• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New store in town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Twister Alley
There is only the one. LOL and found out they have been vaping for 2 months. They have no clue as to what a pro vari is and know a whole lot. Not
I am not going to name names. I will find out if they want to learn or know it all already as they have come across already.
I am trying to talk my son into going down there with me with our PV`s and teaching them a few things. Depends on if they want to learn or not.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
There is only the one. LOL and found out they have been vaping for 2 months. They have no clue as to what a pro vari is and know a whole lot. Not
I am not going to name names. I will find out if they want to learn or know it all already as they have come across already.
I am trying to talk my son into going down there with me with our PV`s and teaching them a few things. Depends on if they want to learn or not.

Sounds like my step-son. He started vaping 3-4 months ago and now he wants to open his own vape store in Guthrie. His knowledge of hardware is next to nothing, hell he didn't know what all my eVic could do.

All he's looking at is the cost of vape supplies wholesale vs retail and the profits he could make...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I understand your rant :) Personally, I have mixed feelings about all the new stores opening up. On one hand, it is nice that vaping is becoming more mainstreamed. On the other hand, if you are going to open up a store you should do your research. Many of the newer stores do cater to the new vaper, carrying only basic supplies. That may be fine for a while, but those of us who have been vaping a while know that eventually most people want to upgrade their vaping supplies as they explore what does and does not work for them.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
So I'm right there with ya'll on the "Haven't got a clue" New vape shops ...we have over 35 in okc now (shock)

I had only been to Doc's < super nice guy, totally ready to listen to any help we were willing to offer :)

But I have now stopped at 3 ...oh MY ...I have bit my tongue over & over ....

I heard One owner told tell a customer that "drip shields" have NO purpose other than changing the look of your carto....

I had one clerk tell me that 100% VG juice was impossible to achieve because NIC would not mix with the VG ...so they could only get PG base so all juice had to be 50/50 .... I called him on it & the owner popped up from around the back & he disappeared...she told me that she didn't like high vg juices, because it made too many people sick & she wouldn't sell it .:blink:

I have a NEW ONE that just opened behind my house ...when the signs first went up, I checked their web site (& it wasn't built yet) So I called the number ...& asked if they would be hiring etc...& just chit chatted etc, & the guy said NO he had never smoked so wasn't a vaper ,but one of his partners was :facepalm: and he had just started vaping SO they thought it would be a good time to jump in the market ...:ohmy: they have been open a month or so now ...I stopped in yesterday. Clean NEW pretty shop, nice cases ...popular stuff 3x the online prices ...1st clerk knew nothing he was just filling in & the other kid said he was the only Paid employee @ the moment cuz his dad was busy at home w/sick kid ...

I asked for a 5ml of strawberry. So he pulled out an empty bottle & filled about 3/4 of the bottle from a BIG bottle from under counter Then filled the rest of the bottle from a different bottle ...so I asked what he just did & he said the first one was 36 strawberry filled to the "24 mark" & then topped off with 0nic strawberry ...that made it 24 mg ....then he stuck a 24mg strawberry sticker around bottle ....so of course the first thing I did when I got back home was to take label off to check for the "24mark" ...there was NO MARK he was totally winging it :facepalm: The Juice is pretty tasty & like $4.11 after tax so not bad , but not very accurate mg wise :lol:

so yeah ...I'm not very impressed yet with the ones I have stopped in on...

& there was this lovely report tonight on the news ....
E-cigarette explodes and sparks small fire | KFOR.com

I don't even wanna go visit the others ....I'm just sure they would just infuriate me further....:evil:

And note to rds....if we put the names of the stores on ECF , the stores LOVE that cuz it is free advertising & makes them google searchable ...another local shop, that I was talking to the owner one day , told me she had already been banned from ECF but it was OK & totally worth it cuz,it made her shop name searchable on google ...ecf rarely removes the post

Last edited:

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
That is the problem with all these new stores popping up around town. They are giving out so much misinformation to unsuspecting customers that don't know the difference, they'll tell them anything just to make a sale. Then this misinformed newbie has a bad experience and then thinks that vaping is a big farce and isn't worth the effort. Makes me want to scream sometimes....

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread