New to E cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffman

May 24, 2012
Houston
Hello. I'm puffman. Never smoked cigarettes in my life but always enjoyed a few black and milds as well as cigarillos. Always enjoyed the calming effects of nicotine but never have been a daily smoker. My roommate introduced me to e-cigs by way of a smoke stik. I enjoyed it. Especially since I use to smoke cigarillos quite often and miss the oral fixation, the calming effects and the hobby itself. I decided to pick up a few disposables (blu / others) and enjoyed the flavors and the ability to be able to vape at work in my office. Now I'm hooked and enjoy the habit immensely. I ordered a blu smart pack despite the negative reviews on here for blu and so far am really enjoying it. I would like to find some compatible blank cartomizers for it so I can drip my own juice to branch out and try different flavors. Any advice is welcome. For now, I don't intend to buy another system for a while, so anyone who knows exactly where I can buy some blu compatible blanks and where to get great e juice I'd appreciate the advice.

Puffman.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Welcome to ECF, puffman!nWell after taking a look around, it seems that any 510 or 306 threaded cartomizer will work on the Blu. It seems to take a L88 carto, but the threading is the same as the 510 or 306. Just make sure to use Standard Resistance (SR) cartos with the Blu battery. On a side note, if it matters, they might be slightly wider than the Blu battery and not sit flush with the body. Good luck!

puffman

May 24, 2012
Houston
Welcome to ECF, puffman!nWell after taking a look around, it seems that any 510 or 306 threaded cartomizer will work on the Blu. It seems to take a L88 carto, but the threading is the same as the 510 or 306. Just make sure to use Standard Resistance (SR) cartos with the Blu battery. On a side note, if it matters, they might be slightly wider than the Blu battery and not sit flush with the body. Good luck!

Thanks PittBoss. Ha I'm a major Steelers fan. From Pennsylvania originally. So is there any particular place that sells the right cartomizer that you are referring to? I'm so green and confused. So many polarity and voltages and refill methods (condoms wtf) that I don't know where to buy from. I just want a cartomizer that is same size, color and works on the blu standard battery that is easy to refill.

puffman

May 24, 2012
Houston

puffman

May 24, 2012
Houston
Also, if you decide to try VapeDudes, use the code "Vapedudes" for 40% off and "fbfree" for a free 10ml bottle..I believe you could use both codes for the same order.

Cool. Thanks. Wow so many flavors to choose from. The two I've heard about that I want to try are sour green apple and strawberry cheesecake. Don't see the sour apple one on those sites but did find a strawberry cheeseccake at pink spot. Man this process can be intimidating to a rookie.

puffman

May 24, 2012
Houston
Well, after a night in which 2 of my blu batteries died very quick and their cartomizers dried up way too fast, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a KGO kit from hoosiers with a clearomizer. I also ordered some juices from avejuice. I still have time to return the blu kit and get my money back. Here's hoping I am making a wiser choice. I really need a powerful all day vape solution. I wanted something that looked cig like but I am realizing I am giving up too many options including long lasting batteries and flavor by doing so. At least I learn fast, I suppose. Wish I hadn't ordered extra prefilled Blu cartos. They are in the mail as we speak. There is $30 down the drain. GRRRR.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Well, after a night in which 2 of my blu batteries died very quick and their cartomizers dried up way too fast, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a KGO kit from hoosiers with a clearomizer. I also ordered some juices from avejuice. I still have time to return the blu kit and get my money back. Here's hoping I am making a wiser choice. I really need a powerful all day vape solution. I wanted something that looked cig like but I am realizing I am giving up too many options including long lasting batteries and flavor by doing so. At least I learn fast, I suppose. Wish I hadn't ordered extra prefilled Blu cartos. They are in the mail as we speak. There is $30 down the drain. GRRRR.

Well the KGO should be a great next step for you. I would recommend that you grab some more cartomizers as the cartridges that come with it are more miss than hit. You can always use the prefilled Blu cartos that you ordered as a backup or if your new liquids don't show up with the KGO kit..

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
They should..as I stated earlier, it's a 510 connection (Blu states L88, but it seems to be the same as 510). I would also guess that they are standard resistance and might not work great on the KGO, but it will still work. Not sure though about the resistance, but it's JC liquid and that's some good stuff..If you don't like the vapor from them on the KGO, just use em on your Blu batteries here and there or as a backup.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE

Nevermind..lol. I just caught the part about returning your Blu e-cigs. The cartos might not be great on the KGO, but will still work.

puffman

May 24, 2012
Houston
It was so confusing navigating this process: atomizers, cartomizers, clearomizers, whaddafudgeimizers, lol. I think I did good. KGO kit 1100 by SLB metallic red. 2 red stardust clearomizers, carrying case, boba's bounty and strawberry cheesecake 18mg bottles. I think that's everything I should need. I hear the stardust thingamajigs are good. I hope so. Are those what I need to do this whole "dripping" deal? I still have a hard time understanding if I bought the correct setup so I can have all day vaping with consistent flavor and monster clouds.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
With the kit from hoosier, you will get 2 atomizers and a pack of pre-filled cartridges. The cartridges fit onto the atomizer and it soaks up the liquid from the cartridge, at least it's supposed to. I tossed the cartridges and just use a Stardust or cartos on mine. You can still use the atomizers to direct drip, though, just might want to grab a drip tip so your lips don't get uncomfortable on the atty. Also, I don't think I can recommend using the Stardust with Boba's Bounty..it's pretty thick and probably wont wick well. You could just drip that into the atomizer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread