The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dragon Blood Clone?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by profector, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. profector

profector Full Member Verified Member

Wondering if anyone has tried to make something like this before, and how it worked out for them? Went to Flavor Apprentice and bought everything needed. The recipe I found calls for 1% Ethyl Maltol. Flavor Apprentice said "Pure ethyl maltol crystals. These can be dissolved in alcohol or Propylene Glycol @ 10%. (use a little heat)" I'm wondering if the 1% is the dry crystals or the dissolved ethyl maltol.

Base Mix made
    PG\flavoring - 21%
    VG - 79%
    VG Nicotine Base - 100mg
    Target Nic - 18mg

Recipe
    Nic Base - 18%
    VG - 61%
    Dragon fruit - 10%
    Strawberry - 4%
    Bavarian Cream - 2%
    Sweet Cream - 1%
    Vanilla Swirl - 3%
    Ethyl Maltol - 1%

2. Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2013
    Flat Rock, MI, USA
  3. profector

Does look close. What did you use for the sweetener?

4. Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2013
    Flat Rock, MI, USA
    I used the TFA sweetener. The original recipe called for EM but I felt like trying sweetener instead (it's Sucralose), I was using it in a couple of the other recipes already and figured why not. Probably try it with the EM next time to compare them.
    Sweetener Flavor Concentrate (TFA)

Cheers,
    Steve

5. profector

I made 10ml of this recipe that night, but I ended up adding two drops of lemon juice two drops of PGA and increasing all the other ingredients by 50%. I did that because the last few times I've mixed the favor went away with 48 hours, and I had to add water because I was getting too many dry hits.

The first night it tasted like crap. The next day it was little better but still not good. I just tried it again today and it was much much better. Lets see where it is in a few days :) Oh.. when I made up this batch I added the Ethyl Maltol straight to the mix and dropped the bottle in hot water to help it them dissolve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.