New to cartotanks and IBTanked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewer26

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
NY
Hi all,

Just got an IBtanked and wow! Flavor is fantastic compared with plain tanks. My only question concerns the sound. It's a very loud crackly vape compared with my tanks. Is this normal? It doesn't bother me but just wondering. Though it will be hard to stealth vape with this thing.

Anyways I'm definitely getting more of these bad boys.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

txcolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Plano, TX
It is all good my friend! That sound is normal and means your tank and carto are functioning perfectly. After awhile you won't notice it much unless you don't hear it. If you push your power button and don't hear it then you start getting concerned.

The key is in the prime and it sounds like you have already got that down. Congrats and enjoy!

JoppaRoadCruiser

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
Welcome to the carto tanks! I no longer use my aspire bdc tanks since getting a 19 mm xl ibtanked. Flavor, vapor production, and throat hit are far superior in a carto tank. Also make sure to stock up on single coil cartos.....I'm having a hell of a time finding them in stock. Local b&m sells double coil ones and my mvp doesn't have enough capacity to give me the 8 watts per coil I was enjoying on my 2.0 ohm single coils. Waiting on ibtanked to restock so I can make a large purchase and not have to worry about this issue in the future.

acka

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Just got an IBtanked and wow! Flavor is fantastic compared with plain tanks.

Just wondering, do different tanks really affect flavour etc.? I would have thought that as it's coming out of the cartomizer the shell wouldn't matter. If it does I'm in as I'm using pretty cheap plastic tanks at the moment.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Just wondering, do different tanks really affect flavour etc.? I would have thought that as it's coming out of the cartomizer the shell wouldn't matter. If it does I'm in as I'm using pretty cheap plastic tanks at the moment.
It's not much of a difference between using plastic vs pyrex vs stainless steel tanks. However, just as people prefer different drip tip materials, people will prefer using one over the other for different reasons.

Plastic will be less expensive and you'll be able to see the juice easily. Some people can taste the plastic, most can't. Also, some flavors can etch, crack, or melt the plastic and ruin the tank. Something Safe for Cinnamon & Citrus Flavors. Inexpensive plastic tanks in general are a lesser quality tank with poorer quality end caps & o-rings.

All-metal tanks can be used and are an option if using the above tank cracking flavors. They are extremely durable. However you won't be able to see how much juice you have in your tank to know when to refill it.

Pyrex tanks appear to be the most popular and most common. With glass being an inert material, it will not impart any additional taste to the e-liquid like a plastic tank might. You also can easily see the juice level, and is safe to use with the tank cracker flavors. Pyrex tanks are as a general rule a higher quality tank with better o-rings and better machined end caps. Definitely worth the investment for the higher cost.

There's a reason that restaurants use glass drinking utensils rather than metal or plastic....they look and taste better.

Last edited:

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
It is all good my friend! That sound is normal and means your tank and carto are functioning perfectly. After awhile you won't notice it much unless you don't hear it. If you push your power button and don't hear it then you start getting concerned.

The key is in the prime and it sounds like you have already got that down. Congrats and enjoy!

good to know the crackly sound is normal. i bought an ibtanked a few weeks ago and was beginning to think maybe i wasn't loading the juice correctly. though the crackly sound kinda bothers my partner when we're watching tv and i fire it up.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    good to know the crackly sound is normal. i bought an ibtanked a few weeks ago and was beginning to think maybe i wasn't loading the juice correctly. though the crackly sound kinda bothers my partner when we're watching tv and i fire it up.

Some cartos are louder than others, some quiet down after awhile. Definitely hard to stealth vape with sometimes!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread