New to E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryGiant

Jan 13, 2010
San Diego, CA
The newbie thread was closed so I figured I would introduce myself. I'm 24 and had been smoking for about five years. I was dating and am now married to an asthmatic. This meant that smoking was not a long term option. I have tried to quit multiple time, but obviously never succeeded. I was drawn to e-smoking by a scam ad that plays on the radio here. After researching it, I discovered the scam, but was intrigued by the idea of e-cigs. I did some more searching and found a few different brands as well as a couple forums on e-cigs. Despite the nay sayers I went with blu. The blu pack is awesome. The ability to carry 5 spare cartridges, charge a battery, and have a full e-cig is definately worth the downside of blu.

I've had my blu for a few weeks now and am pleased with how it performs. The downside with blu is how long it takes them to ship. I was fortunate in that it only took about a week and a half for them to ship the starter kit. I'm waiting for my next set of cartridges and in the mean time I ordered the Johnson Creek Smoke juice starter pack. While I ordered them on the same day, it took 3 days to get the JC kit(still waiting for the blu order). I am not sure about all the things they send, specifically the syringes. For the most part I just use the travel droppers to refill my blu cartridges. That seems to work well. I got the 103 blank cartridges from JC, because I had read in a forum that they would fit the blu atty/battery. Unfortunately they don't. They are slightly larger than the atty casing and are too loose to work well. When I bought the kit it appeared to have a booklet of some sort regarding the usage of the items, but it was actually a pamphlet talking about e-smoking. Helpful, but not what I was expecting.

One of the questions I had about the atty: There were two layers on the tip of the atty. The outer layer frayed and now has completely come off. I disguarded it. I was wondering if this was normal. The atty still works and produces good vapor, it's just smaller and thinner now. I am glad that the kit came with 2 and that in my blu order I have 2 more on the way.

420GypsyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Near a beach in a desert.
Blu's are a hit amd miss product. Some of their kits are good and some are terrible. Glad you got a good one. :) As for the fraying of the atty. I have not had any of mine fray so I cannot say if it is a good or bad thing. Maybe someone else with knowledge of the Blu can enlighten you on this.

It is good though that you have made the switch like so many of us have. Spread the word and let others know of this wonderful product. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread