New to ecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The more information that you learn prior to purchasing your first setup, the more informed you will be be to make a better selection.

Learn the terminology: for example, MTL (mouth-to-lung) vs. DTL (direct-to-lung) style vaping. Internal battery mod vs. external battery mod. Learn the difference between the different classes of ecig: cigalikes, pod mods, regulated and unregulated mods.

Your choice in batteries is the single most important decision that you will make.

The juice delivery attachment (tank) is what makes the vapor, not the battery device. So this part of the ecig in many ways is more important than the battery device.

Finding a flavor that you like in many ways is more important than the gear you choose. If you are a smoker, you likely won't find a flavor that "tastes like a cigarette". Using the correct amount of nicotine is very important in how satisfying your ecig will be for you.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The best advice is getting batteries from a reliable vendor(avoid amazon and eBay). And getting batteries that can handle the load your vaporizer will put on them. Also get LG, Sony, Samsung, or Sanyo. There are other batteries that are just rewrapped of one of the brand names that are good but for know look for brand name. Battery safety is the biggest priority. Other than that get a good mod, Smoant, Vaporesso, Tesla, or yihi or dna board mods. Uwell crown tank is a good starter and some .5 .25 & 1.2 coils for the crown and see what ohm works best. Do that and you will be on your way to successful, reliable, satisfying vaping

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF and I hope you enjoy your stay. The most important thing is to go slow, ask questions, read up on various materials you think would be helpful but just keep asking questions until you feel you understand vaping, what kind of vaper you may want to be and what might be a good first setup. Batteries as is stated, are one of the most important aspects of vaping. You want to have the right batteries for your style of vaping and how much wattage you need. There are internal and external batteries for mods, and both require different charging methods and handling and etc. You can mess up a fair amount of things, vaping can be relatively forgiving.

Batteries less so. Oh, and I would RECOMMEND a regulated mod to start, not an unregulated or mechanical mod. Regulated mods have protections that guard against user error. Starting with a mech mod is like jumping in the deep end of the pool in hand and leg cuffs, blindfolded. Please don't start there.

Welcome :)

Anna

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Hi and welcome!

I was so lost when I first started vaping. I knew zero. Was very lucky to have an acquaintance who worked in a vape shop to talk me through my first purchase before I found this forum.

Spend some time reading here and I bet you’ll get some idea where you want to start. Then please ask anything.

ThanushPoulsen

Jun 26, 2018
Hi!
When I started vaping half a year ago, there was nobody who advised me how to start and which vape mode to use. However, now there are many different sites which provide really helpful guides. For example, on VapingDaily, you can find the guide for the beginners and what to expect when you stitch from analogical cigs to vapes. Before starting vaping, you need to learn such info.
However, as many mentioned above, it is better to quit smoking at all if you can and ready for it.
Good luck! :thumb:

Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Just because you can (high nicotine, high power, highest or lowest anything else in the future) doesn't mean you should.
Start low and work your way up to find what you like. All the higher everything is for those who don't like it lower and future discoveries. You will probably like further than the extremes of what is possible.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread