ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I ordered this,
VISION Stone Tank Mod
Rick what did you order? The tank, clearomizers or metal CE2's? and what is the ohm's.
I haven't tried clearomizers for over a year and was wondering if they still have the same issues of coming apart and leaking. I use the metal CE2's and am satisfied with them but it's time to try a few new things.
It's not unusual for them to stop wicking properly at half full. It's just one of the things you have to put up with if you want to use them. That's why I use the xl's. So far they are the only cartomizers I have tried that taste the same as dripping and I don't like the idea of inhaling melting polyfill.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
OK so I cleaned off my mod and the table and emptied it and refilled in not sure why it was leaking like a sieve now if I could just solve the wicking issue and the carto was changeable it would be a OK product but I don't think I'll buy another

I'm still waiting on my stone tank, but a lot of times with the visions clearos, they will taste kind of burnt until the atomizer is broken in good. I recommend a dry-burn.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
I'm still waiting on my stone tank, but a lot of times with the visions clearos, they will taste kind of burnt until the atomizer is broken in good. I recommend a dry-burn.
Have you tried putting a drop or two of juice directly on the coil when you start one. That would be after filling the cartomizer.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
Have you tried putting a drop or two of juice directly on the coil when you start one. That would be after filling the cartomizer.

I always let them soak a little while after I fill them, but it seems like the ce2s just have some stuff that has to be burnt off before they start working really well?

TotallyHemp

Apr 11, 2011
Illinois
OK I just recieved my Stone tank.... not being a huge fan or having luck with regular CE2's .... I decided to try this anywho because I have a huge likeness to the tanks in general.... I filled mine with 100% VG and let set for few hours b4 I fired it up... was going well at a low voltage 3.0-3.5.... anything above that I was getting a burnt taste.... then I wise friend of mine (or wiser than me anyways) said the tip it upside down on occassion and now it has been working/tasting great at 4.2! I guess this is a known thing you have to do with CE2's but my lack of patients in general, I guess I missed that somehow... :) Imagine that! I am not quite half through the tank as of yet... but I certainly will report back if I run across anymore issues.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I find that I use mine in the horizontal position for every vape, keeps it from burning for me.
OK I just recieved my Stone tank.... not being a huge fan or having luck with regular CE2's .... I decided to try this anywho because I have a huge likeness to the tanks in general.... I filled mine with 100% VG and let set for few hours b4 I fired it up... was going well at a low voltage 3.0-3.5.... anything above that I was getting a burnt taste.... then I wise friend of mine (or wiser than me anyways) said the tip it upside down on occassion and now it has been working/tasting great at 4.2! I guess this is a known thing you have to do with CE2's but my lack of patients in general, I guess I missed that somehow... :) Imagine that! I am not quite half through the tank as of yet... but I certainly will report back if I run across anymore issues.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I have the cartzilla and the vision stone tanks both exactly the same tank with 2.0 -2.2 rated ce2s.
With my juice it gives a burnt taste at 3.7 volts on a vv set low no burnt taste.

I then took off porcelain top and its 2 wires from a 3.0 ce2 and silver soldered it onto the airtube and it now works great at 3.7 volts with no burnt taste and wicks great as well.

i do not like that i cannot easily change out the ce2 in these tanks . I cut my own for my acorn tank and its very inexpensive than paying 4-5.00 for a replacement.
So what i did was put aside that bottom screw cap and used a 5/8 OD X 5/16ID with o-ring at first it started to show juice where it met the tube, this morning i took apart washed everything and reinstalled a little deeper into the tank and after several hours of vaping i see no juice where they meet im keeping my fingers crossed as this setup now enable me to change out the ce2 very easily .

As a note be careful and lubricate the silicone nipple and just under it with some juice before screwing top cap as it can spin the whole assembly and after screwing cap on and off for filling of the tank your spot welded wired can break lose rendering your ce2 dead.

Here are pictures of the vinyl grommet used these pictures were taken and afterwards as mentioned i did see some juice trying to go pass it,but now setting it deeper slightly it seems to have fixed that problem.

What i would like to see eventually is a permanent pressed in fitted 510 connector in the bottom metal screw cap so one could just simply unscrew the ce2 to change it when it dies.

Tank looks great on my megalodon .

The Arry ACTV3 tank has a permanent one in its bottom screw cap but i do not use carts.
dieseler-albums-vision-stone-cartzilla-modification-picture72061-hpim3744-small.jpg

dieseler-albums-vision-stone-cartzilla-modification-picture72062-hpim3747-small.jpg

dieseler-albums-vision-stone-cartzilla-modification-picture72063-hpim3748-small.jpg

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
Just got my stone tank and stardust in today. I love, love, love them. I received the black metal flat-sided drip tip with mine. I don't know if that is what normally comes with them or if that was substituted (I remember them saying they ran short on black ones?). The tank is very well made, but that makes it a bit heavy. It runs just fine on an ego, but looks and feels better on a bigger battery mod. As for the stardust, I'm going to be ordering several more when they come back in stock. I can't recommend them enough for an ego!

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Got my Stones last Saturday noon, been vaping one like a fool ever since. If it holds 5mL I vape at least two loads a day. I haven't verified what it holds, suspect it's 4.2mL's I've seen posted somewhere else. Prior to the Stone I used Vision Extreme, 3.5mL. I only vape my ProVari for the past year or so. Took Big Batts and Bigger Quantity Cartos/Tanks to finally get me off of analogs totally. I smoked analogs more than 52 years, 2.5 pad when I quit. Been more than 10 months since my last now. I DIY my eLIquid, have for a year and a half. When I first started using I bought a bunch of other peoples discards, found Cinnamon, never looked back. Well, Cinnamon destroyed most the coils and most the containers I used for vaping. Decided to give up the Cinnamon, also, accidentally at the same time left the Nicotine out of my DIY batch. Have migrated from 100% VG, through 50/50 blend. Now settled on 75% PG/ 25% VG. I experienced a nasal drip, accumulated a phlegm build up, and had a cough, w/greater percentage VG. And, It coats the inside of my automobile windshield with a film in a week. At the reduced ratio things are alot easier to live with. And, since dropping the Cinnamon, my coils last forever it seems. I'm really liking the latest Vision evolution, "the Stone", screw caps are a great improvement. Remains to be seen how long the "custom" coil lasts, and what the cost to replace will be. I'd love to see Stainless Steel top caps, but prolly too much to ask for. Maybe I'll see if someone can "tool" my SS Torpedo top cap to fit the Stone. I don't know why common sence isn't that common anymore. Far as I'm concerned. . .a Clear tank dictates a Clear DT. Who the heck came up with white or black. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:

scribes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
MN
Just got the stone tank today, he mentions a longer "break in" time... is that the burnt taste? I literally just filled it up and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.. each vape i get alittle more flavor, but theres a strange burnt undertone, really subtle though.

Can anyone else that just got one of these confirm the same taste? Im hoping so...else maybe i got a bad one, cause right off the bat, first hit, tasted my juice, and burnt undertone...small hit.

I do have this to say though, SUPER WARM and AMAZING vapor production....side by side dripping, tube tank with polyfilled carto, and this stone tank, at least twice the vapor and heat if not triple. Serious business.

Hope that burnt taste goes away.

Looks like maybe it just doesnt wick that well? Or thats part of the break in process? After playing with it a little bit, doing some priming/dry hits, it got a really really strong juice flavor without any burn taste.

Last edited:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
For me personally with a megalodon and with the juice i use i could not get rid of the burnt taste unless on my vv box with volts turned down low and thats with the ce2 well seasoned i very familiar with ce2s. :)
I just never used a ce2 in this low range until now.

I changed out the ce2 on several stone tanks to a 2.8 and a 3.0 and my juice is great tasting with no bad taste at all.
I felt for me personally with my setup the 2.0 -2.2 ohm ce2 was to low.

I saw for me personally cause my juice may act different with a low ohm ce2 at 3.7 volts as i vape 100%pg 555 juice but thats my experience only and have read others have had no problem.

Scribes Bad did mention in future they will have higher rated ce2s for this tank and its my hope they will also have a permanent fixed 510 connector in that bottom cap to easily change out the ce2s as well i feel that would be ideal for us ce2 users similar to the actv3 cart tank.

Just got the stone tank today, he mentions a longer "break in" time... is that the burnt taste? I literally just filled it up and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.. each vape i get alittle more flavor, but theres a strange burnt undertone, really subtle though.

Can anyone else that just got one of these confirm the same taste? Im hoping so...else maybe i got a bad one, cause right off the bat, first hit, tasted my juice, and burnt undertone...small hit.

I do have this to say though, SUPER WARM and AMAZING vapor production....side by side dripping, tube tank with polyfilled carto, and this stone tank, at least twice the vapor and heat if not triple. Serious business.

Hope that burnt taste goes away.

Looks like maybe it just doesnt wick that well? Or thats part of the break in process? After playing with it a little bit, doing some priming/dry hits, it got a really really strong juice flavor without any burn taste.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY

It's not unusual for the visions to have a little burnt taste at first. I chalk it up to the bigger coils having more "stuff" to burn off. What always works for me is to heat the coils up and burn off the funk, then they vape great. Of course, do this at your own risk, but I've never popped one this way, even vaping at 4.9v.

Last edited:

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
no i ordered for me, my wife and my father in law, so 3 each? I get the extra! Since I finally learned how to dry burn them to clean them, I feel pretty comfortable having 3 each, my father in law has been using the same 5x 3.5ml ce2? for the last 6 months, though he is down to 3 since i didnt really know that your not supposed to scrape the black stuff off the coils (and shred the wick...)

These are (i hope) gonna be the last new item I have to buy for them, ill still be experimenting, but htey like simple, easy and durable.

TotallyHemp

Apr 11, 2011
Illinois
Thats cool... I have to order stuff for my dad as well.... he has no internet and wont do the phone order thing... I also make all his juice for him....

I was just messin with you... hope they work out well for you .... I have not messed with a CE2 long enough to even worrie about the dry burn...yadda yadda....lol ... but so far I am liking this tank as well as my others with the carto's.

I just have patients that dont play nice with me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread