New to Sub-ohm, need urgent replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

HasanVaping

Apr 27, 2015
Hi,im getting a new Sub ohm kit tommrow, but i dont know which one i should go for, either the smok or the istick, but im not sure either if i will like sub-ohming because im trying to quit smoking and need the direct lung hit. WIll i work out good for me? Thanks

Ive been vaping a regular ce4 and getting sick of it now because of the taste and the airflow is too heavy.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
If I had to choose between a Smok or iStick, I would go with the iStick 30w. I have two iStick 30's and a Smok XPro M50 (and an iStick 50) and the Smok mod can be finicky and requires an occasional reset. All of my iSticks have been trouble free, though I have seen threads here about the iStick 50 catching fire and/or exploding so I suppose the jury is still out on that one.

Reactions: Baditude

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Hit the wrong button, this should have been an edit to my original post:

For direct lung hitting and a sub-ohm clearo, I would pick the Kange Subtank Mini. I have also owned the Aspire Atlantis, Joyetech Delta II, and Arctic sub-ohm tanks and for all-around vapor, flavor, value, performance and ease of use I much prefer the Kanger tanks. Call me a fan boy, but I own seven of them - five Minis, a Nano, and a standard 25mm version.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Hi,im getting a new Sub ohm kit tommrow, but i dont know which one i should go for, either the SMOK or the iStick, but im not sure either if i will like sub-ohming because im trying to quit smoking and need the direct lung hit. WIll i work out good for me? Thanks

Ive been vaping a regular ce4 and getting sick of it now because of the taste and the airflow is too heavy.

Did you mean the SMOK Vapor Chaser sub ohm clearo and the Melo clearo by any chance?

As others have said, there are batteries / APVS and tanks / clearos. The tank or clearo will determine the quality of vape much more than the battery will.

I also don't understand what you mean when you say you are not sure if you will like sub-ohming as you need the direct lung hit. Most of the sub ohm tanks on the market right now are specifically designed for direct lung inhales.

cnspeedy

Dec 27, 2014
Seattle, WA, USA
When I quit smoking and started vaping, they set me up with an Atlantis sub-ohm tank (0.5). I hated it. :)
It was too strong for me, even tough I used to smoke like 2 packs a day of reds. I was coughing at every inhale.
I moved to Nautilus min at 1.8 ohm and it was better.
Later I "graduated" to subtank mini 1.2 ohms. Later I got the STmini RBA deck and build my own coils at around 0.9. It was manageable.
Now my favorite tank is Delta II with the RBA deck at around 0.7. It took me 4 months to get there.
In conclusion, my suggestion is to not use a subohm tank if you just started.
I almost gave up. I'm lucky I did not, I was willing to experiment and I had the cash to try different things.

CANCHASER

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
LAKE WALES
I would recommend the new EGO ONE it comes with both a 1.0 ohm coil for mouth to lung and a .5 ohm for sub ohm vaping and straight lung inhales. It's under 50.00 and if you end up not liking the sub ohm then you can use the 1.0 coil with it. It comes with the battery, both coils, charger and 2 drip tips. I have had mine for 2 days now and absolutely love it. The flavor and vapor are awesome with the 1.0, I haven't tried to .5 because the 1.0 is strong enough for me.

Smac61

Mar 23, 2010
Detroit
For direct lung hitting and a sub-ohm clearo, I would pick the Kange Subtank Mini. I have also owned the Aspire Atlantis, Joyetech Delta II, and Arctic sub-ohm tanks and for all-around vapor, flavor, value, performance and ease of use I much prefer the Kanger tanks. Call me a fan boy, but I own seven of them - five Minis, a Nano, and a standard 25mm version.

Any reason you suggest the Mini vs. the Nano? I just got back into the vape scene and was directed towards the Mini / iStick 30. I went with the Nano instead and am quite pleased with it. I want to get another Nano, but perhaps I should look at the Mini for #2?

I'm fine with the smaller tank, really don't see myself using the RBA anytime soon and like the 18.5mm look, but then newbies often don't see all the angles...

PattyZ

May 2, 2015
If you are considering the istick 50 watt, beware. There are reports of it auto firing and it doesn't shut off. I've only had mine for a few weeks and its happened 3 times. One reason I came to this forum, there is a thread about this very thing. I can't post too it as yet. I think I know why mine was doing it but not sure. Love the mod but can't get comfortable or stop worrying about it. I was considering the Yosen 50 Watt before I bought the istick. If I have any more problems, will send this back and go with my original choice.

justinlm24

Apr 13, 2015
ohio
I just posted a review of the Atlantis 2 in the General Discussion board.

Atlantis 2 - My new favorite tank | E-Cigarette Forum

The Atlantis 2 would get my vote.

What he said. The atlantis 2 blows all the current competition out of the water. Massive air flow and great vapor and flavor. They have the new drip tip adaptor out now that you can get for it so you can use your tip of choice. there are no flaws with this tank IMO.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Any reason you suggest the Mini vs. the Nano? I just got back into the vape scene and was directed towards the Mini / iStick 30. I went with the Nano instead and am quite pleased with it. I want to get another Nano, but perhaps I should look at the Mini for #2?

I'm fine with the smaller tank, really don't see myself using the RBA anytime soon and like the 18.5mm look, but then newbies often don't see all the angles...

I prefer the Mini because it comes with an RBA so you have the option of building your own coil/wick set up. Even if you don't think you will use it right now, it;s still an option down the road. With the Nano, the tank capacity is less and it only accepts the Kanger coils. It still vapes well though, so it depends on what you want.

Also the Nano will be a bit cheaper up front, but will cost more in the end as coils cost a lot more than wire and wick (for the RBA on the Mini). You can also rebuild the stock coils but I prefer the RBA.

rockabillyDave

Unresolved Status
Aug 4, 2014
Delaware
I would choose the ISTICK 50, and if I had a choice of tanks, Maybe a Arctic, or Herakles, possibly a Subtank Mini..

I find the battery life in the ISTICK 50 to be amazing. I manage a vape store, and yes I vape ALOT.. still lasts me a day and a half on a full charge at full 50w all day long..

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

KathyJ

May 5, 2015
New York
Hi,im getting a new Sub ohm kit tommrow, but i dont know which one i should go for, either the SMOK or the iStick, but im not sure either if i will like sub-ohming because im trying to quit smoking and need the direct lung hit. WIll i work out good for me? Thanks

Maybe an Istick 20 and a Nautilus Mini? Why do you want subohm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread