Dragon Blood Clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

profector

Verified Member
Wondering if anyone has tried to make something like this before, and how it worked out for them? Went to Flavor Apprentice and bought everything needed. The recipe I found calls for 1% Ethyl Maltol. Flavor Apprentice said "Pure ethyl maltol crystals. These can be dissolved in alcohol or Propylene Glycol @ 10%. (use a little heat)" I'm wondering if the 1% is the dry crystals or the dissolved ethyl maltol.

Base Mix made
PG\flavoring - 21%
VG - 79%
VG Nicotine Base - 100mg
Target Nic - 18mg

Recipe
Nic Base - 18%
VG - 61%
Dragon fruit - 10%
Strawberry - 4%
Bavarian Cream - 2%
Sweet Cream - 1%
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
Ethyl Maltol - 1%

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Last edited:

profector

Verified Member
I made 10ml of this recipe that night, but I ended up adding two drops of lemon juice two drops of PGA and increasing all the other ingredients by 50%. I did that because the last few times I've mixed the favor went away with 48 hours, and I had to add water because I was getting too many dry hits.

The first night it tasted like crap. The next day it was little better but still not good. I just tried it again today and it was much much better. Lets see where it is in a few days :) Oh.. when I made up this batch I added the Ethyl Maltol straight to the mix and dropped the bottle in hot water to help it them dissolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread