New to ECF have a question on the mvp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am new to vaping, have been for 2 months now and not 1 cig. I started out with an ego twist and just got a vamo a few days ago and love it. Now my wife wants a mod but hates the weight of my vamo (also hates how tall it is). She likes the size of the mvp 2.0 but is unsure of the weight and how hard the button is to push. Does anybody know how much it weighs?

scruffmagee

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Chicago, IL
thank you. i saw in a few reviews that the button is hard to push is that true? i have seen mixed feelings.
sorry missed the second part of your question. I don't find it hard to press at all. I only have the MVP1 though. I know the MVP2 has an improved button, but I don't know if it caused it to be a tighter push

I have not tried it but if weight and size are an issue it may be best to check some local shops. They may let her try them out to see what feels best for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I wish i had a shop close to me but the closest is 2hrs a way and i really dont wanna drive to sacramento

sorry missed the second part of your question. I don't find it hard to press at all. I only have the MVP1 though. I know the MVP2 has an improved button, but I don't know if it caused it to be a tighter push

I think I might just bite the bullet and order one. If she doesn't like it I will just use it, trade off with my vamo. Do you have any other suggestions on a light mod that isn't too expensive?

scruffmagee

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Chicago, IL
I think I might just bite the bullet and order one. If she doesn't like it I will just use it, trade off with my vamo. Do you have any other suggestions on a light mod that isn't too expensive?

As far as height it concerned, the MVP is probably your best bet. The iTaste VV is a decent kit, but it's similarly sized to an ego and it sounds like she doesn't want that (iTaste VV V3.0 - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin). The only other mods I've used are mechs, the SVD, and Smok SID. The SID and SVD are both tube mods that weight about the same as the Vamo.

You might want to let her know that the MVP is going to weigh about similar to the Vamo + 18650 battery

As far as height it concerned, the MVP is probably your best bet. The iTaste VV is a decent kit, but it's similarly sized to an ego and it sounds like she doesn't want that (iTaste VV V3.0 - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin). The only other mods I've used are mechs, the SVD, and Smok SID. The SID and SVD are both tube mods that weight about the same as the Vamo.

You might want to let her know that the MVP is going to weigh about similar to the Vamo + 18650 battery

Yes you are right she does not want the vv 3 cause its too long. I just weighed my vamo and it is not much more than the mvp. Maybe she will get use to the weight

Camden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming

It is a bit harder to push than the mvp 1; I saw a review where a bit of fuss was made about how hard it was to push, so today I felt compelled to take one out and see for myself. I really didn't see it being that hard. Is it as hair trigger as on ego batteries and such? No, not at all. But I still wouldn't say it's difficult to push. My hands aren't particularly strong either. There isn't really substantial pushback either (IE, once it's pushed in you don't have to keep up that same amount of force to keep it firing, it stays in quite easily until you let go)

Last edited:

scruffmagee

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Chicago, IL
It is a bit harder to push than the mvp 1; I saw a review where a bit of fuss was made about how hard it was to push, so today I felt compelled to take one out and see for myself. I really didn't see it being that hard. Is it as hair trigger as on ego batteries and such? No, not at all. But I still wouldn't say it's difficult to push. My hands aren't particularly strong either.

yeah I couldn't imagine it being too tight, but I couldn't say for sure

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I have a the MVP2 and it is the main pv that I use regularly. I don't think that the button is any harder to push than my regular ego batteries. I love it. It is a bit heavier than my regular ego setup but I like the fact that it is solid and does not feel fragile. I think it feels sturdy.
Hope this helps!
Good luck!!

Kerry Wu

Moved On
Oct 16, 2013
China
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
I have a the MVP2 and it is the main pv that I use regularly. I don't think that the button is any harder to push than my regular ego batteries. I love it. It is a bit heavier than my regular ego setup but I like the fact that it is solid and does not feel fragile. I think it feels sturdy.
Hope this helps!
Good luck!!
thank you I ordered it :)

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
I have no problems with the mvp 2 button-saw that in p busardo review and as a woman wasn't sure if I wanted something like that-I mean look how hard he was pushing and the measurement on his tool thing-a-ma-jig-well i'm a bit smaller built than him and wasn't sure. I also never considered a box mod my style because, well the thing in and of itself isn't girly at all...now if I spruce it up with a cover I could get it looking nicer(IMO). But the thing works wonderfully, it is easy, the battery life is wonderful, I actually get bummed when I have to charge it and get stuck using a twist because I prefer it much more. it is heavier than my twist and ego 650, but no concerns with that little bit of extra bulk, and it fits in my purse nicer without poking out and being a nuisance. If you two don't like it, I wouldn't see it as being hard to sell either-good little boxy thing that a lot seem to like:) i'm also not sure but I think they did something with the newer buttons to make them less hard to activate-either that or they do break in with a little bit of use-good luck!

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
thank you I ordered it :)

I think you will really like it. I had been using my Volcano Inferno and I was lucky enough to win the MVP from MtBaker Vapors at the Vegas Vapefest. It is on a whole different level than my Inferno. I honestly don't know how I got by for so long with the little Inferno batteries!! I got the kit with the itaste 30 tank, which I did not like at all, so I replaced it with the Protank 2. I absolutely love it! I carry it with me everywhere! You and your wife love it!
Good Luck and enjoy!!

One more thing that I wanted to add: the battery life on the MVP is awesome!! I gave it a full charge out of the box and it keeps a charge for at least 2 days at a time. It has a light warning system on the battery that is green when it has a full charge, yellow when it is getting low and red when it needs to be charged soon. I only charge it every other night and it has never even turned yellow for me! It is my main PV and I use it constantly throughout the day and night. I think that is pretty awesome!

Last edited:

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
I have the MVP 2 and the button is not hard to press at all... Granted it's not like a touch phone or computer, you do have to actually press it but it is a fantastic mod that I think she will love. Another plus is the battery life is phenomenal. I'm an average vaper and can easily get 3 days between charges. So far my favorite tank is the Kanger pro tank 2... Have also used Iclear 30 and Smok's Vivi Nova without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Update: I received it yesterday morning and I vaped with it all day and I loved it The button was not nearly as hard as pbursardo said it was. When my wife got home from work it was her turn. She loved it also, she had no issues with it. fits in her hand perfect and not too heavy. Also I had a friend come over lastnight cause he wanted some help ordering an ego twist kit (cause that is what we were previously using) This was gonna be his first device and wanted to get into vaping. He liked the mvp so much he ordered it instead. I think i might even order one for myself. Awesome mod, i would recommend it to anybody.

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
I know this thread is SO old but Idc...I just got the mvp 2 and maybe I'm weak but I actually searched the forums for "MVP 2 Button" and found this because I was thinkin omw this button is HARD to push!

I also have an itaste VV 3.0 and you can't even compare the 2...I even find myself reaching for my itaste all because of the button. I'm hoping that it "breaks in" because I love the battery life on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread