New to DIY E-juice and I need some help T~T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexing

May 19, 2018
Hey, I have been vaping for almost 5 years and I started making my own juices a few months ago. However, I have encountered a reacquiring problem. 1 My juice is Flavorless regardless of how little or lot of juice percent I use, I never go higher then 20% and 2 my juices are rather harsh for the first few hits. From my tests I have deduced this, Its not my coil, Happens with new ones and I take good care of it. Its not my Nic, I have bought a 100% PG nic base and a 48% VG Nic base and the 48 is a little less harsh but not by much, it happens with all the flavors I use. Also, My gf hates the way my flavors taste, But honestly I cant even taste anything with them. I need help please, any advice will be great T~T.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Hey, I have been vaping for almost 5 years and I started making my own juices a few months ago. However, I have encountered a reacquiring problem. 1 My juice is Flavorless regardless of how little or lot of juice percent I use, I never go higher then 20% and 2 my juices are rather harsh for the first few hits. From my tests I have deduced this, Its not my coil, Happens with new ones and I take good care of it. Its not my Nic, I have bought a 100% PG nic base and a 48% VG Nic base and the 48 is a little less harsh but not by much, it happens with all the flavors I use. Also, My gf hates the way my flavors taste, But honestly I cant even taste anything with them. I need help please, any advice will be great T~T.

If you post an example recipe you've tried, including exact measures of every ingredient, which nic-base you are using, and what target strength you are mixing for, I'm sure someone here may be able to help you out.

Vexing

May 19, 2018
If you post an example recipe you've tried, including exact measures of every ingredient, which nic-base you are using, and what target strength you are mixing for, I'm sure someone here may be able to help you out.
Nicotine base (VG) 3.75 4.28
Flavor 1 (PG) 3.90 4.09
VG 17.79 22.44
PG 4.56 4.73
Sum 30.00 35.53
This is a simple juice I made a day or so ago to test, 30ml batch with the only flavor being TFA Blueberry with a 48 100vg base Nic making a 70vg 30pg base

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Flavor 1 (PG) 3.90 4.09
VG 17.79 22.44
PG 4.56 4.73
Sum 30.00 35.53
This is a simple juice I made a day or so ago to test, 30ml batch with the only flavor being TFA Blueberry with a 48 100vg base Nic making a 70vg 30pg base
Hi,
Which TFA Blueberry are you using?
What device and topper are you using?
At what resistance and power level?

How long did you smoke and how long have you been vaping exclusively?
Using the info above, you are trying to make 6mg/ml juice, is that correct?
Do you have sinus issues or suffer from seasonal allergies?

Cheers
I

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
For vapers tongue:
Bits of croissant followed by a mouthful of distilled water, then spit out after swishing is said to refresh the pallet. Bread absorbs flavors, saltines can be used to stimulate taste buds back to normal. Malt vinegar mouthwash it's said to clean the palate, then vape right away.
Arm & Hammer Dental Care Fluoride Toothpaste is suppose to prevent vaper mouth.
harsh for the first few hits
Your problem could result from many causes. Some remedies have been mentioned. My first recommendation of this type is to try to vape by eliminating all possible causes first. Could try vaping VG only and see if the harshness goes away. If is does, suspect PG intolerance and/or ohms/high heat problem. If it does not go a way, VG intolerance and/or ohms/high heat problem. If PG/VG ok then add nic and check. I left out a few steps but you get the idea. Test by process of elimination. Could read through these:
Why is My Ejuice Harsh? (Updated) – DIY OR DIE Vaping
Why Your E Juice Tastes Harsh (And How To Fix It...)
The Vaper`s Guide to PG and VG Allergies (and what to do about them)
PG Sensitivity
Harsh Juice? Some Troubleshooting Tips : DIY_eJuice
Wattage vs. Flavor | E-Cigarette Forum
How many watts do you vape at?
How to adjust your base to reduce that peppery harsh Nicotine taste | E-Cigarette Forum

• Informative
Reactions: gerrymi

Vexing

May 19, 2018
Hi,
Which TFA Blueberry are you using?
What device and topper are you using?
At what resistance and power level?

How long did you smoke and how long have you been vaping exclusively?
Using the info above, you are trying to make 6mg/ml juice, is that correct?
Do you have sinus issues or suffer from seasonal allergies?

Cheers
I
Blueberry Wild
Prince TFV12 with 0.15 Mesh
Geek Vape's Aegis
3.20 Volts at 70 watts

Vexing

May 19, 2018
Welcome and glad you joined.
For vapers tongue:
Bits of croissant followed by a mouthful of distilled water, then spit out after swishing is said to refresh the pallet. Bread absorbs flavors, saltines can be used to stimulate taste buds back to normal. Malt vinegar mouthwash it's said to clean the palate, then vape right away.
Arm & Hammer Dental Care Fluoride Toothpaste is suppose to prevent vaper mouth.

Your problem could result from many causes. Some remedies have been mentioned. My first recommendation of this type is to try to vape by eliminating all possible causes first. Could try vaping VG only and see if the harshness goes away. If is does, suspect PG intolerance and/or ohms/high heat problem. If it does not go a way, VG intolerance and/or ohms/high heat problem. If PG/VG ok then add nic and check. I left out a few steps but you get the idea. Test by process of elimination. Could read through these:
Why is My Ejuice Harsh? (Updated) – DIY OR DIE Vaping
Why Your E Juice Tastes Harsh (And How To Fix It...)
The Vaper`s Guide to PG and VG Allergies (and what to do about them)
PG Sensitivity
Harsh Juice? Some Troubleshooting Tips : DIY_eJuice
Wattage vs. Flavor | E-Cigarette Forum
How many watts do you vape at?
How to adjust your base to reduce that peppery harsh Nicotine taste | E-Cigarette Forum
That actually reminds me of some Flavor tests I did recently where I used just the Flavor and PG and it hit fine, Not harsh at all but the flavor was still really muted. Ima make a 50/50 batch and get back to you, Hopefully it doesn't flood my coil.

Vexing

May 19, 2018
Update... For Science
After Making the 50/50 Batch with the only flavor being 20% of TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, I let it sit for roughly an hour or so after brushing my teeth with baking soda and eating a few Saltines. I have made these discoveries as an Immediate result. Note that I made a 0 nic batch first, then added the nic later at 6 percent with a 48 100vg base. these are the results from my tests with 0 nic.
1. The flavor comes through slightly better, Might need more time steeping and that could be my problem is I am impatient and done usually steep my juices.
2. Harshness is almost completely gone, A slight throat hit which at a level that I actually enjoy.
3. No Leaking as of yet, however, we shall see how it is after the end of the workday.

I will come back with another update after work and we shall see how this juice is now that I have added Nic

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Flavor 1 (PG) 3.90 4.09
VG 17.79 22.44
PG 4.56 4.73
Sum 30.00 35.53

I can hardly taste TFA blueberry either. There are a few that are nearly flavorless to me, like pomegranate and teas... I can taste Capella blueberries though. You might try a different brand.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Vexing

May 19, 2018
I can hardly taste TFA blueberry either. There are a few that are nearly flavorless to me, like pomegranate and teas... I can taste Capella blueberries though. You might try a different brand.
You know, That makes alot of sense, my first purchase of flavors where mostly Cap but I wanted to try TFA and Flavor Art as well as the Nic river brand, So far the TFA have been pretty lackluster.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
You know, That makes alot of sense, my first purchase of flavors where mostly Cap but I wanted to try TFA and Flavor Art as well as the Nic river brand, So far the TFA have been pretty lackluster.

I tend to like tfa, it’s just some of their flavors, for whatever reason, I can’t taste. I’m testing Cap blueberry jam right now, and I can taste that. It’s a fresh mix so I don’t know how well I’ll like it, but at least there’s flavor! :D

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Blueberry Wild
Prince TFV12 with 0.15 Mesh
Geek Vape's Aegis
3.20 Volts at 70 watts
I gave up on TFA Blueberry.
IMO, if you mix the the three TFA bbrys, (i don't remember the ratios) it makes a nice accent to a stronger flavor like a custard or tobacco, but stand alone it's weak and disappointing.

I have a recipe in my EJMU called BBkiller. (all TFA flavours)
It is dated Sept 2014 and I think I found it on a UK forum.
The recipe calls for a mix of BB extra/BBwild/BB candy and 1.5% of lemon water.
Total percentage is over 40% flavor.
I have never mixed up a batch and 40% flavor seems outrageous. PM for the recipe :shock:

You might like Blue Raspberry Slushie from One stop.
One Stop Flavors - Blue Raspberry Slush - 30mL
slushie-png-1-80-large-slushie-300-5.png

Cheers
I

• Agree
Reactions: DeloresRose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread