New to DIY e-liquids !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
i am new to diy e-liquids and i feel i need some help so i can make this in the correct way !
I have :
100% PG Base 20mg nicotine (100ml)
100% VG Base 0mg nicotine (100ml)
4 Flavors

I Found a recipe on the internet for a juice i want and i want it to be :
Quantity : 30ml
70%PG
30%VG (I suppose the nicotine after this will be around 13-15mg because my VG is 0mg nicotine but i dont care)

And the recipe says ( for the flavors )
12.5% (Flavor 1)
2.5% ( Flavor 2)
2% Acetyl Pyrazine
3% Ethyl Maltol

Can somebody tell me exactly how much "ml" i must use from each one of these?

Thank you !!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!:)

For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum. You will not be able to post there until you get in your first 5 posts and the servers update at :25 past the hour. Make sure to read all the "stickies". Also check out the blogs by ECF members Hoosier & dannyv45.

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
Hello,
i am new to diy e-liquids and i feel i need some help so i can make this in the correct way !
I have :
4 Flavors

70%PG
30%VG (I suppose the nicotine after this will be around 13-15mg because my VG is 0mg nicotine but i dont care)

12.5% (Flavor 1)
2.5% ( Flavor 2)
2% Acetyl Pyrazine
3% Ethyl Maltol

Thank you !!

It's really just simple math for the flavors
.125 x 30 = 3.75ml
.025 x 30 = .75 ml
.02 x 30 = .60 ml
.03 x 30 = .90 ml

You don't say what you want your nic level to be so that's all I can do for now.

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hello,
I have :
4 Flavors

70%PG

12.5% (Flavor 1)
2.5% ( Flavor 2)
2% Acetyl Pyrazine
3% Ethyl Maltol

Thank you !!

One thing i dont understand with eJuiceMeUp is where it says for example :
Nicotine e-juice : 21ml
PG : 0.3ml
VG : 2.7ml
My PG and VG Bottles have already nicotine inside. So thats were i find it difficult to understand ! i have a bottle 100% PG 20mg nicotine and 100%VG 0mg nicotine

O.k. Let me see if I can help a bit....

There are some variables here where you may have to give a little in order to obtain desired results. Are you willing to give on your PG/VG ratio, or are you willing to give on your nicotine level?

If you hold fast on the PG/VG, then you need a total of 21mL (70% of 30mL) of PG-based liquid (flavors and nicotine) and 9mL (30% of 30mL) of unflavored/non-nicotine VG.

Of the 21mL of PG-based liquid, 6mL (20% total volume) will be the flavorings. That leaves 15mL (1/2 total liquid volume) for the 20mg/mL nicotine PG, which then yields a total nic level of only 10mg.

Because of the nicotine base you have, you would have to sacrifice VG in order to achieve a higher nicotine level.

Your flavors total 20% of TOTAL LIQUID VOLUME (i.e. 20% of 30mL = 6mL total FLAVORING)

Flavor #1 - 12.5% * 30mL = 3.75mL
Flavor #2 - 2.5% * 30mL = 0.75mL
Acetyl Pyrazine - 2% * 30mL = .6mL
Ethyl Maltol - 3% * 30mL = 0.9mL

3.75 + .75 + .6 + .9 = 6mL flavorings.

HTH

Last edited:
Thank you guys ! Thats exactly what i wanted to know ! :) I dont care for the nicotine level, in fact for a long time now i want to reduce it ! i've been on 18+mg nicotine for about 2 years now. One thing i am thinking right now is about acetyl pyrazine and ethyl maltol. I read articles that these are dangerous to inhale. For example pyrazine that can cause a disease " pop corn lungs " ? o_O but i sent an email on perfumers apprentice and the answer was that both of them are as dangerous or safe as the flavors we use. e-liquids are not tested yet for long-term use and inhalation. So its difficult to answer :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread