New to ECF: Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamFace

Sep 24, 2013
Canada
Hi fellow forum dwellers ,30 yr smoker trying to kick the habit. Just waiting on an order with all my gear to give it a go . The forums have an overwhelming amount of knowledge ! Was turned on to ECF by light101,hoping with some support and a new hobby to occupy my time that i will no longer have yellow fingers and stink like an ashtray !
Peace
SteamFace

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
Welcome to the site and to the community Steamface (I never get over how creative people are with screen-names).

I hope that you find your time here as enjoyable and as informative as I find mine.

Best of luck with giving up the burning analogs, and you will find that the friendly folks here are VERY supportive of people quitting smoking.

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
Hi, welcome to ECF and congrats. Yeah lottsa info here...sometimes too much :laugh:
Best of Luck.

Yes it is a bit much sometimes. Myself I prefer to keep it simple with a good VV mod or eGo and Pyrex clearomizers. I had pretty much forgotten about the yellow stains on my fingers from smoking. I definitely don't miss those at all. Welcome to ECF. :)

cloud.nine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Welcome SteamFace!
i'm a 30 yr. smoker trying to kick, too. i've been vaping about 3 weeks. waiting for my first order was so exciting and it felt like christmas when it arrived. i didn't know how much i would love vaping! i'm still smoking a couple of cigs a day, but they taste like c**p now!
I wouldn't have made it this far without all the info and support on this forum! :)

SteamFace

Sep 24, 2013
Canada
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :toast: I have an itaste v3.0 with a variety of clearomizers on order to start with. I've been watching a pile of pbusardo and grimm green videos on youtube trying to educate myself a bit on how to use it all when it arrives. Due to my tinkering nature i will likely soon have a shelf full of mods and RBA's. My only concern is i ordered from FT and not sure my juice order will make it. I made the order separate from my itaste and other gear, also kept it small just incase i do lose it to customs. So i will be looking for the closest fastest retailer near me (east coast canada) to get a rush on some juices so im not stuck with all the hardware and no juice to vape.I've been suffering thru these no nic gas station e-cigs tryin to puff on them in between analogs.Cant wait to get all my gear and give it an honest effort. My problem is i have so much free time and can smoke at will so as a result my habit/addiction has skyrocketed in the last few yrs.
Well that turned in to quite the rant ,once again thanks for the words of encouragement :)
Peace
Steamface

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
After 5 posts wait 1 hour for the ECF servers to reset and http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-nic-supplier-list-via-pm-only-part-2-a.html
Whereabouts in Canada are you?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :toast: I have an itaste v3.0 with a variety of clearomizers on order to start with. I've been watching a pile of pbusardo and grimm green videos on youtube trying to educate myself a bit on how to use it all when it arrives. Due to my tinkering nature i will likely soon have a shelf full of mods and RBA's. My only concern is i ordered from FT and not sure my juice order will make it. I made the order separate from my itaste and other gear, also kept it small just incase i do lose it to customs. So i will be looking for the closest fastest retailer near me (east coast canada) to get a rush on some juices so im not stuck with all the hardware and no juice to vape.I've been suffering thru these no nic gas station e-cigs tryin to puff on them in between analogs.Cant wait to get all my gear and give it an honest effort. My problem is i have so much free time and can smoke at will so as a result my habit/addiction has skyrocketed in the last few yrs.
Well that turned in to quite the rant ,once again thanks for the words of encouragement :)
Peace
Steamface

SteamFace

Sep 24, 2013
Canada

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks i'll send a PM for the list once the server resets . Prince Edward Island,to the best of my knowledge there are no retailers local to me.
Peace
SteamFace

You're welcome. Yeah the closest is in Montreal.
JUGHEADS.co We've Got the Vapors ! located just outside of Calgary has really good juices. Also www.CANVAPE.com Welcome to Canada's ultimate one stop shop on-line created for Canadian's to service your electronic cigarette needs. You'll find the highest quality products online for sale as well as the best pricing, service and sales. Quick proce located in Newmarket, Ont.
Cigarettes électroniques, e-cigarette, Electronic Cigarette - Vaporium Montreal
Welcome To Maple Leaf Vapes Toronto
For gear Canvape prolly the cheapest and recently has started stocking some quality juice.
Cheers.

I'm also new to the forum. Went to the Vegas VapeFest and met so many wonderful people. Had a great time and was told to join this forum. Lots of info for sure. I'm a long time smoker, ashamed to admit how long but very long indeed. However, I've been vaping for about 2 months and found out I'm doing it all wrong. Like anything else, one must do it right to get the right outcome. I'm a Respiratory Therapist by trade who specializes in pulmonary rehab and this info is invaluable to me, as smoking cessation is a part of what I do. Can't smell like a cigarette and convince others to quit. Glad I was introduced and hope to meet some great friends here. Have a great and blessed day ECF forum.

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
I'm a Respiratory Therapist by trade who specializes in pulmonary rehab and this info is invaluable to me, as smoking cessation is a part of what I do. Can't smell like a cigarette and convince others to quit. Glad I was introduced and hope to meet some great friends here. Have a great and blessed day ECF forum.
I was (and still am) always amazed at how many RT's smoke. I understand that it's a personal matter and the reasons for starting vary between individual, but the percentage was (and remains) surprising.

As vaping becomes more well-known, better understood, and more widespread I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a large number of "RT's who smoke" moving to vaping and becoming well-informed, well-educated and both personal/professional advocates of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread