without the calories! Now there's a selling point!!!!

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
Notice that many, if not most of these 'studies' never include e-cigs.

And some of the ones coming out about e-cigs are just plain lies.

Of all the things I've tried, (patches, gum, pills,) non seemed to satisfy me. There's just so many other psychological things going on with 'smoking' a cigarette that these don't simulate. E-cigs are the first thing I've used that comes close to filling in many of these and the first time in my life that I think I can really quit.

Been at this for over a month (2 actually, but the first was using both e-cigs and analogs) and I may have cravings but nothing that's gotten me to run out in the middle of the night to get a pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread