Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I have not had any leaks on mine. Was it loose at all? I'm always checking to make sure mine are tight.
OK so now I am a weee bit POed.... noticed yesterday the side of my LT was wet... wiped it clean and went along with my bussiness.... came home today and again wet.... seems as though my stone tank is leaking at the bottom threads.... GRRRRR

I have it filled with 100% VG.... anyone else have this problem yet?

scribes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
MN
I cant get this thing to hit right for the life of me. Mines not leaking, but jesus what the .... its really pissing me off. Its either gargle gargle or plasticy dry hit taste...

I am hitting it like once or twice and hour, sitting it on its side, tipping it over from time to time, etc.. dunno what the deal is, keep taking the cap off nothings burnt... If this is still a break in period then its not worth it to me.

Anyone else? or just me?

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I would flip it upside down and remove the bottom and dry the threads on each piece. The put it back together and see what happens.
Nope did not seem loose... I had noticed that I could see the juice running down the threads... guess it's like the energizer bunny...keeps going and going lol .... (not really laughing btw) :)

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Next time you have the tank empty, clean and dry the wicks. Then take a lighter (preferably a torch type) and burn the wicks until there is no more smoke. Put it together, fill and try again. Thats what I do with all my CE2's. I hate that nasty break-in taste.
I cant get this thing to hit right for the life of me. Mines not leaking, but jesus what the .... its really pissing me off. Its either gargle gargle or plasticy dry hit taste...

I am hitting it like once or twice and hour, sitting it on its side, tipping it over from time to time, etc.. dunno what the deal is, keep taking the cap off nothings burnt... If this is still a break in period then its not worth it to me.

Anyone else? or just me?

scribes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
MN
Well scribes seems like you have patients like me... lol or lack there of.... hope it gets better for you... guess I will stick with the carto tanks myself... I have 3 others (two types) and like them both and the DC ones are only 11.99.. so yeah...

I had previously been using a tube tank from volcano with some dual coil carts...which i liked, but thought this thing would be better. I have another tube tank on the way from madvapes which i believe is the same as the volcano....just rebranded... and some more carts at various ohms to try. The replacement carts are only $2.30 from madvapes and i already got a week out of one..others are claiming 6+ months sometimes... thats pretty damn cheap, and a nice hit as well. Im gonna give Ricks tips a try, see if that helps, if not, the tube tank is doing the job!

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
It really is nasty. Burning it will really clean it up. From what I've learned, they come with some kind of film on the wicks. When you burn it with the lighter, you should remember the nasty taste you had when you first vaped it.
Thanks for the tip, i will dump out and try that tonight as its not even worth it to hit right now, the taste is horrid.

TotallyHemp

Apr 11, 2011
Illinois
The dual coils from mad vapes I have two of as well....only problems I have ran into with them is sometimes I have to tweak the center post because the connection is not tight and it wont fire... but have only had to do that a couple times... I also have the AL Liquinator and have not had any issues with that one...however they are a bit more pricey.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Where do i start. Ok i will start with the pretty lady after all Ladies first. :)
Totally Hemp it just happened to me yesterday i have 5 of these tanks and some are in use not all of them.
I also noticed one leaking at the bottom cap and im familar with tanks what i did was turn tank around and switch caps and it still leaks.
For me personally as i like to change out the ce2 to my desired ohm i did this to another stone tank
dieseler-albums-vision-stone-cartzilla-modification-picture72061-hpim3744-small.jpg

Now it took a day but i found juice where the grommet meets the tube after a few hours.
To combat that i wrapped white water teflon tape around the o-ring 3 times on the grommet and there it is fine now.
These caps that come with the tanks evidently are not foolproof yet and hopefully there is a revision soon.
Like i said i even put that leaking cap on the other end of the tube and same thing happened.

Scribes yeah they worked fine with my first tank full of juice then learned i had to fiddle with it to get it to work properly.
The ce2s top porcelain cap has a little play it can move up or down a tiny bit .

What works for me when i get gurgling
I blow through the mouthpiece to clear airtube,
I remove mouthpiece and clean the resevoir of juice thats right under the mouthpiece.
The i pull "up" gently on the porcelain cap until,it goes no further - reason for this is if it slips on the tube a little downwards when you put tank back together the silicon cap will not meet the top metal cap and juice gets into the coil area when held in horizontal position and the gurgling begins as the airtube get juice into it.

So pull up "gently" on porcelain cup until it stops.
Lube silicone nipple a little with juice and line up the notches woth the wicks and place it over the coil gently or you will push it back down again.

Screw place cover over nipple and screw it slowly so the silicone cover does not turn.
This all seems like a hassle and is a little of a fuss but i find this works for me.
I still once in a while have to blow out the tank and clean the resevoir with each tank full but it works really well for me .

Also i find that that rated 2.0-2.2 ohn ce2 just give me a burnt taste no matter what on my megalodon and since have swictched it to a higher ohm ce2 and i get a great taste with my 100% pg that i vape.

Sorry for the long post but if it can help some folks great.

TotallyHemp

Apr 11, 2011
Illinois
OHHHHH Dieseler that is sweet... but I am so not able to understand those pictures lol... I seen one of those pipe cutter things the other day and was going to get one to use to slit my carto's for my tanks... then decided to go with the valve punch thingy :D
Anywho maybe I will just wait until they get the replacement bottom caps and order that and see what happens....

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Totally Hemp the gromett is 5/8 OD -outside diameter the inside hole is 5/16 ID -inside diameter that the ce2 goes into and fits nice and tight.
I put aside the metal bottom cap and its no longer being used.
I use the gromett instead with o-ring that fit in a grove going around the grommet -can be seen in the pics
I then wrapped the outside of grommet 3 times with teflon tape made for water not the one for gas pipesand wiggled it into the bottom of tube.
dieseler-albums-vision-stone-cartzilla-modification-picture72118-hpim3751-small.jpg

this picture shows it without the teflon tape then it leaked a little at the 3 o'clock position if you look close you can see it just starting . i took this pic before it was then wrapped with tape.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Can you post a pic?
Looks like the heating element is burning the little plastic white dish that it sits in, or just above. Where the wicks come in, the plastic is black and appears to be touching the heating element. I moved it around, but it hits one side or the other.. Gotta be my burnt taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread